login

Author Topic: I have to wonder....  (Read 5344 times)

Offline SuperMappy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 34
    • SuperMappy's Arcade Homepage
I have to wonder....
« on: July 07, 2007, 10:39:27 AM »
..when they are arguing on how to defend themselves from the zombies, why not just go upstairs and then destroy the stair case. Unless the zombies slowly rebuild it or if the bathroom is downstairs.

Something else that strikes me as strange, I've read somewhere that most people agree that the most shocking scene is when the zombies are eating the body parts of the people that were killed when the truck exploded, to me the most shocking part is when the girl stabs her mother to death with the trowel. Guess it depends on your shock level tollerance.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: I have to wonder....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 10:53:17 AM »
..when they are arguing on how to defend themselves from the zombies, why not just go upstairs and then destroy the stair case. Unless the zombies slowly rebuild it or if the bathroom is downstairs.

Huh, never thought of that before.   Thank you for the tip should i ever need it.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 11:20:43 AM »

Something else that strikes me as strange, I've read somewhere that most people agree that the most shocking scene is when the zombies are eating the body parts of the people that were killed when the truck exploded, to me the most shocking part is when the girl stabs her mother to death with the trowel. Guess it depends on your shock level tollerance.
:D :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 11:28:05 AM by RVR II »

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 12:35:04 AM »
kudos Supermappy,
you have just made one of my all time favorite films look rather pointless
... ah well who needs film logic when you've got a film this great, certainly not me

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 05:05:13 AM »
A couple problems with this idea:

1) How would you "destroy" the staircase? Those things are pretty sturdy. Not to mention, if time is a factor, then the problem becomes even more intractable.

2) Food & water?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 05:09:02 AM »
Plus, if you missed something that the Zombies didn't, you'd be trapped like rats.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 06:09:10 AM »
A couple problems with this idea:

1) How would you "destroy" the staircase? Those things are pretty sturdy. Not to mention, if time is a factor, then the problem becomes even more intractable.

2) Food & water?

I guess if you had enough time, you could take out the first ten feet of the staircase, so unless you have Zombie Dr. J, you should be okay.   I helped a friend take out a massive wooden front porch on his house (as we were going to replace it with brick) with recipricating saws.   Man, was THAT fun!    I guess they would have had to do it by hand.

For water, I would hope the upstairs had plumbing.   If not, filling up buckets and taking them upstairs would hold you for awhile.

Of course, this assumes you are all calm and not being attached.

This also assumes you are not nerdy enough like I am to think about the logic in this.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 12:48:09 AM »

Huh, never thought of that before.   Thank you for the tip should i ever need it.
I'm still working on why when Ben found the rifle and the box full of shells he didn't just go "Okay, there's X number of them and this many bullets...." and start shooting them down so they could get at the gas pump.  He could have picked them off easily from the windows upstairs.  One each, in the head.  I mean, it's not like they're bobbing and weaving to avoid it...

I think the movie is just a diatribe against television.  They were relatively okay until they turned that damn TV on.  Then nobody's watching what's going on outside....