Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1542298 times)

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 766
  • I just kinda want to die all the time
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20415 on: December 31, 2019, 11:02:16 AM »
Amazon Prime removed Star Trek series in the middle of my DS9 rewatch. Had to borrow my mother's Netflix account. Harumph.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2911
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20416 on: December 31, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »
Another neighbor put up one of those "portable" basketball hoops, that sound of dribbling a ball on a driveway is so annoying and now there's going to be more of it...

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 498
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20417 on: December 31, 2019, 03:08:30 PM »
Amazon Prime removed Star Trek series in the middle of my DS9 rewatch. Had to borrow my mother's Netflix account. Harumph.
Survivor has also just been removed too. Guessing CBS's contract with Amazon expired, and now it's all CBS All Access exclusive now.

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20418 on: December 31, 2019, 09:09:20 PM »
Survivor has also just been removed too. Guessing CBS's contract with Amazon expired, and now it's all CBS All Access exclusive now.

That's exactly what happened. I've been debating on picking up a sub to it since there's Picard and Discovery.

Offline Quirk

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 459
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #20419 on: January 10, 2020, 05:14:29 PM »
Well this comic I made about 5 years ago to promote the QuipTracks Blog is blowing up again on Reddit, my URL removed, of course.

It's kind of cool, but in a more real way it sucks ass. Screw the internet and its refusal to give credit.
QuipTracks VS Steven Seagal in The Perfect Weapon is NOW AVAILABLE!

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 343
« Reply #20420 on: January 13, 2020, 05:38:24 PM »
Woke up in the middle of the night with the stomach flu that's been going around here. Miserable day. In a bit of a reprieve but been through this several times today and if I try and lay down I get nauseous. Ready for this to pass, but for most people it seems to be taking 2 days.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20421 on: January 13, 2020, 10:37:41 PM »
Woke up in the middle of the night with the stomach flu that's been going around here. Miserable day. In a bit of a reprieve but been through this several times today and if I try and lay down I get nauseous. Ready for this to pass, but for most people it seems to be taking 2 days.

I only had that once and it was terrible.  Just make sure you avoid any dairy products until a day after it's gone.  I didn't know about the dairy thing when I had it and after 3 days I started to feel better and had a bowl of mac and cheese, that brought it back even worse and it lasted another 3 days.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4415
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20422 on: January 17, 2020, 07:19:37 PM »
The big toe on my right foot has a severe case of gout! Bulldozed my way through the day in excruciating pain! It's been bothering me for a couple of days but it was tolerable till today when the pain got gradually worse throughout the day to the point that by the end of the day I had a major limp while walking. It was so bad I went to see a doctor after work where I was there over 3 hours tonight all the while in throbbing pain just to get prescribed 3 tablets of Colchicine and a bottle of 600mg ibuprofen taking 1 horse-sized tablet every 6 hours.

Had to call out of work for tomorrow and luckily I'm off Sunday and Monday for MLK's B-day so I should be able to return to work on Tuesday. Haven't called out of work in years and the post office doesn't make it the easiest thing to do having to call an 800 number and get through a bunch of prompts just to get a sick day(s) filed properly.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 841
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #20423 on: January 18, 2020, 12:31:07 AM »
Take a shit ton of tart cherry pills. It might take a few days but the pain will ease up eventually.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20424 on: January 18, 2020, 03:09:21 AM »
Take a shit ton of tart cherry pills. It might take a few days but the pain will ease up eventually.
That's what's strange.. I've been taking a daily regiment of Cherry Tart Extract for months and this gout still popped up ???

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 841
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #20425 on: January 18, 2020, 09:33:54 AM »
see if your doctor will prescribe you some allopurinol.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20426 on: January 18, 2020, 09:50:57 AM »
see if your doctor will prescribe you some allopurinol.
I'll ask if the 600mg Ibuprofen doesn't work but I'm feeling better today.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 399
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #20427 on: January 19, 2020, 03:28:58 AM »
I sprained my back shoveling snow on Saturday morning.

Also, our heating just broke.  So it's not a good weekend.

I hate Winter.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20428 on: January 25, 2020, 02:45:28 PM »
I'm non-binary. That isn't a secret, I'm out, I'm secure in who I am. Not that it matters, but I'm also AMAB, and lately I've been presenting more masculine because of my job and the fact that I'm hyper depressed so I'm not taking care of my stuff, not to mention an issue with my HRT not blocking T like it's supposed to, so it's just demonstrably easier to be masc than femme. Thanks to my depression, I can't motivate to put the effort in to be feminine. Yay.

I live with my parents, because I'm 29 years old and a complete failure at life. Recently I shaved my head, because I felt like making a drastic change in my appearance. And since then, my parents have just been acting like I'm just straight male. My mother just tried to stop me from seeing my sister in law(to be)'s wedding dress, because "she's trying it on". Mother fucker you think I've never been around people of any gender changing clothes? I was a CNA. I've CHANGED both male and female people. And I'm not looking to see her change, I want to see the fucking dress.

She claims that it wasn't about me being masc, it was about my SiL not wanting to have people see, which is complete bullshit, because SiL has ALWAYS been very clear that she doesn't care if people see her dress. For fuck sake, she tries to show my brother. She also made a point of saying that they made my sister's boyfriend wait, because it's apparently a girls only thing. I used to look at wedding dresses all the time. I just BOUGHT a dress for fucks sake. You think I wouldn't appreciate it?

I fucking hate it here. I can't move out because I can't afford my own place because debt collectors hound me constantly. I want to move, but I can't find a place that will accept me, my dog and my rats, plus my credit is shit, so I definitely can't do it on my own. I'm so tired of this bullshit. She's stressed, I get it. But her stress level doesn't mean she gets to invalidate me. I'm standing fucking firm on that. I call her what she wants to be called and I use the pronouns she wants me to use. She can do the same fucking thing. But no, she calls me a name I haven't gone by in 6 years, and then still doesn't call me by the name I've gone by for 6 months. I'm just done. I'm furious, I'm depressed, I'm wanting to self harm. I don't owe her androgyny.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20429 on: January 26, 2020, 07:43:48 AM »
Food poisoning sucks.  Combined with a cold it doubly sucks.

4am Friday I wake up feeling like I have to through up, try to walk to the bathroom and fall over becuse the room is spinning.

So, have to crawl to the bathroom and vomit, crawl back to bed, and repeat for about 8 hours.

After about 12 hours I could hold down sips of water, still trapped on the 2nd floor of my house since I figure I would break my neck trying to get down the stairs.

Saturday morning the dizziness was down to a level I made it downstairs and managed to keep down a bagel and a large glass of water.

Saturday evening I could eat normally but still can't walk a straight line due to the dizziness.

Here it is Sunday morning and still slightly dizzy, about the same as 2 drinks, but my stomach seems completely back to normal.

I think it was old frozen corn that I didn't heat well enough Thursday night.  Because I had a cold I hadn't gone shopping in 2 weeks and was down to eating the last few things in the fridge.