Author Topic: Now Available - Charade with Mike and Bridget Nelson  (Read 509 times)

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Now Available - Charade with Mike and Bridget Nelson
« on: September 26, 2020, 01:41:24 AM »

https://www.rifftrax.com/charade

What's this, Mike and Bridget riffing what is generally considered a good movie?!

It's true: there was just so much about it that echoed their own relationship. The age difference (Bridget is a few weeks older than Mike), the fact that Mike is a mysterious stranger with a murky past (How long did he work nights at that cheese factory? You can never lock him down on that.), and Bridget someday hopes to be wearing Givenchy on the slopes of Gstaad.

Join Mike and Bridget and Cary and Audrey (and George Kennedy and James Coburn!) for Stanley Donen's Charade!

Written by: Mike Nelson, Bridget Nelson, Conor Lastowka, and Sean Thomason

Contributing writers: Jason Miller and Zachary Shatzer

Free to 2020 Kickstarter backers at the $125 level and up!

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Now Available - Charade with Mike and Bridget Nelson
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 01:45:11 AM »
Note that, despite not being the usual Rifftrax Crew, and despite Bridget's usual place in the Rifftrax Presents category, all riffs with Mike Nelson are billed as Rifftrax, not Rifftrax Presents, and I'm putting the sub forum here accordingly. There is precedence here, as both Next and Grey's Anatomy were riffed by Mike and Bridget under the standard Rifftrax banner.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 383
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 08:58:43 AM »
Weird...haven't watched yet, but appears to be the first VOD release in awhile that hasn't been chopped to an hour and 15 minutes (yeah, some have been longer, but it seems like it's been awhile since a VOD release didn't have something cut where this one appears to be the full almost 2 hour long movie). Looking forward to watching. Wife has burned out on the riffs of movies that have few redeeming qualities outside of the riffs, so she'll enjoy this one.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 383
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 12:32:20 PM »
Not gonna make my list of favorite riffs, but it was enjoyable and a good target for Mike and Bidget.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3478
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 05:35:37 PM »
Weird...haven't watched yet, but appears to be the first VOD release in awhile that hasn't been chopped to an hour and 15 minutes (yeah, some have been longer, but it seems like it's been awhile since a VOD release didn't have something cut where this one appears to be the full almost 2 hour long movie). Looking forward to watching. Wife has burned out on the riffs of movies that have few redeeming qualities outside of the riffs, so she'll enjoy this one.

I assume because it's a great movie that doesn't drag?
FINE

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 11:47:08 PM »

I think so. This is actually a quality film. Pretty much everything works into the plot. No real filler. Also nothing gratuitous anyone would object to, save perhaps Coburn's Texas accent. But it doesn't drag since they keep throwing in twists.

I'd love to see them do more films like this, but remarkably it's public domain so it didn't cost them anything. I mean I might like to see them do something like Laura, but I can't imagine how they could afford it.

[Edit] My keyboard died midsentence, and I had no batteries and it was already 2 am. Which is why that sentence died.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 07:35:47 AM by dbsommer »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3478
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 11:58:00 PM »

I think so. This is actually a quality film. Pretty much everything works into the plot. No real filler. Also nothing gratuitous anyone would object to, save perhaps Coburn's Texas accent. But it doesn't drag since they keep throwing in twists.

I'd love to see them do more films like this, but remarkably it's public domain so it didn't cost them anything. I mean I might like to see them do something like Laura, but I can't imagine how

Another great film in the public domain is DOA. I think that would lend itself to a great riff.

It's a Wonderful Life has been threatened a few times too.
FINE