Author Topic: This movie is just like manos  (Read 5459 times)

Principal_Skin-trade

This movie is just like manos
« on: June 01, 2007, 08:50:53 PM »
Think about it, guy comes to a place with a bunch of weird people to find his child, then it turns out the pagans have waited all along just for him to "take care of the place", and it contained androgynous pagans burning people. It's dull, it's pointless and boring, and it's actually just about as if not more laughable than manos... that is of course not to say it is a worse movie than manos.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2457
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: This movie is just like manos
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:05:32 PM »
I've noticed the same thing. Both this movie and Manos have this effect on you. They don't let you go after you're done watching them. Questions about stupid things that happened in the movie plagued you, leaving you with just one burning question!

HOW'D IT GET MADE!? HOW'D IT GET MADE!?

Offline Just Some Guy

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
Re: This movie is just like mangos
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 06:58:58 PM »
You know, I read this thread title as "This movie is just like mangos".  Personally I think it's more like papayas...

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Re: This movie is just like mangos
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 09:19:59 PM »
You know, I read this thread title as "This movie is just like mangos".  Personally I think it's more like papayas...

It's more like ackee.  It's all prickly and nasty until it's been roasted to the consistency of scrambled eggs, at which point it's tolerable, at least if you like that sort of thing.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 06:42:36 AM »
No, it's more like durian. Cut this baby open, and it totally stinks up the joint (also, certain Asian airlines won't allow passengers to carry copies of Wicker Man onboard).
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Principal_Skin-trade

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 11:05:58 AM »
I was just in Best Buy the other day and saw they made this movie on HD-DVD.. WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE ON HD-DVD?! That's just retarded beyond words.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 11:10:51 AM »
I totally see your point. It's the endings especially that grate me.

Offline Moyer78

• Schnappi Supporter
    • MoyerVision
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 05:25:54 AM »
I totally agree with this thread. Even before I saw this posting I thought "The Wicker Man" had a "Manos the Hands of Fate" vibe to it. It's long, dull, depressing, monotonous, and leaves you with a vague feeling that you've died a little inside for having watched it.

Offline PsypherPunk

• Big Montana
    • PsypherPunk
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 08:20:36 AM »
I was just in Best Buy the other day and saw they made this movie on HD-DVD.. WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE ON HD-DVD?! That's just retarded beyond words.

Who wouldn't want to see Nicholas Cage going, "Ahh. Ahh. Not the bees. No. Ahh." in HIGH DEFINITION?

But yeah, it's just like Manos in that they're both awful, awful films but I can't stop watching them! Over and over! So bad...

Offline Taufiq2u

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 10:00:25 PM »
No, it's more like durian. Cut this baby open, and it totally stinks up the joint (also, certain Asian airlines won't allow passengers to carry copies of Wicker Man onboard).

Hey, you're disrespecting the national food of Malaysia! But hey, durian does stink after all, so is this garbage.

Offline euphoriafish

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 6
  • Punk rock fer sure.
    • Euphoriafish on Twitter
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »

Actually, I would.  Sorry to ressurect a dead thread, but I think it would be worth watching this on HD-DVD as long as you also played the RiffTrax along with it.  If you look past the hideous lack of plot and Nicolas Cage, there is a beautiful setting of Washington island rainforest that he's tramping through in a bear suit.  The movie is stupid and boring, but I bet with a primo entertainment setup you could really enjoy the scenery!

Or, I guess you could count the zits on Sister Bee-atch's face.  That might be a fun guessing game!
Jokes, social causes, and occasional current events punditry: twitter.com/euphoriafish. 

If I had to do my teens all over again, I still would have had no drivers license and still would have memorized bad movies.  Every Turkey Day was well spent as is.