login

Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 125894 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #510 on: August 04, 2008, 07:12:20 PM »
What, a push bike?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #511 on: August 04, 2008, 07:15:04 PM »
Yeah it's a normal bike like i used to ride when i was a kid.

He had to get a broken down used one because he didn't have the credit to get a new one.

A new bike only costs about $130 where I live?!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #512 on: August 04, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »
Yeah I mean iIcan get a relatively workable Trek for under a grand, i don't need to finance it or anything like that.

Is he getting it from a Mob Bike shop or something?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #513 on: August 04, 2008, 07:20:48 PM »
Is it just me or are the songs getting worse with each add?

The latest one is just awful IMO.

Offline Tron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #514 on: August 04, 2008, 10:33:33 PM »
OK, so people here beat me to bustong on the latest singing loser commercial. (Hey, maybe his wife took the car when she dumped him for singing about how he wished he hadn't married her...)

But you know something that's even worse about these commercials than the singing loses and his constant whining?

The fact they insult our intelligence.

They make it out to be "free" and even call it "freecreditreport.com baby" but then they state that offer applies to enrollment in triple advantage.

So, they tell us it's free, then tell us we have to enroll in  (pay for) the triple advantage program, WTF that is.

It's really insulting to the intelligence.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #515 on: August 05, 2008, 08:58:58 AM »
Yeah i am surprised they are allowed to call it that,there is nothing free about it.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #516 on: August 05, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »
Actually on that point, why does Bad Credit mean you have to work at Long John Silvers?

I understand the other ads, vaguely, bad credit can indeed mean you won't be able to finance a car or get a workable mortgage (though, as you pointed out, the mortgage doesn't have to be a joint one) but I'm not sure how bad credit forces one to take a job as a gimmick heavy fish supper joint.

yeah last time I check employers didn't check your credit report so why did he have to take that job?

Actually, some employers do check your credit before hiring you.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #517 on: August 05, 2008, 09:21:24 AM »

I kinda like the personalized card commercials ("WAR KITTENS???" :D)

I want an animated .gif of the guy saying that.  :)
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #518 on: August 05, 2008, 09:23:59 AM »

Dude! Are you gonna stand around sobbing like a chick or are you gonna help me mop up all this blood?

If I had been drinking milk when I read that, I would be DEAD now. Please be more careful in the future.   ;)

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #519 on: August 05, 2008, 11:39:27 AM »

<--- Lookie what I found!

Offline Tron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #520 on: August 05, 2008, 02:33:29 PM »
Another couple of commercials that are getting under my skin involve phone companies.

First there's those vonage adawith the vonage woman coming in and just pushing the phone company guy off the screen. Ok, sometimes I get POed at big companies because they become arrogant, but that doesn't mean I like a small company coming in an ad that just overflows with smug arrogance. I mean, seriously, that commercial portrays vonage as so smug and arrogant I wouldn't touch the company with someone else's hands.

Then there's the ad with the guy getting his feet stuck in cement and tries to call for help, only to be told by a guy in a little vehicle that everyone else is using "the network" so his service is useless, and doesn't even offer to help. It's like "Oh, you picked another phone company so XXXX you, you're not....One of us, one of us, one of us."

So, the network customers are programmed to make life crappy for non users? Maybe subliminal messages pumped in over their phones while they're talking on them? "Non network users are evil, they must be shunned, harassed, cast out!"

I could do without either commercial. The arrogance of the vonage commercials turns me off, the "people who don't use our service are doomed!" message of the networkcommercial annoys me.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #521 on: August 05, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »

<--- Lookie what I found!

Rattrap FTW!

- Conan O'Brien

Doctor Who?

« Reply #522 on: August 12, 2008, 06:27:45 AM »
Anyone seen those home loan adds that they make look just like a news break to fool old people in to think they are getting some emergency piece of information and that they will lose their house if they don't call the number of the screen?

What gets me is they end each add by saying stay tuned to this station for more up dates!!

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #523 on: August 12, 2008, 07:09:54 AM »
Anyone seen those home loan adds that they make look just like a news break to fool old people in to think they are getting some emergency piece of information and that they will lose their house if they don't call the number of the screen?

What gets me is they end each add by saying stay tuned to this station for more up dates!!

That reminds me of the radio ad playing in the local market. There's some kind of home foreclosures in the area that can get you a great deal on a home, but they say "due to the volume of calls, persons with the last name A through M can call now, but the rest have to wait". I still have not heard the follow-up ad that says "customers N through Z can go ahead and call now."

Whatever.  ;)

Doctor Who?

« Reply #524 on: August 12, 2008, 07:55:24 AM »
I am just surprised there isn't a law that says you can't make your adds look like news updates.