login

Author Topic: stupid song  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
stupid song
« on: May 24, 2007, 04:14:10 PM »
Why is it the worst songs get stuck in your head.  I was walking around today enjoying the beautiful weather when this gril drives by in her Jetta blasting the theme song from the Never Ending Story.  Now I have that annoying song stuck in my head, and its been like 3 hours.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Principal_Skin-trade

Re: stupid song
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:15:46 PM »
I think people get bad songs stuck in their head for one reason... It's so horrible to listen to that you gotta laugh at it over and over so your mind retains it as a defense mechanism against stress or whatever. Or it could be because it was so vividly horrible that it just leaves a semi-permanent imprint on your brain... just like that Destiny's Child song "Lose my breath" or any song by Beck, 50 cent, Britney spears, Hilary Duff, Eminem or Marilyn Manson.

Offline Quicksilver

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Give me your pudding!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 08:41:38 PM »
do you guys wake up in the morning with crappy songs in your head? That really sucks.
The Ood: The Beast and his armies will rise from the pit to make war against God.
Rose: I'm sorry?
The Ood: Apologies. I said: I hope you enjoy your meal.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 12:15:39 AM »
Or it could be because it was so vividly horrible that it just leaves a semi-permanent imprint on your brain... just like that Destiny's Child song "Lose my breath" or any song by Beck, 50 cent, Britney spears, Hilary Duff, Eminem or Marilyn Manson.

I understand that a lot of people don't like Beck, but he'd have to tear the off heads of kittens to deserve being lumped in with rest of the "artists" you menioned.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 05:22:48 AM »
Songs that you'll never get out of your head:
Yellow Submarine
Brand New Key ("Well, I'VE bot a brand new pair of roller skates, and...")
Fergelicious (She's both catchy and horredously annoying.)

Offline Don W

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 08:24:45 AM »
Why is it the worst songs get stuck in your head.  I was walking around today enjoying the beautiful weather when this gril drives by in her Jetta blasting the theme song from the Never Ending Story.  Now I have that annoying song stuck in my head, and its been like 3 hours.

Well thanks to you I now have the theme from the Never Ending Story stuck in my head. But I only remember the part in the chorus where they keep saying "never ending story" so I've got that on a loop right now.

Good thing I've got the iPod going right now to try and drown it out.

Besides that, whenever I hear that stupid song "Get The Party Started" by Pink, it gets stuck in my head for hours.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 11:05:33 AM »
You can get ANY song that is stuck in your head unstuck by humming an even more reprehensible tune.  For example, say you've got a song stuck in your head.  It's rattling around, driving you bonkers.  Now, hum a few bars of "Only Wanna Be With You" by Hootie and the Blowfish.  I bet you don't even remember your original song anymore.  Of course, now you have Hootie and the Blowfish stuck in your head, and the whole day long it will play in there, affecting your every thought.  Say, later on that day, you're about to eat some pudding.  You'll start humming the song, singing "Only wanna be with pudding," and everyone will look at you like you're crazy.  And, it really won't be worth the effort to explain why you're not crazy.  It's also less embarassing that way.  But you WILL have gotten that original song out of your noggin. 

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 12:08:55 PM »

Well thanks to you I now have the theme from the Never Ending Story stuck in my head. But I only remember the part in the chorus where they keep saying "never ending story" so I've got that on a loop right now.

Good thing I've got the iPod going right now to try and drown it out.

Besides that, whenever I hear that stupid song "Get The Party Started" by Pink, it gets stuck in my head for hours.

Your welcome Don, I do what I can.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Principal_Skin-trade

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 02:49:45 PM »
I understand that a lot of people don't like Beck, but he'd have to tear the off heads of kittens to deserve being lumped in with rest of the "artists" you menioned.
Now that's an image I really didn't need. Think about this though Sharktopus... he's a scientologist which means he is lumped in with the same people who worship L Ron Hubbard, the man responsible for BATTLEFIELD EARTH! Is that bad enough for you?   :)

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 03:32:32 PM »
   I read this thread and now, running through my head, is "S-A-N-T-A C-L-A-U-S... Hooray for Santy Claus!"   I don't know why, but thanks for nothing.

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 06:03:38 PM »
Try having the tail-end of "Hired!  Original Broadcast Recording" from the MST3K episode with "Bride of the Monster" stuck in your head during a Physics test.  Namely, the part that sings, "I'm gonna be a failure just like you, dad!  That's right, I'll be a failure just like you!"

It kind of sucks.  I failed that test, too.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 11:21:24 PM »
Now that's an image I really didn't need. Think about this though Sharktopus... he's a scientologist which means he is lumped in with the same people who worship L Ron Hubbard, the man responsible for BATTLEFIELD EARTH! Is that bad enough for you?   :)

Well, I try not to judge people based on their political beliefs, no matter how batshit crazy those beliefs may be.

Principal_Skin-trade

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 12:05:52 AM »
Well, I try not to judge people based on their political beliefs, no matter how batshit crazy those beliefs may be.
Fair enough.  :)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 02:06:34 PM »

I just realized I typed political, rather than religious beliefs. Political beliefs are a completely different story, especially if they influence the music.

ANYWAY... I'd be happy never to hear The Beach Boys' "Kokomo" ever again. Dammit, now it's in my head. :grr:

Principal_Skin-trade

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 04:10:15 PM »
ANYWAY... I'd be happy never to hear The Beach Boys' "Kokomo" ever again. Dammit, now it's in my head. :grr:
There there... just repeat to yourself "Domo Arigato, Mister Roboto"