login

Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 130777 times)

Doctor Who?

Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #660 on: December 11, 2008, 09:59:28 AM »
*punches Thrifty*

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #661 on: December 11, 2008, 08:03:23 PM »
I think it's safe to assume that unless something drastic changes, I will continue to loathe any and all Hardee's commercials that ever come out.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline saltwrench

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #662 on: December 11, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »
I think it's safe to assume that unless something drastic changes, I will continue to loathe any and all Hardee's commercials that ever come out.

But tell me that you don't like haveing one of their burgers, commercials bad but burgers good.

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #663 on: December 11, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »

But tell me that you don't like haveing one of their burgers, commercials bad but burgers good.

Well, I wouldn't spit one out if I found out I was eating one.  But I almost never intentionally seek them out.  Maybe once or twice within the last year.  I just don't believe in spending money on a product whose advertising annoys me.  Because if I do, that will lead them to continue to believe that annoying advertising is effective, and therefore make their advertisements more annoying. 

Offline saltwrench

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #664 on: December 11, 2008, 08:35:24 PM »

Well, I wouldn't spit one out if I found out I was eating one.  But I almost never intentionally seek them out.  Maybe once or twice within the last year.  I just don't believe in spending money on a product whose advertising annoys me.  Because if I do, that will lead them to continue to believe that annoying advertising is effective, and therefore make their advertisements more annoying. 
I actually do the same thing.  In theory, anyway.  Generally if the place's ads annoy me I don't like it anyway (Sonic, Wal-Mart, etc.).  Particularly that Sonic guy though, I just want to slam him in the nuts with an anvil.

I may be a different story since I love big burgers (if I eat Whoppers, I'll have two because one just won't fill me up).  But yes, I too hate Sonic...but only because they are ridiculous on their chili dogs!  Growing up in Detroit, my local Coney Island restaurant sold coneys for $0.75 per coney so I'll be damned if I'll pay 1.99 per!  And its terrible chili, hasn't been aged like a proper coney chili should be.

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #665 on: December 11, 2008, 08:50:35 PM »
Yeah, and they serve their Chateau Latour room temperature!  It's supposed to be chilled, morons!

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #666 on: December 11, 2008, 08:52:29 PM »
Yeah, and they serve their Chateau Latour room temperature!  It's supposed to be chilled, morons!

Homosapiens?

Offline saltwrench

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #667 on: December 11, 2008, 08:54:27 PM »
Thank you! I mean come on!

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #668 on: December 11, 2008, 09:00:36 PM »
No, it's a valid complaint.  I'm just feeling very silly tonight.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #669 on: December 12, 2008, 05:19:14 AM »

Er, Chateau Latour should be served at room temperature....

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #670 on: December 12, 2008, 05:27:17 AM »

Er, Chateau Latour should be served at room temperature....

He meant Chateau le Blanc '68.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #671 on: December 12, 2008, 06:47:36 AM »
Ah, the anneaux de poulet reserve.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #672 on: December 12, 2008, 07:14:43 AM »
I used to sell wine. The three wines produced by Chateau Latour are all red, which should be served at room temperature, though it's worth noting that "room temperature" is a specific temperature (around 58-66 degrees) and not really "the temperature of the room" which tends to average a wee bit warmer these days. :)

However, go and translate the French phrases in both my last post and Kodiak's  ;)

EDIT: Didn't factor in wines made from Gamay and the like :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:30:09 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #673 on: December 12, 2008, 07:16:35 AM »

I actually do the same thing.  In theory, anyway.  Generally if the place's ads annoy me I don't like it anyway (Sonic, Wal-Mart, etc.).  Particularly that Sonic guy though, I just want to slam him in the nuts with an anvil.

Sonic commercials are among the stupidest ones ever. I feel my IQ drop everytime I see one.. Lousy food too. I only ate there about 3-4 times. Only thing I liked was the chicken tenders. Everything else is horrid!

Right now I hate the Target ones with the children's pageants. Ugh....

Also sick of Jared Jewelers commercials. Someone goes there and gets a piece of jewelry and everyone freaks out. HE WENT TO JARED!!! OMG!!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #674 on: December 12, 2008, 07:22:30 AM »
Also sick of Jared Jewelers commercials. Someone goes there and gets a piece of jewelry and everyone freaks out. HE WENT TO JARED!!! OMG!!!

I went to Jared for Ann's wedding band, but that was only because the engagement ring is really nice and distinctive and I needed something quite simple to offset it. Jared is a really mediocre jeweler with a ton of very chintzy baubles if you don't want just a simple inlaid diamond band.