Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208447 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
Re: OFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2007, 11:25:41 AM »
not using any plugins to mix the audio?

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2007, 06:43:44 PM »
Here's a question. I some movies (especially matrix and LOTR), the audio goes waaaaay up in places and the riffers are overpowered. Would it help to use the stereo track instead of the 5.1 track wen making the DVD?

You should use the Gold Wave Voice Over Plug in. More info in this thread:
http://www.rifftrax.com/smf/index.php?topic=583.0

Offline Alleged

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
    • The Alleged MST3K Site
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2007, 08:16:21 PM »
It's not free, but Adobe Premiere simply works wonderfully in a. capturing the movie (I have gobs of laserdiscs/DVDs/VHS tapes and already own 75% of Rifftrax movies) and b. overlaying the Rifftrax audio and c. setting the audio to an appropriate level.

DVD-lab (shareware and reasonably priced) works as a DVD Authoring solution since I usually put the normal soundtrack as an option instead of the Rifftrax'ed soundtrack.

Ideally if you want to sustain quality, you shouldn't capture from a DVD. Ripping it is the best method, play with the audio only (mixing), then mux the audio back to the original video and re-author. If the final re-author is bigger then 4.35 GB, then either burn to a dual layer DVD or use DVD shrink to make it fit to a single layer DVD.

It's not about quality, never has been.  In any case one cannot rip a laserdisc or VHS tape, it must be captured in analog.
Alleged
aka Alleged

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2007, 08:32:30 PM »
This thread has been a HUGE help to me. Thanks to everybody who has posted.
Can I suggest it be stickyed?

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2007, 12:06:39 AM »
OK so I've been working on Top Gun ALL NIGHT and I keep getting stuck. I need DVD Shrinkl to make the files small enough to burn onto a disk (got lucky on halloween and Cocktail and it fit) and heres the problem.

DVD shrink cant open the files from the folder after I make them with the the ifoedit program. Anyone have any thoughts on the problem. The ifoedit also turned it into six .99 gig chunks that are DVD movie files.
I feel like I'm so close.
Help, Please?

On an unrelated note I have the sound sounding killer. I used Adobe audition to turn down the loud parts of the movie (there are many) and just turned it back up in the softer parts.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2007, 12:26:23 AM »
Are you 'opening files' and then just selecting the appropriate directory? rather than trying to select individual files.

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2007, 12:40:18 AM »
Are you 'opening files' and then just selecting the appropriate directory? rather than trying to select individual files.

It's like it doesn't see the files at all which has me wondering if i used the ifoedit program correctly. I get this error message

DVD Shrink has encountered a problem and cannot continue
Failed to open "C:TOP_GUN_DISC1VIDEO_TSTop Gun Take 5VIDEO_TS.IFO"
The system cannot find the file specified.

I know therte are movie files in there and ifoedit broke them into .99 Gig chunks
ifoedit also keeps crashing at 99 or 100 percent through the job.

I gotta go to bed now

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2007, 01:01:26 AM »
Well if Ifoedit isn't finishing then I would think that is a good place to start in looking for the error.

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2007, 10:21:10 AM »
I've been looking at this too long.
I used Nero to get a perfect mpeg of the entire movie with commentary out of the 6 pieces that were made with ifo edit. DVD shrink won't open the files from any of those. DVD shrink needs ifo files, right? What do I use to make the correct files from the .mpg file? ifoedit? My brain is reeeling! I made a few successfully with fewer problems, but the movies were shorter.

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »
If ifoedit is messing you up, try rejig instead as an alternative. It will pretty much do the same thing as ifoedit. Maybe then you will be able to get your files open in dvd shrink.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2007, 11:35:18 AM »
If ifoedit is messing you up, try rejig instead as an alternative. It will pretty much do the same thing as ifoedit. Maybe then you will be able to get your files open in dvd shrink.

Doesn't rejig only work if there is no copyright protection on the DVD?
I think you need to rip the entire disc to your hard drive first with something like DVD Decrypter, then use rejig to grab the M2V and AC3 file.

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »
No, rejig is pretty much a surrogate for ifoedit. If you click on its dvd author tab, a very similar menu to ifoedit for inputting the m2v and ac3 files will pop up. Then you just do the same thing you do in ifoedit.

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2007, 06:10:07 PM »
Whew, thank you! That did it. It took an hour and a half to burn in DVD shrink, I must not have it just right but it worked!
Thanks a bunch and somebody sticky this thread.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2007, 07:10:51 PM »
In any case one cannot rip a laserdisc or VHS tape, it must be captured in analog.

Agree'd.

• Cake or Death?
Re: OFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2007, 05:12:34 PM »
For those of you who have not seen it already, I have created a brand new, faster, easier guide called
"RIFFTRAX LITE." I have added it to my original post on page 1, so check it out. You won't be disappointed.  ;)