Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 130153 times)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #555 on: September 21, 2008, 04:24:36 AM »
Isn't Match.com the site that is against eharmony.com for denying to match homosexual people?

If so, then this could be a subtle retaliation, showing that people have different orientations, some that are different than the majority, but still deserve to be respected and accepted.

If not, then it's just some annoying vegetarian who just can't stand the fact that humans are primates, and primates are omnivores. You go ahead and refuse to eat the flesh of an animal. You go ahead and refuse the vital protein and Omega-3 fatty acids that fish provides. You go ahead and refuse the vitamins that meat and poultry provide.

And if it's a question of someone refusing meat because they were shocked and appalled at the method of killing animals for consumption, you needn't worry. The industry is becoming more humane every day. And let's face it, many animals in the wild get their bodies ripped into shreds by the predators that eat them in order to survive. So don't feel too sorry for them. It's the circle of life, Simba. Deal with it.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #556 on: September 25, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »
I look at it like this. You can't hear the screams of a carrot. They say eating animals is cruel? At least we kill the animal before they cook em. Aren't veggies and stuff still barely alive when you take it home from the market? Think about veggies like this: A carrot is laying around nice and comfy in the dirt when suddenly it is yanked from the ground. Or an ear of corn is sitting on it's stalk when it is chopped up from under it till all is left is the ear of corn. Many a plan has part of it ripped off or chopped off. Then while the veggie is still clinging to life it is cut diced and cooked. Sometimes fried alive, over baked in an over, boiled, ripped. If the veggies were animals PETA would be protesting in the streets. Don't think you are superior because you don't eat animals. You just can't hear the silent screams of your salad as you go at it like a psycho killer in a teen slasher film.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #557 on: September 25, 2008, 08:39:07 PM »
Have you seen the Windows adds where they trick people into using Windows by telling them thay are using windows and then the people act shocked at the end when they are told for a second time that it is Windows.

How many kinds of stupid is that?!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #558 on: September 25, 2008, 08:52:29 PM »
Keep an eye out on Tv that is the new windows hidden camera add.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #559 on: October 07, 2008, 02:15:03 PM »
The one that irritates me to no end now is Toyota's Saved by Zero ad. UGH! I now hate that song. After hearing nothing but that one damn line I can't listen to it.

Doc Steve

« Reply #560 on: October 07, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »
All I know is that anyone who can't tell a PepsiCon product like Pizza Hut's pasta from the real thing needs to be educated, toute suite

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #561 on: October 07, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpr23q_rdCk&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gpr23q_rdCk&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Doc Steve

« Reply #562 on: October 07, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpr23q_rdCk&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gpr23q_rdCk&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!!

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #563 on: October 07, 2008, 08:22:55 PM »
Have you seen the Windows adds where they trick people into using Windows by telling them thay are using windows and then the people act shocked at the end when they are told for a second time that it is Windows.

Offline Trumpysgirl

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #564 on: October 07, 2008, 09:00:20 PM »
I can't stand Political mud-slinging commercials. I don't care which side it is, it makes them look like children. Honestly, if a candidate refused to do them as part of his campaign he would instantly have my vote.
Dammit, Maverick! Why don't you play by the rules?!

"Joel, what's a Harringway?"
"About a pound."

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #565 on: October 08, 2008, 07:11:21 AM »
I hate the new "Women are getting pregnant for German engineering in whatever the hell that minivan is" campaign. 

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #566 on: October 08, 2008, 07:13:53 AM »
I can't stand Political mud-slinging commercials. I don't care which side it is, it makes them look like children. Honestly, if a candidate refused to do them as part of his campaign he would instantly have my vote.

no kidding. And it is finger pointing like that person is a complete saint. "My opponent is spreading lies. Don't listen to him. HE is just being a doody head. I can turn lead to gold. Vote for me. I approve this message.." That is all I ever hear during those things.

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana
« Reply #567 on: October 09, 2008, 02:07:06 AM »
I just saw the commercial for this:

http://www.getsnuggie.com/

To be honest, I'm not sure the emotion coursing through me right now is hate. More like complete and utter stupefaction.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #568 on: October 09, 2008, 05:02:22 AM »
Well first off, it looks like something from The Handmaid's Tale

Secondly, when I first read the website address I thought it said Get Snuggle and I imagined a tough as nails Northern England set Gangster drama featuring a fabric softener shilling bear.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #569 on: October 20, 2008, 10:25:18 PM »
Those goddamn "Frank TV" commercials drive me NUTS.  Note to Frank: If you want to be an impressionist who can do multiple impressions, try not to be such a fatass. 

It's the chunky hands that are distracting...