Author Topic: Sopranos Finale  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Hazzah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • D'oh
Sopranos Finale
« on: June 06, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »
So, what are your predictions for the Sopranos finale this Sunday (June 10)??

My prediction:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hi-Keeba!

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Re: Sopranos Finale
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 11:56:38 PM »
I liked it.  A lot of people were disappointed, and I can understand that.  Although I read a comment on another board shortly after that kind of explained it well enough, so I'll go along with it as it make very good sense.
I thought the implication was clear. Tony IS DEAD and WAS CLIPPED by someone. We the audience have always seen the episodes from Tony's point of view, and the blackened silence is what Tony sees and hears when he finally gets clipped. Remember the conversation with Bobby at the lake? "I wonder if you hear the one that gets you" - the final episode answers that question. That is why they flashed back to it at the end of last weeks episode. He never heard the one that killed him.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 05:36:26 AM »
I didn't like it.  It felt like there was absolutely no closure whatsoever.  To me, it was like reading a book, and having the book introduce a whole bunch of plot points for the last 20 pages, and then ending before wrapping any of them up.  I'm all for a character's stories continuing after the show ends, but to leave so much stuff up in the air felt like a massive cheat.     

jasimon1

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 09:40:57 AM »
I didn't feel like anything was up in the air. Pauly assumed the spot as number 2 since everyone else is gone and Tony realized he could be trusted. Tony made his peace with Junior (I absolutely loved that scene!). AJ is happy again because he has a girlfriend, Meadow is getting married and once Carmela heard her starting pay, she's happy for her. Carlo turned states evidence and was going to bring everyone down that he could. I do agree that Tony got wacked. I think it made it much more powerful the way they did it.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 09:54:22 AM »
friend told me at another board a thread was made titled something like "Poll:  Better ending-Sopranos or Vietnam?"

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 09:57:29 AM »
I'm not an avid watcher of The Sopranos but the poll on MSN prooves a resounding unhappiness.....
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

jasimon1

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 09:58:03 AM »
I hope that when they come out with the extremely overpriced box set of this season, that they will include the alternate endings they shot.

Offline Mr. 420

• Schnappi Supporter
  • And thats when Lincoln said "Don't diss my homies"
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 10:15:32 AM »
The final episode reminded me of something I read on the Bruce Campbell webpage...."The hero never wins and the villian never dies....they are merely adhering to the fine print in their contracts....Article 4, Section 3: Your chararcter may never, under any circumstance, finally, fully, or completely die"..i figured that they didn't whack Tony because they still could make some money off the program
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »
I'm not sure why everyone wanted this show to spoon feed them tighty little endings and summations for the characters.    The beauty of the ending to me is that you can figure out in your own mind what happened and you get to pick the ending you like.

Kind of like how "Angel" ended with the phrase "let's go to work" as they got ready to fight the huge army laid out against them.

Maybe in the box set they will have "Animal House" like paragraphs over each character's picture so everyone is happy   :-",

Offline Hazzah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • D'oh
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 05:51:27 PM »
I personally loved the ending.  It fully left the viewer to end it whatever way they wanted to.  Plus, who knew "Don't Stop Believing" could be such a tense song? LMAO

Hi-Keeba!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 07:43:58 PM »
Kind of like how "Angel" ended with the phrase "let's go to work" as they got ready to fight the huge army laid out against them.

Judging by your avatar you'd be a good person to ask: What did you think of that ending?

My immediate reaction wasn't super happiness but within about half an hour of thinking about it I think it's a pretty good one and the ending for the Sopranos seems pretty good too.

A little ambiguity never hurt anyone.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 07:53:35 PM »

Judging by your avatar you'd be a good person to ask: What did you think of that ending?

A little ambiguity never hurt anyone.

I really do not know any other way they could have ended it without some  "this is what happened to so and so and that is the end of the timeline, goodnight all".    That may work for shows like MASH when it was everyone's goal to get home, but for something like Angel or Buffy, those kind of endings would not work for me.   I would like to think that they have further adventure, just that they wont be televised.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 07:57:37 PM »
Have you looked at the series eight comic book of Buffy?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 07:58:48 PM »
Have you looked at the series eight comic book of Buffy?

A friend of mine loaned that to me, but I am not sure that I just want it to end as it is in my head or not......

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 08:01:35 PM »
I'm going to give it a few more stories.

So what's next from David Chase?