Author Topic: FAN RIFFING  (Read 20420 times)

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
Re: FAN RIFFING
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2008, 09:28:04 PM »
It's much easier to insult a New Zealander....  Just call them Australian.  :)

And if that doesn't work, I find "goat-fucker" to be quite effective.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2008, 05:42:38 AM »
sheep.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »
So Asbestos Bill suggested I include all the technical guides (like SASD's guide to making reauthored DVDs) in the index.

Opinions?

Janitor

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2008, 06:57:40 PM »
So Asbestos Bill suggested I include all the technical guides (like SASD's guide to making reauthored DVDs) in the index.

Opinions?

In my opinion, bananas are delicious.

More importantly, I think that's a fabulous idea. A one stop shop. Not that they're hard to find, but you could throw in a few other noteworthy forum way points such as Gammers Forum Photo Album. Now, for a banana.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2008, 09:36:35 PM »

Opinions?

More importantly, I think that's a fabulous idea. A one stop shop. Not that they're hard to find, but you could throw in a few other noteworthy forum way points such as Gammers Forum Photo Album. Now, for a banana.

I disagree, that has nothing to do with fan riffing.  There's a whole tech section that everyone knows where to look.

The main forum page is an index for finding those things. 

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2008, 09:49:05 PM »
I'll agree with Raven for the most part.  Re-authoring guides and so forth aren't needed, but if theres a guide to something specific to fan-riffing it might be good to include, like Asbestos Bill's guide to using SubStaionAlpha.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Janitor

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2008, 07:00:51 AM »

Opinions?

I disagree, that has nothing to do with fan riffing.  There's a whole tech section that everyone knows where to look.

The main forum page is an index for finding those things. 

I still say its a good idea because new people may not know where to look, stumble upon the Fan riff page and find the guides. I mean, it really breaks down to being or not being an inconvenience for Tripe.

Unless it just bugs you that much that it would be there.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2008, 07:05:14 AM »
OK I like the idea of collation points (my index, gammer's "yearbook") but one possible problem I see is I'm not sure how many there are and how to really categorise them.

The index is easy enough because I list things by producer, but I'm not sure if I can do something all that useful with the technical guides   :-\

Janitor

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2008, 10:49:06 AM »
OK I like the idea of collation points (my index, gammer's "yearbook") but one possible problem I see is I'm not sure how many there are and how to really categorise them.

The index is easy enough because I list things by producer, but I'm not sure if I can do something all that useful with the technical guides   :-\

Well, I don't mean to be combative, the final decision is of course up to you. It's only a tripealing matter.

Ba boom.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2008, 06:29:42 AM »
So I updated the index.

I think I've described everything correctly. However if I've not or I'm missing any riffs please let me know via a PM :)

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
Out of curiosity (as I've thinking about getting into the fan riffing fun myself), how do people generally go about writing the riffs.

Do you watch the movie in parts and and write the riffs or keep watching the entire film over and over again and writing as you go (or some third option)?
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »
I did riffs for The Fugitive and I watched it through once writing as I went then I broke it into half hour segments or thereabouts.

But I'm not sure there's really a hard an fast method for doing it.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 04:48:56 PM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »
I tend to watch it once just to keep the whole story fresh in my mind, then I do a little research on it (make sure I know the actors and director and other movie references I could make, IMDB is a godsend at times.)  Then I'll watch it in 5 to 10 minute increments, starting and stopping for writting, with second and third passes as necessary to fill gaps.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2008, 06:18:04 AM »
OK so while i agreed with the points about the re-authoring guides and the like initially, over time I think i can see why we might need a section of the index specific to fan riff creation.

Right now there's just a link to the Riff Raff Theatre submission template but I'll do a search for more (not re-authoring per se but tech guides specific to creating the riffs)  :)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2008, 06:30:27 AM »
As I mentioned above, this one would probably make a good addition for that.

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,6834.0/topicseen.html

gum.co/RFTrocky