login

Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208444 times)

Offline King Rygar

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
Hey guys, the movie is Generations. The disc is in perfect shape! Not a blemish to be seen!

I have made sure that File Splitting is set to none, etc, everything set exactly as should be?

I will try a different movie this time, see if that helps..... :grr:

Thanks though!

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
If all else fails, burn your house down.
On timeout

Offline oorat

• Blue Beer Drinker
I've followed the instructions and got a working copy of star trek 7, so I know I did that one right.  But I'm having issues with lotr.  I have the single disc copy of the film. I follow the instructions to the letter. for riff, I used acid music to join the 2 parts of the lotr riff, and then got everything synched up just fine in audacity.  But when  I reach the final step with dvd shrink to burn it,  the dvd is too large to burn on a disc.  It's just barely larger then the dvd-r size.  anyone know of a way of shrinking it down anymore to get it to fit?

• Mr Bungle
dvd shrink, toast, etc.
On timeout

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
I've followed the instructions and got a working copy of star trek 7, so I know I did that one right.  But I'm having issues with lotr.  I have the single disc copy of the film. I follow the instructions to the letter. for riff, I used acid music to join the 2 parts of the lotr riff, and then got everything synched up just fine in audacity.  But when  I reach the final step with dvd shrink to burn it,  the dvd is too large to burn on a disc.  It's just barely larger then the dvd-r size.  anyone know of a way of shrinking it down anymore to get it to fit?

So you tried shrinking it down, and it wouldn't compress enough to fit on a disc? When stuff like that happens, what I do is I go ahead and create the iso file, but I do not burn it with dvd decrypter. Then, you use an imagedrive to mount the iso to make it seem like the dvd's in your drive(It'll probably give you a fake drive e:/ or f:/). I use Nero's image drive for this, which I'm pretty sure you can pick up a free copy of Nero 6 now, just google it.

Anyway, after you mount the iso to an image drive, go back to DVDshrink, and shrink that dvd down to size. That way it will compress even more and fit onto a regular sized dvd, then create the iso file and burn it with dvddecypter. That should work for you.

Offline King Rygar

• Blue Beer Drinker
Ok guys, I got it working! I got a good mix using the BeLight mentioned above, and it worked out great!

BUT, the disc stutters in my PC dvd player. It played fine in the XBox 360! Any ideas?

Offline oorat

• Blue Beer Drinker

So you tried shrinking it down, and it wouldn't compress enough to fit on a disc? When stuff like that happens, what I do is I go ahead and create the iso file, but I do not burn it with dvd decrypter. Then, you use an imagedrive to mount the iso to make it seem like the dvd's in your drive(It'll probably give you a fake drive e:/ or f:/). I use Nero's image drive for this, which I'm pretty sure you can pick up a free copy of Nero 6 now, just google it.

Anyway, after you mount the iso to an image drive, go back to DVDshrink, and shrink that dvd down to size. That way it will compress even more and fit onto a regular sized dvd, then create the iso file and burn it with dvddecypter. That should work for you.

Thank you,  I'm at work right now, once I get home I'll try that.  I use poweriso , but hadn't considered the method you suggest.    But with the file size, dvd shrink took it down to 4.77 gig, just above the max size of my dvd-r's.    But like I said I'll try what you said when I get home and hopefully it works.  Thanks again.

Offline King Rygar

• Blue Beer Drinker
What program would I use to make an mpeg out of the .m2v and .ac3 files I already have polished up for DVD's? I'd like to be able to watch these on my computer as mpeg since the dvd's are stuttering in my pc player for some reason.....

• Mr Bungle
Use ffmpeg to mux the two together as a .mpg file.

I like to keep them as .mpg's on my external harddrive.  They are in a fast format to burn to disc then too.
On timeout

Offline King Rygar

• Blue Beer Drinker
what command line do you use with FFmpeg. I can't make sense of that program.... :speechless:

• Mr Bungle
I'm using the mac version, but I think the windows version is the same:

Click TOOLS

Click the MUX button and enter in the .M2V as the video and the other as your audio.  Also, if you want, you can but the original AC3 from the movie as the second audio track in case you want to watch the movie without the commentary. 

Select the multiplexing options.  I set it to mux as DVD and Author as a DVD_TS, but I think you can just set it to mux as a DVD and uncheck the other boxes if you want it just as a .mpg file.  Otherwise it makes a .mpg and a DVD_TS file.  Either file will play in the VLC Player.

Now hit MUX at the bottom and wait (not very long).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:30:06 PM by bettertomorrowamy »
On timeout

• Cake or Death?
Which ffmpeg are you talking about, cause the one in this guide just does audio. A good mpeg muxer is TMPGEnc. You can download the free version I've hosted here: http://www.uploading.com/en/files/VGNGQIFY/TMPGEnc_2.524.63.181_Free_200707132014.zip.html

• Mr Bungle
On timeout

• Cake or Death?
, but I think the windows version is the same:

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
what command line do you use with FFmpeg. I can't make sense of that program.... :speechless:

Unless you're a command-line wonk, you should probably make sure you also get ffmpegGUI, which makes the whole thing much simpler to use.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien