login

Author Topic: Bawdiness Rating  (Read 13086 times)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: Bawdiness Rating
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 11:56:17 AM »
Even if the whole film was a man sitting in a chair insulting you while playing with himself...

You just described Eyes Wide Shut.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1518
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 12:08:18 PM »
Man there's a lot of Eyes Wide Shut hate in these forums.  I'll be the first to say that I liked that film.  I like how it was shot, the mood it set, and the horribly real characters that it depicts.  To me it said something frightening, that everything stays the same. 

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »
uh i hope i dont know anyone your do.  Cause i would hate to have to call anyone in that thing as "real".  kubricks corpse can go get a step ladder and then jump up my butt.  I cant stand kubrick.  The only thing i ever fully enjoyed that he was a part of strangeglove.  and even that i would buy unless it was 5 bucks at the commissary

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2006, 11:30:13 PM »
     Strangeglove?? Is that the Michael Jackson movie??
    I have to disagree with you on Kubrick.  Only problem with his career was his work habits, since I wish he'd made many more films.  Especially wish that he had made A.I. instead of Spielberg.
    Try Paths of Glory some time. Or Lolita. Or Barry Lyndon.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 05:24:38 AM »
I cant stand kubrick.

Really? ::)

Kubrick was a genius.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 08:53:50 AM »
WAS a genius. Until he went batshit while making 2001. Kinda like Coppola during Apocalypse Now, or to a lesser extent, Lucas during Howard The Duck.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 10:30:50 AM »
Kubrick continued to make great films until the end of his life/career. Coppola didn't hit a real low until "Dracula," and it pretty much went downhill from there. I never liked George Lucas' movies. Lucas was never a genius.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 10:32:44 AM »
lucas is a MONEY making genius. 

I still cant think of a "great" kubrick film, but hey its all opinion. 

Offline Calvin Hobbes

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 02:34:46 PM »
lucas is a MONEY making genius. 

I still cant think of a "great" kubrick film, but hey its all opinion. 

I'd say "A Clockwork Orange", "Full Metal Jacket" and "The Shining" were all pretty great films...

• Compsognathus
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 03:34:59 PM »
like i said opinion.

let me tell you a weird senario. 

im in the military (no thats not it let me finish)  well in training there is very little we can do for fun.  but they do have little community centers for everyone.  one of the things to do was watch movies at this place.  well one of the movies people thought was fun was full metal jacket.  Someone would put it in and it slowly a crowd would build up around the tv.  that is a crowd would build up right until the TI, mr. emery, was shot.  as soon as he died no one cared about the rest of the movie. 

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 03:47:42 PM »
I have always watched FMJ as if it were two movies. I have watched the boot camp portion more than the rest. I am not a Kubrick nut or aything. I like Clockwork Orange though.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 03:59:10 PM »
All i know is this movie was so obscene. How dare that hugh jackman (aka Vovorine) show his man nipples to impressible young minds and in one of those dirty comic book movies to. How dare he. HOW DARE HE. and How dare Mr Micheal J Nelson make fun of this dirty movie with his filthy, filthy comments. Im going to call mister Fredric Wortham and call for a boycott on anything made by mr Huge Jackman. Sorry i mean Hugh Jackman and Mr Nelson and his friends Mr Corbettnite & Mr Hershey Kisses. This movie is so dirty and it even has X in its name. A Dirty Dirty movie.

P.s. im just joking and if you didnt know fredric wortham was the one who tryed to banned comics in the 50's.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 05:05:15 PM by Road_Element »

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 02:42:42 PM »
P.s. im just joking and if you didnt know friedrich wortham was the one who tryed to banned comics in the 50's.

No, that was Fredric Wertham. ;D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 07:02:35 AM by Isaac »

Offline optimus357

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 06:04:44 PM »
I am just glad that Wolvie found a pair of indestructible pants for X3 with that scene where he is approaching the out of control Phoenix in Jean Grey.  If you are offended by them nipples just wait til you see his 7th retractable claw.  Snikt.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5115
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 09:21:51 PM »
I actually saw Eyes Wide Shut for the first time on Saturday and I have to say it was a good movie.  It was well made, it had an intriguing story.  But it was missing something.  I'm not sure what.  It's really a journey movie travelling (at first) into a surreal dreamlike night and then into the harsh light of day.  I like the fact that there's a lot of unrevealed stuff.  But I guess my problem is after the Night section of the movie is done, the day elements, though still good are anti-climactic.  Also, I really don't care for Tom Cruise or Nicole Kidman.