login

Author Topic: Harmonix Rock Band!  (Read 18298 times)

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
Re: Harmonix Rock Band!
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2007, 11:54:23 AM »
How does she respond when you're playing GH? Indifference? Interest? Intense mockery?

Indifference for the most part.  She tolerates it.  She has outright told me that she doesn't want a husband who plays a lot of video games...and I don't...before Guitar Hero came out, I hadn't turned on my PS2 in over a year.

I'm curious if there's any guys out there who have a wife/girlfriend cool enough (or maybe nerdy enough) who plays Guitar Hero with them?

And if all else fails, sneak it onto the registry and let a relative buy it.

That's brilliant idea....
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2007, 11:55:06 AM »
Quote from: Compound
And if all else fails, sneak it onto the registry and let a relative buy it.

Nice!... I would love to buy someone Rock Band for their wedding. That would be really funny. Then again, you could try to make the case that it has something to do with working together in life, team work, and providing them both with the tools for a succesful marriage... or some such BS!

Wow, that could almost sound convincing!... Almost!

:D   LOL!~    :D

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2007, 12:19:39 PM »
I'm curious if there's any guys out there who have a wife/girlfriend cool enough (or maybe nerdy enough) who plays Guitar Hero with them?

Mine does.  She's the one who convinced me to get Rock Band before Christmas so we can play it this weekend with all the relatives.

But to clarify, she doesn't really play many other games.  Mainly the party games on the Wii.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 12:21:46 PM by k1posterchild »

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2007, 12:44:14 PM »
Nice!... I would love to buy someone Rock Band for their wedding. That would be really funny.

Rude, if you get me Rock Band, you're TOTALLY invited to the wedding.  Free beer too.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 742
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2007, 12:46:45 PM »

I have tried but she can't get into it. I know I can get her to play Rock Band more because she likes to sing.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline the long undertow

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2007, 12:49:51 PM »
Mine has played a few times with me on co-op.  I don't think there's any appeal for her to play it by herself though.  As long as there's multiplayer, she's up for it.
She likes to watch me play Guitar Hero every so often because I put on a great show.  ;D
And it works out great for me because I don't get dirty looks for playing a video game while she's around.   ;D

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2007, 02:58:38 PM »

My wife sits on the couch and makes fun of me while I play Guitar Hero.  It's sort of like having an anti-groupie.

She likes Karaoke Revolution, though, and she really gets into it once she's playing.  First I have to overcome the coefficient of static gaming friction, though.  It's like pulling teeth to get her to start playing, but once she gets going, she ends up staying up all night belting out standards.

Chicks are weird.

So I went to Best Buy during lunch and I stopped by the demo to play the drums....

Holy shit that's some major fun.

I'm right there with you.  I just got back from Best Buy, where I had my first opportunity to really spend some time with the drums.  (The local urchins were still in school for a change.)  What an absolute blast.

They did seem kind of easy.  I was playing on Expert and getting like 92% percent on most of the demo songs.  And that was with the yellow pad not functioning at all, and me playing with Lefty Flip on to decrease the number of yellow notes.  I assume the pedal adds a whole new dimension of difficulty, but without it, drumming is a bit of a cakewalk.  I still loved it, though.

It's killing me that I can not have this game right now.  I'm not sure when I'd get to play it, though.  Doesn't seem like the family would appreciate me thwappin' away on the pads at 3 AM while they're trying to sleep.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:07:08 PM by Steve-O »

Offline erika_lk

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2007, 04:26:27 PM »

I had to beg the last guy I dated to play any video games with me.  I love them, he hated them.  Go figure.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2007, 06:53:57 AM »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2007, 07:56:31 AM »
Good luck!

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2007, 08:28:15 AM »
Quote from: SmilinJackRoss
...I have to come up with the money for it without using my paycheck.  So, I'll be selling off a few things that I own, almost like a fundraiser or bake sale.

That shouldn't be too hard:

Do you just want me to send you a list of acceptable DVDs, or are you just gonna' ship them all to me at 50cents a piece?  ;)

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2007, 10:04:08 AM »
Rude, you're not too far from the truth there. 

:'(

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2018, 09:48:32 PM »
Yes, reviving the 11 year old thread.

A note from Harmonix:
We have an important Rock Band Network update to share. Unfortunately, ALL RBN songs on ALL legacy consoles (Xbox 360, PlayStation®3, and Nintendo Wii) will no longer be available for purchase from the Rock Band Music Store beginning later this month. As with other delisted content, owners on every platform can continue to play previously purchased and downloaded RBN songs as desired. However, due to technical reasons, Xbox 360 owners will not be able to redownload these songs if they are somehow removed from your storage device. We apologize for this inconvenience, but do note that the Xbox 360 supports flash drives and external hard drives if you would like to back up your content. PlayStation®3 owners will continue to have the ability to redownload as needed. These songs were never available for purchase or playable in Rock Band 4. All songs available on Rock Band 4 are not affected, regardless of source.

So, got a 360? Download all your songs to a back up if you ever want to play them again.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2018, 06:19:15 PM »
Yeah it's a shame they couldn't revive RBN for Xbox One.