Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208456 times)

Offline leeving

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Take it from me. I love you!
Rejig  has always crashed on me when I select the VTS_01_0.IFO for the original subtitles color, so they are a nice ugly , thick green that you can't really read.   I still haven't found a nice and easy way to get subs to work, except once and I don't really remember how I did it.

Offline ambitiously stupid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I'm not a nerd. Nerds are smart.
I have been using Super Dragon's guide (non-lite) version with Gammer's goldwave guide with much success.  However, recently after I burn the DVD and play it on my DVD player the disc's freeze up at about the 1 hour mark.  This has happened on two out of the last 3 I have made.   I have tried the discs on several different DVD players with the same result.  Also, the discs are not scratched.  Anyone have an idea of what is going on?
When punks start hasslin' decent people, I make it my buisness!

Listen Murdock, I'm sick and tired of your dead lobster...

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
After it freezes up does it resume playing?  Or stay frozen?
On timeout

• Magneto-cent Member
It kind of sputters for a while then completley freezes.  And I am using the same brand DVD+Rs that I was using before

• Mr Bungle
Does the file play ok before you burn it to disc?  What program are you using to burn the file to a dvd?
On timeout

• Magneto-cent Member
It seems to play fine in DVD shrink preview window.  Of course I don't play it that long in the preview window to see what it does around the 1 hour mark.  The DVD shrink uses DVD decrypter to burn the disc.

• Mr Bungle
I always watch the file itself on my computer to make sure that it was a good mix, then I burn it.

I'm running a Macbook with Parallels so I can use DVD Fab to rip the discs.

I use Audacity for the audio mixing.  You can manually adjust the sound with the Effects in the menu bar.

Then I use ffmpeg for the Muxing.

Then I burn it with toast, so I don't know if I can help you.
I would try watching the file first before you burn it to determine whether it is the burning program or the file itself.
On timeout

• Magneto-cent Member
Thanks for your input.  This really is annoying.  I was half way through predator and point break with a group of friends and both discs crashed.   But I'm sure some where deep inside they were glad the misery had ended.

Offline King Rygar

• Blue Beer Drinker
Dear sirs,

I seem to be having trouble. Dunno why, I've done this before! For some reason, when I "Decrypt using DVD Decrypter", I'm not getting an AC3 file. I get an M2V file, a VOB File, and an IFO file. In decrypter I am using IFO mode, with the Demux box checked. Just like it says in the guide. What am I doing wrong? HELP  :speechless: :scared:

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
do you have an audio stream checked? usually first box under the video stream.

Offline King Rygar

• Blue Beer Drinker
Yes I have the 2ch English and 6ch English selected. Still no dice. I don't get it1  :angry:

• Mr Bungle
Have you restarted your computer recently?

Are you in Europe?

Have you turned your Garth Brooks CD to the appropriate degree?
On timeout

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5008
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
That's the Problem..
TAKE OUT THAT GOT-DANG GARTH BROOKS CD!!!

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
Which movie is it? (not really important but I'm interested)

1: make sure that the m2v file is complete, if it's not then rejig could be giving up ripping partway though because of a problem with the disc.

2: Try cleaning the disc.  If it's got any major scratches that could be your problem, if you can, use rubbing alcohol, or warm water, and a cloth and rub in an outward fashion, hub to edge.  If there's a really obvious scratch you can try using toothpaste to buff the scratch out (no, I'm not insane )

If the m2v file is complete then you could try using the full guide or using DVD decrypter in IFO mode to get the files.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
make sure you also set up  ifo options in dvd decrypter to File splitting:None.  i experienced the same problem when i didnt do that.