login

Author Topic: The Mads are riffing The Tingler on August 18th!  (Read 108 times)

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 150
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
The Mads are riffing The Tingler on August 18th!
« on: July 06, 2020, 11:18:06 AM »
From the EventBrite page where you can get your $10 ticket...

"The Mads are back! Join Mystery Science Theater 3000 stars Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff (“Dr. Clayton Forrester” and “TV’s Frank”) for this special livestream event as they live-riff through Ed Wood's 1953 classic, Glen or Glenda, with a Q&A afterwards.

"This show will broadcast live via a private YouTube link that will be sent to ticket purchasers an hour prior to showtime. You can also watch directly here on Eventbrite. A percentage of the proceeds from the event will benefit NAACP Empowerment Programs, who engage primarily in training, education, and advocacy at the national and local levels.

"Viewers will be able to tune in from anywhere in the world. Anyone who purchases a ticket will gain access to re-watch the livestream and download it for personal viewing."

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-mads-glen-or-glenda-live-online-riffing-show-with-mst3ks-the-mads-tickets-111691323756

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 02:42:07 PM by WhyDontTheyLook »
"You never know, in a tight jam a nuclear missile just might come in handy."

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
Re: The Mads are riffing The Tingler on August 18th!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 02:40:30 PM »
Don't know how many people here caught the Mads (Trace and Frank) riffing Glen or Glenda live on July 21st, but it was a good show.  Basically showing the film while they riff through a Zoom link.  I've never managed to make it to one of their live shows, but they said this was something like the 46th time they live-riffed this one.  I imagine they mostly stuck to their script, but they did ad-lib at least a few lines (I caught a couple referencing mask-wearing and social distancing), and did a Q&A for about 15-20 minutes after.

They've got another one lined up for August 18th, this time live-riffing the Vincent Price film, The Tingler.  Here's the info (from EventBrite) and the link:

"The Mads are back! Join Mystery Science Theater 3000 stars Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff (“Dr. Clayton Forrester” and “TV’s Frank”) for this special livestream event as they live-riff through William Castle's 1959 classic, The Tingler, starring Vincent Price, with a Q&A afterwards.

"This show will broadcast live via a private YouTube link that will be sent to ticket purchasers an hour prior to showtime. You can also watch directly here on Eventbrite. A percentage of the proceeds from the event will benefit NAACP Empowerment Programs, who engage primarily in training, education, and advocacy at the national and local levels.

"Viewers will be able to tune in from anywhere in the world. Anyone who purchases a ticket will gain access to re-watch the livestream and download it for personal viewing.

"The Tingler tells the story of a scientist who discovers a parasite in human beings, called a "tingler", which feeds on fear. The creature earned its name by making the spine of its host "tingle" when the host is frightened. The Tingler remains most well known for a gimmick called "Percepto!", a vibrating device in some theater chairs which activated with the onscreen action."

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-mads-the-tingler-live-online-riffing-show-with-mst3ks-the-mads-tickets-114189535976

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 838
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 05:24:26 AM »
Damn!  I didn't know it was downloadable.... Was the last one that way too?   
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 06:00:57 AM »
Damn!  I didn't know it was downloadable.... Was the last one that way too?

Yes, it was!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 838
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 05:35:10 AM »
If I buy 2 tickets for the Tingler can someone help a brother out with Glen or Glenda??
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com