Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3730
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Pets
« Reply #390 on: April 15, 2012, 10:19:39 AM »
She needs to talk to a lawyer.
The Humane Society maybe could do something and could bring up animal cruelty charges..

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #391 on: April 15, 2012, 10:45:03 AM »
Unfortunately it was too little, too late. We just heard that he died during the blood transfusion.

RIP Augustus 2010-2012

Oh my god that's awful. :( I'm so sorry.

That is terrible.....sorry.

I know I'd be angry with neighbors

jasimon1

« Reply #392 on: April 15, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
The Humane Society maybe could do something and could bring up animal cruelty charges..

It's really not the neighbor's fault. He must have really wanted it because they had it a good 6 inches from the fence on their side. Gus had already had one huge surgery from eating the entire underside of a couch, staples and all. If my sister and her bf had had any indication of them putting the poison out, they wouldn't have let him near the fence. He was just that type of dog. The only thing we knew of that he wouldn't eat was cigarettes. Those he would just carry hanging out of his mouth :)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #393 on: April 15, 2012, 11:17:47 AM »

It's really not the neighbor's fault. He must have really wanted it because they had it a good 6 inches from the fence on their side. Gus had already had one huge surgery from eating the entire underside of a couch, staples and all. If my sister and her bf had had any indication of them putting the poison out, they wouldn't have let him near the fence. He was just that type of dog. The only thing we knew of that he wouldn't eat was cigarettes. Those he would just carry hanging out of his mouth :)

I'm glad the neighbor really was not to blame....still a sad situation, but it won't grow into something worse.

Coragale

« Reply #394 on: April 15, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
My dog's got an upset stomach, I think. He's been eating grass when I take him out. Last year when I was still in Kansas, he had scabs all over his nose from digging for gophers.  >:(

Anyways, the second picture is a little old, but I loves it. I wrapped him up, and he fell asleep. simple as that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2562
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #395 on: April 15, 2012, 07:36:15 PM »
He's back..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He must have been someone's pet, a wild one would never come toward you like that.

It's really not the neighbor's fault. He must have really wanted it because they had it a good 6 inches from the fence on their side.

I'd still call the cops on the neighbors.

It's really stupid (and probably against the law) to put rat poison around like that, so it is their fault.  I suppose it never rains on their land?  Or is it some magical poison that can't be washed away?

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #396 on: April 15, 2012, 07:41:11 PM »
It's really not the neighbor's fault. He must have really wanted it because they had it a good 6 inches from the fence on their side.

I'd still call the cops on the neighbors.

It's really stupid (and probably against the law) to put rat poison around like that, so it is their fault.  I suppose it never rains on their land?  Or is it some magical poison that can't be washed away?

This is exactly what I thought. I can't say whether or not that's an illegal act, but seriously, who scatters rat poison around their property? There are twelve kinds of laws about disposing of paint, motor oil and batteries, how is it possible that rat poison wouldn't fall under that sort of law?
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #397 on: April 15, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »
Yeah not sure of the criminal legality or of cruelty but it sure as hell is negligent.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #398 on: April 15, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
Yeah not sure of the criminal legality or of cruelty but it sure as hell is negligent.

It is illegal in most states.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #399 on: April 15, 2012, 07:58:05 PM »
Then a lawyer should definitely be consulted, at the very least.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2012, 08:01:04 PM »
Then a lawyer should definitely be consulted, at the very least.

Would be smart to stop any future problems.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2012, 09:10:25 PM »
I agree. Think of the other animals in the neighborhood.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4531
« Reply #402 on: April 15, 2012, 09:23:52 PM »

Bob's right, anything toxic that can find its way into ground water I believe is illegal to dispose of even in regular garbage.  That's been made clear in notices on curbside garbage and recycling here, where they have 'hazardous waste' days where toxic materials can be taken to a particular drop-off point.  (I heard years ago that in some places it is illegal to even wash your car in your driveway because of the danger of soap/grime runoff entering the ground water.)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3730
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2012, 10:26:21 PM »

Bob's right, anything toxic that can find its way into ground water I believe is illegal to dispose of even in regular garbage.  That's been made clear in notices on curbside garbage and recycling here, where they have 'hazardous waste' days where toxic materials can be taken to a particular drop-off point.  (I heard years ago that in some places it is illegal to even wash your car in your driveway because of the danger of soap/grime runoff entering the ground water.)
It is. People wash cars or who pressure wash driveways are supposed to 'collect' the runoff waste water to keep it from going into storm drains though I don't see or hear about this being enforced very often.. :-\

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #404 on: April 16, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »
Also, six inches from the fence (which I assume is either near or on the property line) is no defense. It's not like he sprinkled it around on his patio and the dog was barging into his house. That is way too close to the property line to be pulling that sort of shit.

Turn the bastard in.
Bonhead #2
fs!!