Author Topic: Pets  (Read 113726 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Pets
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2010, 04:35:08 AM »
There are a few breeds that people do that with, I forget the name of the Spanish horses that they also do that to. 
Lipizzaners

They're more Austrian these days but they originated in Spain. EDIT: Hmm maybe they always were Austrian, they started out as a mix of Spanish and Moorish horses but then the Hapsburgs really developed the breed and they were all Austrian so I don't know. They're mostly associated with the Spanish Riding school in Vienna though.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:39:32 AM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #286 on: November 18, 2010, 07:17:35 AM »
There are a few breeds that people do that with, I forget the name of the Spanish horses that they also do that to. 
Lipizzaners

They're more Austrian these days but they originated in Spain. EDIT: Hmm maybe they always were Austrian, they started out as a mix of Spanish and Moorish horses but then the Hapsburgs really developed the breed and they were all Austrian so I don't know. They're mostly associated with the Spanish Riding school in Vienna though.

Whoa, just had a "Crimson Tide" flashback.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #287 on: November 18, 2010, 09:04:33 AM »
Right, but the breed was mostly developed in Austria.

That goes for horses as well. ;)

I mean technically the Hapsburgs were Swiss but that's going waaaaaay back.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »
I called my mother on the phone the other day, and she was annoyed because one of her neighbors that she doesn't really know was over at her house at 9pm looking for her lost cat.  But the reason she was looking at my parents house was because apparently a pet psychic talked to the cat, and the cat told the psychic that she was trapped in a sort of bin with plastic in a dark shed that was a sort of beige color that had a wire running out of the shed.  It was also three houses away and there was a man who was slightly overweight and wore a had with a stiff brim.

So our other garage kinda fit the description.  The cat was not found.  There are only three reasons I feel why a pet psychic would do this.  1 being that she actually believes the bullshit she says.  2 would be that she would want to help comfort people.  And 3 would be money.

If the reason is 2, then I think she's wrong and is just making the problem worse.  She's giving the woman false hope of finding her cat, instead of letting her accept that fact that she's gone.  And by being super specific... I duno.  On one hand I found it hilarious.  But on the other hand it just made me mad that there are people who prey off other people's trauma to make a buck.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6579
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2010, 07:26:14 PM »
If pet psychics really could read the mind of an owner's animal (and were honest about it), the readings would all go like this; "Your pet feels deep shame to be owned by a person who would go to a pet psychic."

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2010, 01:55:08 PM »
If pet psychics really could read the mind of an owner's animal (and were honest about it), the readings would all go like this; "Your pet feels deep shame to be owned by a person who would go to a pet psychic."

Or very likely, it would go like this:

"What kind of like is this?  In this 'cave' with these animals on two legs....nice animals who like to stroke me in a way that feels good but still...I should be out there in the wild with my own kind!  Running! Stalking!  Bringing down food with my own teeth, feeling the prey struggle against the unforgiving strength of my jaws and.....

CAN OPENER!!!!"

:)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6579
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2010, 02:42:19 PM »
"What kind of like is this?  In this 'cave' with these animals on two legs....nice animals who like to stroke me in a way that feels good but still...I should be out there in the wild with my own kind!  Running! Stalking!  Bringing down food with my own teeth, feeling the prey struggle against the unforgiving strength of my jaws and.....

CAN OPENER!!!!"

:)
:clap: :clap:

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #292 on: November 23, 2010, 07:57:23 AM »
My family just rescued a 10 year old Yorkie named Roxie.  She was a puppy mill dog from Missouri, and spent most of her life making more puppies for the mill.  Because of her age, she was almost half as much as the other Yorkies the rescue shelter had, but she's got just about as much energy as the Pugs do, so she's fitting in just fine.

I still have no idea why Willie's sticking his tongue out at her, but... hey.  Dogs.

spaceforarent

« Reply #293 on: June 16, 2011, 04:22:12 PM »

We recently got two kittens. This is mine. Now if only she would do this at the same time as me.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #294 on: June 16, 2011, 05:29:16 PM »

We recently got two kittens. This is mine. Now if only she would do this at the same time as me.

Whoa! Easy on the photo resolution there, Space. You're testing the limits of my video card!

Am I looking at a kitten or a mitten? Is this meant to fit on a stamp? It's sub-wallet size.  ;)
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

spaceforarent

« Reply #295 on: June 16, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »
Hah, this is the only good picture so far, taken on my brother's phone. I can't seem to find my camera right now. Too bad too, I'd like to get a picture of both of them soon.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #296 on: June 16, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
So is she smoke grey? There's a bluish tint to the pic so I'm not sure. :)

Boo also has sleep patterns that aren't exactly in sync with ours, though when she was a puppy they were. Hopefully your experience is the reverse of ours :)

Offline CrowTeeRobot

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 19
  • GOOD OLD STALIN DAYS
« Reply #297 on: June 16, 2011, 09:22:02 PM »
Awwww, wook at da widdle kitty!
-Luke

"Most people skip spraying themselves in adhesive and rolling around in crepe hair, but I want to do it right." -Rob, regarding a Zardoz costume

spaceforarent

« Reply #298 on: June 16, 2011, 09:59:58 PM »
So is she smoke grey? There's a bluish tint to the pic so I'm not sure. :)

Boo also has sleep patterns that aren't exactly in sync with ours, though when she was a puppy they were. Hopefully your experience is the reverse of ours :)
She is, just a terrible quality photo.
The sleep thing won't be an issue once the other cat we have accepts the new kittens.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5004
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Pet Thread
« Reply #299 on: July 16, 2011, 10:37:10 AM »
Mama Chika

Welp, now she's gone.. Found her body on my vacant lot this morning ..
She must've passed away sometime yesterday.. Just finished burying her.. She was 11 or 12 :'( :'(