login

Poll

How do you feel about this?

He'll be great!
He'll suck!
Anyone is better than Rosie O'Donnell
It'll never be the same without Bob Barker

Author Topic: Drew Carey to host "The Price Is Right"!  (Read 4203 times)

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • BlondeChampagne
Re: Drew Carey to host "The Price Is Right"!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 03:25:43 PM »
There was an ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING article on this a couple weeks ago on MNSBC.com: 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19973873/

(enormous wink)

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 11:43:12 PM »
There was an ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING article on this a couple weeks ago on MNSBC.com: 

Great piece, LadyKen, and pretty much right on the money.  Though when I think of early game show hosts, I don't think of "funnymen" so much as wry, bowtie-sporting sophisticates who smoked one hell of a lot of Winstons.  It's still a long way from those guys to Bert Convy's luxuriant 'fro, though, so your point still stands.

Anyway, glad to see the wedding prep madness hasn't dampened your sense of humor.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 02:09:15 AM »
Nobody thought The Daily Show would do well once Craig Kilborn left and Jon Stewart took over.  But it took off.
And no one thought The Late, Late Show would survive his leaving...and yet Craig Feruguson is doing great.

Sounds like a clear case of the Patrick Ewing Theory.

Craig Ferguson's an over-rated ball hog with slow feet who's useless outside the key?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 06:31:09 AM »
I might have missed it: has there been a single new player to join the NBA in that last ten years who ISN'T a woefully under-talented gangster-rapper wannabe?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 06:33:07 AM »
Considering his work on Whose Line Is It Anyway I think Drew Carrey is the best choice they could have possibly made.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 07:17:25 AM »
Great piece, LadyKen, and pretty much right on the money.  Though when I think of early game show hosts, I don't think of "funnymen" so much as wry, bowtie-sporting sophisticates who smoked one hell of a lot of Winstons.  It's still a long way from those guys to Bert Convy's luxuriant 'fro, though, so your point still stands.

Anyway, glad to see the wedding prep madness hasn't dampened your sense of humor.

Many thanks for the kind words, Steve-O.  What would be completely awesome was if Drew came out from behind the curtain puffing on a Winston.   I would DVR the show every single day, and all the congressional inquiries on CSPAN to follow.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 07:25:44 AM »
"Drew Carey, America's bowling partner."  :clap: as always, LadyK.

I might have missed it: has there been a single new player to join the NBA in that last ten years who ISN'T a woefully under-talented gangster-rapper wannabe?

Maybe one of those Greek or Croat players teams import when they need somebody to, y'know, play defense once in a while?

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 07:28:23 AM »
Nobody thought The Daily Show would do well once Craig Kilborn left and Jon Stewart took over.  But it took off.
And no one thought The Late, Late Show would survive his leaving...and yet Craig Feruguson is doing great.

Craig Ferguson's an over-rated ball hog with slow feet who's useless outside the key?

Maybe he just sweats alot....

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 07:32:01 AM »

Maybe he just sweats alot....

Or bears an uncanny resemblance to a mountain gorilla? Hold on, it's not a racial thing - dude just looks a helluvalot like a gorilla.

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 12:06:30 PM »
"Drew Carey, America's bowling partner."  Clap clap! as always, LadyK.

Thanks, Sharky! :)  We Ohio bowlers have to stick together.  I'm still working on forgiving Drew his general Clevelandness.

-LadyK, Participation Trophy Winner, 1984 Summer League, Stump's Lanes, Cincinnati