Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 125915 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 11:51:54 AM »
The Kool-Aid Jug introducing the Hot, Shampooing Women!!
AWW YEAH.. DAS RIGHT!!

It'd certainly increase my likelyhood of buying the nasty powdered drinks.

Oh you know an ad that gets right on my pecs? It's for some contraceptive pill and 4 or 5 women are gathered around having a really stilted conversation about periods until one of them chimes in with the pill being advertised. Then another does the side effects spiel with all the natural delivery of "Bill Cosby" in South Park.

At the end she says "I didn't go to medical school for nothing" I want one of the other women to reply "yes you became a medical sales rep".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 11:58:20 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3785
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 11:56:56 AM »
AWW YEAH.. DAS RIGHT!!

It'd certainly increase my likelyhood of buying the nasty powdered drinks.

Oh you know an ad that gets right on my pecs? It's for some contraceptive pill and 4 or 5 women are gathered around having a really stilted conversation about periods until one of them chimes in with the pill being advertised. Then another does the side effects spiel with all the natural delivery of "Bill Cosby" in South Park.

At the end she says "I didn't go to medical school for nothing" I want one of the other women to reply "yes you became a medical sales rep".
UUGH!! The combination of a woman's period, and Kool aid in the same conversation just gave me a Bad Visual just now..  :gouge:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 11:59:19 AM by RVR II »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »
UUGH!! The combination of a woman's period, and Kool aid in the same conversation just gave me a Bad Visual just now..

Aww but it would increase the nutrient content of Kicking Kiwi-Lime massively (well, the Iron content at least).

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 12:01:41 PM »
YOU, MY FRIEND, ARE A SICK PUPPY!!

Offline HeartPoundinVeinsCloggin

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Mike, Kevin, why do you hate me?
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 12:02:24 PM »

Ah yes, those Yaz commercials. Did you know that's what women really talk about when they go to trendy rooftop parties? You think you just caught her eye and she's telling her friends you're cute? No, she's really just explaining the side effects and possible drug interactions of the latest, hippest contraceptive to her captivated and supportive friends.

There's another commercial out for something where there's a bunch of people yawning. They all make this kind of groaning, whiny sound as they yawn. No idea what the product is. It makes me want to kill so I turn it off in a flash.
"Trumpy, you can do stupid things!"

"When you major in boggy creek studies, you can pretty much write your own ticket."

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3115
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007, 12:02:41 PM »
AWW YEAH.. DAS RIGHT!!
I envision Kool-Aid Man bursting through the wall with a hot, naked shampooing woman in each arm. Instead of his Captain N-Megaman voice, though, he lets out a smooth Barry White. "Ohhhh YEAH!"

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2007, 12:05:10 PM »
YOU, MY FRIEND, ARE A SICK PUPPY!!

But not as sick as I would be after drinking Kickin' Haemwi-lime ;D

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2007, 12:07:51 PM »
True..True..
My stomach is still 'churning' a little on that one..
I NEED SOME MORE TEQUILA MEDICINE!! QUICK!!

acoletterose

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2007, 01:16:03 PM »
As much as I hate Dane Cook... I think he sums up my feelings about the Koolaid commercial.
[yt=425,350]MWTxyyfdvdA[/yt]

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »
As much as I hate Dane Cook... I think he sums up my feelings about the Koolaid commercial.
[yt=425,350]MWTxyyfdvdA[/yt]
F'N CLASSIC!!! Never saw that before till now!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2007, 01:30:18 PM »

Ah yes, those Yaz commercials. Did you know that's what women really talk about when they go to trendy rooftop parties? You think you just caught her eye and she's telling her friends you're cute? No, she's really just explaining the side effects and possible drug interactions of the latest, hippest contraceptive to her captivated and supportive friends.

I must have seen that 20 times yesterday.   Seemed perfect plausible to me..... I am sure that is how women behave.   It just have to be.

Offline HeartPoundinVeinsCloggin

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Mike, Kevin, why do you hate me?
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007, 01:58:07 PM »
Nope, sorry. That conversation has never happened in real life. Ever.
"Trumpy, you can do stupid things!"

"When you major in boggy creek studies, you can pretty much write your own ticket."

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2007, 02:17:30 PM »
Ok here it is the latest shite "above the influence" ad

[yt=425,350]KFAN3wdlrJg[/yt]

"Don't worry Fido, I ain't smoking weed; once I started making psilocybin mushroom omelets for breakfast I cut that right out"

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2007, 02:22:47 PM »
Oh for goodness sake. ARE THEY EVEN TRYING ANYMORE?!

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »
  I hate commercials about birth control of any sort. Usually they're the sort that makes it look like life is so much better when you're on the pill. You know the type. The woman is running around living it up in some fantasy world with no taxes or screaming kids (naturally, since it's birth control!) and she's with an unbelievable hunk who's romancing her off the floor. Almost like those weird perfume and cologne ads of folks running up and down beaches.

I also hate tampon ads. According to them, we must need the things to be absorbant enough to clean up oil spills in the Gulf if necessary.

AND I hate those Girls Gone Wild ads. I'm sure I'm gender biased on this one, but if I hear that stupid tropical metal drum music one more time.....

I do like really, really bad and low quality local commericals, though. They're so awesome.