login

Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1487244 times)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 520
  • Bowsette is bae
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20280 on: January 02, 2019, 02:01:17 PM »
I think my work might be underpaying me. As I understood it when I got hired, I would get paid for an extra 8 hours a week since I was working the weekend shift, and I don't think I've been getting that since my first check. I get paid Tuesday, so I'll see what that looks like. It's been hard to determine because I've missed a day or two in the last couple of pay periods, but I've only missed 1 day and it was a schedule day off for me. We'll see what happens.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20281 on: January 02, 2019, 02:14:01 PM »
I think my work might be underpaying me. As I understood it when I got hired, I would get paid for an extra 8 hours a week since I was working the weekend shift, and I don't think I've been getting that since my first check. I get paid Tuesday, so I'll see what that looks like. It's been hard to determine because I've missed a day or two in the last couple of pay periods, but I've only missed 1 day and it was a schedule day off for me. We'll see what happens.

Often companies base their overtime/holiday/weekend rules on how many hours total you work in a week or day.  If that is the case and you missed a day the rules don't kick in for that week.  Did you get it in writing that they would pay you time and a half (one extra days pay for 2 days work) on the weekends? 

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20282 on: January 02, 2019, 03:57:07 PM »
I'd have to look, but there's examples in there where ive worked my allotted days and still didn't get it, but I distinctly remember my first weekend having 32 hours in it. I'll have to check the info that they gave me on hiring.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 261
« Reply #20283 on: January 08, 2019, 06:34:47 PM »
Woke up in the middle of the night last night with severe back pain and never got back to sleep. Still hurts like hell and sleep is going to be tough to come by tonight. This is something that I go through 3 or 4 times a year and have every year for the last 7 years or so. 1st time it happened I went to the doctor and they did a xrays and a bunch of tests and basically said I was getting older, these things happen, and gave me a prescriptions for generic vicodin which I didn't realize was vicodin until I got told that by the pharmacist. I was reluctant to take it, but finally relented on Friday night, took 2 and slept for most of the next 48 hours. Ever since I've just toughed it out and the pain always goes away in a few days.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20284 on: January 08, 2019, 08:05:51 PM »
ShopKo sold their pharmacy business to Kroger (ShopKo  stores are similar to Target and I think they're only in the Midwest). Was hoping ShopKo Express' pharmacy wouldn't included in the sale, but they were (ShopKo Express is ShopKo's version of a Walgreen's). My prescriptions have been moved to a Kroger owned store clear across town. Gonna have to move them to Wal Mart and I hate dealing with Wal Mart's pharmacy. Also don't see how the ShopKo Express near us will stay in business without a pharmacy.
This whole deal makes sense now. ShopKo is delinquent on $67 million in payments to a prescription drug supplier and is expected to file for bankruptcy next week.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20285 on: January 09, 2019, 04:21:55 PM »
A RRARRGH that's been resolved as of this evening..
Ordered a couple items, 1 from Amazon, the other from QVC. Both were shipped UPS Surepost so they should have been transferred to the post office but instead showed as delivered to my address on Thursday January 3.. They were never delivered to my address.
Went to UPS this morning and they pulled a location scan of where they were delivered and the dumbass delivered them to a pregnancy crisis center a block away!
Went by there and sure enough they had them and the woman that accidentally signed for them tried to return them to the driver but he was rude to her saying he refused to take them back!
She was going to drop them off at the post office since they had a USPS tracking number but hadn't got around to it till I came by inquiring about them and she gave them both to me.
I also had another package he tried to deliver there but the office was closed at the time and I was able to put a stop on the delivery and just picked it up at the UPS center. The UPS driver clearly didn't even look at the address that was clearly printed on both labels and I had UPS do an investigation on all 3 tracking numbers as I'm sure I'm not the only one that had mis-delivered packages ::)
Just glad I got them and they weren't lost.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #20286 on: January 09, 2019, 06:42:11 PM »
My phone stopped working this morning. One minute all the buttons were working then all of a sudden they stopped working(except for the power button). I called my mobile company because they were supposed to send me a replacement phone weeks ago and... actually some good news my new phone is supposed to be here this Friday. I'm glad they finally got on it and sent me my phone. I'm just surprised a phone I took care of fairly well went to hell that fast(relatively speaking, I don't know what the average lifespan of a cell phone is these days.).

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20287 on: January 09, 2019, 06:49:47 PM »
My phone stopped working this morning. One minute all the buttons were working then all of a sudden they stopped working...
Buttons? Was it one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/Jitterbug-Easy-Phone-Seniors-GreatCall/dp/B01DRV2BBY

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #20288 on: January 09, 2019, 08:49:51 PM »
Nope, I'm afraid not. I'm just already having some bad withdrawal because I am used to texting at least 20 times a day.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20289 on: January 10, 2019, 04:37:39 PM »
ShopKo sold their pharmacy business to Kroger (ShopKo  stores are similar to Target and I think they're only in the Midwest). Was hoping ShopKo Express' pharmacy wouldn't included in the sale, but they were (ShopKo Express is ShopKo's version of a Walgreen's). My prescriptions have been moved to a Kroger owned store clear across town. Gonna have to move them to Wal Mart and I hate dealing with Wal Mart's pharmacy. Also don't see how the ShopKo Express near us will stay in business without a pharmacy.
This whole deal makes sense now. ShopKo is delinquent on $67 million in payments to a prescription drug supplier and is expected to file for bankruptcy next week.
And the ShopKo Express near us that's pharmacy closed last weekend is now scheduled to totally close next month.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #20291 on: January 11, 2019, 06:44:42 PM »
Huh, I guess it's a good thing that most service dogs wear little vests that say words to the effect of "I am a service dog, please do not pet me.". Don't get me wrong though, that obviously does not excuse what those people are doing.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20292 on: January 11, 2019, 11:43:25 PM »
I am the only CNA working on my hall tonight. I had two people who came and helped until 11, but 7 hours of the shift remained. I do rounds at 12, 2, and 4:30. I finished first rounds at 1:17. This is a hell of a nightmare. I won't say anything positive, because 100% of the time, that jinxes it, but yeah.

Oh, and I spoke with other employees, and confirmed I am being under paid. Working the shift that gives time and third and not getting it. Spoke to my boss today, and she's gonna look into it Monday, since she was out today.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20293 on: January 12, 2019, 03:34:15 PM »
Came home the other night and the wife said the vacuum cleaner was broken and she was going to buy a new one. Told her to let me look at it before she did. Finally had time to look at it today. Some how she had vacuumed up an entire bath towel that shredded when it wrapped around the roller and in addition stopping the roller, shreds plugged up the hose. So easy enough fix, but how the hell do you vacuum an entire towel and not realize it?

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20294 on: January 23, 2019, 06:53:22 AM »
Interstate 20/59 is shutdown for repairs for the next 14 months where I live. It adds about 10-20mins to my commute. The worst part? My car can barely get to 40mph on some uphill parts (where I should be doing 50-60). It's unrelated. But it's all happening at once. I need to get a tune-up asap, but my parents are in town for the week (traveling from the other side of the country). Hoping I can make it to next week and that our finances can handle it. :S