login

Author Topic: TV Quitters?  (Read 7726 times)

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
Re: TV Quitters?
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007, 09:12:31 AM »
I don't watch shows like American Idol. That said, shows I do watch, like Letterman, Late Late Show, The Soup, and Best Week Ever talk about it so I kinda know a little bit about what's going on anyway. I never watched Survivor, but Letterman always had the cast on whenever they got kicked off.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2007, 12:29:15 PM »
If you genuinely enjoy watching the show, that's fine. (I might question your sanity, but hey, whatever floats your boat.) But if you're watching it just so you can discuss it with all the other sheep who are only watching it to discuss it with you, then that's just sad.

A lot of people who watch American Idol do genuinely like it, they just don't like to admit that they like it.  Personally, I can't get enough of it and have never had a problem admitting as such.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »
as far as im concerned thats the only reality tv show that has ANY worth in it what so ever. 

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2007, 03:43:46 PM »
meh, I love Blind Date and America's Funniest Home Videos.

Plus, I love watching reality tv with friends or on a date, its easy to engage the screen (ie; make fun of) or simply just ignore the screen all together.

Offline fishbulb

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
    • A Space in the Crowd
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2007, 08:42:02 PM »
I don't watch anything directly on broadcast or cable anymore.  I have an iTunes season pass for 30 Rock - that's the only current show I follow.  Between my old MSTs and other TV shows on DVD, I've got enough video to last indefinitely, watching them every year or two.
The revolution will not be riffed!!