login

Author Topic: Can't see the Add to Cart buttons?  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
Can't see the Add to Cart buttons?
« on: September 25, 2006, 01:35:54 PM »
EDIT:  This thread was regarding the old version of the RiffTrax.com site.  This problem should not exist anymore.

If you're unable to see the "Add to cart" buttons on the NTSC/PAL pop up page, this can be caused by internet security programs.  We've had experience with users of the security program Zone Alarm Pro being unable to see the add to cart buttons, we suggest you try purchasing the RiffTrax again with this program disabled.

Also, the Firefox extension NoScript has been known to render the Add to Cart buttons invisible, so try turning it off before you purchase the RiffTrax. 

If you can see the Add to Cart buttons fine, no need to worry.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 07:27:43 AM by Conor »

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
Re: Can't see the Add to Cart buttons?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 09:24:57 AM »
A customer has alerted us to this alt. method of fixing this problem:

For future reference, you may want to let your users know that they can work around
this problem without disabling ZoneAlarm, but instead just changing the specific cookie
controls for the Rifftrax website under "Site List" of the "Privacy" controls section from
"block" (the default), to "allow".

Offline duanerobertson

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 01:52:09 PM »
Actually, this problem still does exist on Debian (linux) Stable (Stretch) with Firefox ESR 52.8. After a half hour of troubleshooting, I still can't get your site to work without completely disabling noscript -- not a good sign from a developer's perspective.

I realize that's not a huge market, but you've got to be over-complicating the system if basic security disables it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3142
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 01:59:16 PM »
Actually, this problem still does exist on Debian (linux) Stable (Stretch) with Firefox ESR 52.8. After a half hour of troubleshooting, I still can't get your site to work without completely disabling noscript -- not a good sign from a developer's perspective.

I realize that's not a huge market, but you've got to be over-complicating the system if basic security disables it.
Contact support@rifftrax.com