Poll

Do you think the RiffTrax 'Higher-ups' should sanction this game?

YES!
8 (47.1%)
No.
3 (17.6%)
Not sure..
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: 2007 NFL Season begins August 5!!! WOO HOO!!  (Read 41826 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: 2007 NFL Season begins August 5!!! WOO HOO!!
« Reply #555 on: February 04, 2008, 06:52:53 AM »
Now I want to see if there is any hard proof that they video taped the Rams final walk thru before superbowl 36.     things could get might ugly for Bili-cheat.

I can here the 'Jaws' theme music starting..

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #556 on: February 04, 2008, 07:02:54 AM »
Now I want to see if there is any hard proof that they video taped the Rams final walk thru before superbowl 36.     things could get might ugly for Bili-cheat.

I can here the 'Jaws' theme music starting..

I hope so.......

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #557 on: February 04, 2008, 08:40:27 AM »
Some random disjointed thoughts:

1. I think this settles it - a perfect season is something that will never happen in today's NFL.  The '72 Dolphins were able to do it, but that was with a soft, gushy schedule and less strict rules regarding coverage.  They weren't even FAVORED to win the Super Bowl, so they didn't really have to deal with the pressure of being undefeated because nobody thought they would do it.  The Dolphins did it under very special circumstances, and it won't happen again.

2. I don't harbor the seething, over-the-top hatred for the Patriots that some people do, but I was cheering for the Giants because I like a good upset.  However, it wouldn't have made me angry if the Pats had won, mainly because it would mean Randy Moss would finally have a ring.  (As a Vikings fan, I'm still pissed off about how he was run out of town by a bunch of media blowhards and then traded for 24 cents worth of beads and Troy "Iron Hands" Williamson).

3. The Giants winning the Super Bowl makes me feel a lot better about my Vikings.  Looking at their personnel and coaching philosophy, they look very similar.  The main difference is that the Giants actually have a pass rush.  (None of the Vikings' defensive ends got more than five sacks this year - and this was with the Williamses in the middle drawing constant double teams!  Absolutely inexcusable!)

Any-friggin'-crap, the Giants won because they were able to stop the run and (more importantly) disrupt the pass.  They got just enough done on offense to take advantage of their stellar defensive play.  Kudos to the Giants for a well-played game.

4. I like pie.

5. What in the name of Gilbert Godfried was Bill Belicheck thinking going for it on fourth down?  If there's one thing all my hours of playing Madden have taught me, it's that you HAVE TO TAKE THE POINTS.  You don't pass up a chance for three points on 4th and 13.  Perhaps this wouldn't have been such a big deal if the Patriots hadn't lost BY A FIELD GOAL.  IN THE GODDAMN SUPER BOWL.  Way to go, Dunce Lame-bardi. ::)

6. Especially pecan pie.  Pecan pie is my favorite.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 03:16:44 PM by BBQ Platypus »
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

anais.jude

« Reply #558 on: February 04, 2008, 09:33:17 AM »
i am happy the giants won too. Eli manning is Nawlins boy, and I like to pull for the underdog.

that being said, I am very happy to hear BBQ likes pecan pie. That's good eatin

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #559 on: February 04, 2008, 09:36:08 AM »
I'm still shocked myself at what I witnessed last night..

The Patriots just weren't the same team for some reason.. It was really awkward!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #560 on: February 04, 2008, 09:40:34 AM »

The Patriots just weren't the same team for some reason.. It was really awkward!

Maybe their VCR broke before the game and they could not watch their, um, "tapes".

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #561 on: February 04, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »

Maybe their VCR broke before the game and they could not watch their, um, "tapes".
Ya know.. You may very well be right there.. :o

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 25
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #562 on: February 04, 2008, 09:41:42 AM »
Cheating bastards got what they deserved...
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #563 on: February 04, 2008, 10:28:54 AM »
I blame Jessica Simpson.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #564 on: February 04, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »
There was a lot of discussion on overnight radio about Belacheck's lack of adjustments at half time and why he didn't make any?  I think he started to believe his own hype and thought they had survived the giants best shot and would role in the second half.  I thought throughout the season that the Patriots would be better off if they lost a game somewhere.  I figured if they went 16-0 overconfidence would bite them in the playoffs.  I didn't think it would be in the superbowl though.  Hats off to the NY giants. 

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #565 on: February 04, 2008, 11:32:04 AM »
Yeah, they would have been better off with one loss instead of having all that extra pressue put on them.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #566 on: February 04, 2008, 11:36:49 AM »
Yeah, they would have been better off with one loss instead of having all that extra pressue put on them.
rrriiight... ::)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #567 on: February 04, 2008, 12:03:12 PM »

Funny, I was also thinking along those lines, that the Giants kept all the same signals but changed what plays each one called for.

I also don't understand why they didn't seem to change a thing at halftime, it's like they were counting on the Giants folding in the second half and could just wait it out.  When the Giants defence seemed a little flat at the start of the second half that probably gave them too much confidence, it was surprising how strong the Giants were at the end and/or it was the Pats offensive line that folded.

That 2 week break always seems to mess up at least one team....

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #568 on: February 04, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »
(I'm only back to say...)

Ladies and Gentlemen....I give you....

Still the One and Only Undefeated Team!!!!!

And they didn't cheat and videotape other teams....

To Jimmy and his Johnson....you can kiss my ass.  This asshole has a hell of a nerve to downplay the accomplishment of the 1972 Dolphins when he was responsible for starting what has become the downward spiral to what the team is today.  First with is assine idea of making the team a halfway house for every rapist, would-be rapist, coke-snorting scumbag he could draft straight out of jail (I don't care if it worked in Dallas).  Then saddling us with his hand-picked replacement Dave Wanstandt who couldn't coach the Puppy Bowl.

1. I think this settles it - a perfect season is something that will never happen in today's NFL.  The '72 Dolphins were able to do it, but that was with a soft, gushy schedule and less strict rules regarding coverage.  They weren't even FAVORED to win the Super Bowl, so they didn't really have to deal with the pressure of being undefeated because nobody thought they would do it.  It won't happen again - the Dolphins did it under very special circumstances, and it won't happen again.

Total bullshit.  No pressure?  You couldn't have been alive at the time and say that.   Plus, the Dolphins at the time were just as amazed at what they were accomplishing as anyone.  They weren't acting like they'd been ordained by whoever to have all of these wins like the Patriots and their coach has all this year.
 Get bent.

And I'm gone.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #569 on: February 04, 2008, 03:30:39 PM »

To Jimmy and his Johnson....you can kiss my ass.  This asshole has a hell of a nerve to downplay the accomplishment of the 1972 Dolphins when he was responsible for starting what has become the downward spiral to what the team is today.  First with is assine idea of making the team a halfway house for every rapist, would-be rapist, coke-snorting scumbag he could draft straight out of jail (I don't care if it worked in Dallas).  Then saddling us with his hand-picked replacement Dave Wanstandt who couldn't coach the Puppy Bowl.

That could be the best paragraph ever written    :clap:

BUT, in all fairness, Dave Wanstandt could coach the puppy bowl.......... but his team would lose 44-10.