login

Author Topic: The COVID-19 Pandemic: What's happening in your part of the world?  (Read 5459 times)

Offline Toranaga

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 31
Re: The COVID-19 Pandemic: What's happening in your part of the world?
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2020, 03:53:04 PM »
Health tip: if you have to use the ATM at your bank bring a computer stylus so you don't have to touch the contaminated touchscreen.  if you don't have a stylus wrap your finger in aluminum foil.  Touchscreens are capacitive.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 854
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2020, 05:41:31 PM »
I am polite enough to not just wear latex gloves when I use the ATM, I go the extra mile and wipe down all the keys with clorox wipes.

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 559
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2020, 05:54:20 PM »
1st world problem:

I ordered a 120 pack of Slim Jims from Amazon and they're late!

Offline Toranaga

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2020, 07:19:51 PM »
I am polite enough to not just wear latex gloves when I use the ATM, I go the extra mile and wipe down all the keys with clorox wipes.
Good on ya mate.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 854
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!

Offline Ape21Ape21

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2020, 03:32:46 AM »
It is still under control in India. The 21-day lockdown is really effective. The Muslims are still annoying. As they had 2000 people from Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan and other parts of the world to a meetup from 1-12 March. 24 of them are tested positive.

If 24 were positive then the other 2000 might have been effective. I don't understand why people have to be so high headed. Peace.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7130
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2020, 03:54:05 AM »
It is still under control in India. The 21-day lockdown is really effective. The Muslims are still annoying. As they had 2000 people from Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan and other parts of the world to a meetup from 1-12 March. 24 of them are tested positive.

If 24 were positive then the other 2000 might have been effective. I don't understand why people have to be so high headed. Peace.

hey racist moron: fuck right the fuck off.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4445
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2020, 07:27:46 AM »

Already taken care of with ban hammer 8)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2920
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2020, 07:59:00 AM »

Been waiting for the other shoe to drop on that "guy", any idea if it was a bot or a real person?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2020, 08:02:54 AM »

Been waiting for the other shoe to drop on that "guy", any idea if it was a bot or a real person?
It seemed like a real person then the phishing links popped up in his profile which I have since removed  8)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7130
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2020, 08:51:46 AM »

point #2 is a great idea. (i'm not positive on the "served by" part. seems like that's a mis-translation)

point #1 is gonna be hard. i don't have any gloves, i think there's still a shortage of gloves here, and it's unlikely the stores are going to be willing to hand them out. i need some medical supplies and groceries on friday, so this'll be fun.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2020, 12:06:09 PM »
Just had a talk with a local ebay seller that drops off a lot of prepaids at the small post office I'm currently working at and he says the regular assigned lady that works here says this virus is made up and that schools are closed to install advanced monitoring systems and even said that all the deaths being reported from this virus are fake ::)
Maybe this is why she put in for this job years ago to talk to other conspiracy theorists. .

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 400
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2020, 06:19:18 AM »
I was able to order a case of 96 rolls of toilet paper from Uline today.  I still have 15 rolls at home, but since supplies are still a little low I'm starting to get nervous.

Uline is not selling toilet paper to new customers right now.  Therefore it is fortunate that I happened to buy about $350 worth of stuff from them a year ago when I moved to Illinois.

I'm not trying to hoard.  The 96 roll case was what they had.  I think they also had cases of 48 and 40.  All such orders were limited to one per customer.  Uline usually sells to businesses.  It was still more expensive than it would be in any retail store.  That's why I don't usually shop Uline.  I don't plan to resell this stuff and do any profiteering.    I will share a few rolls to close friends and family in need.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2020, 08:12:51 AM »
Went on a supply run yesterday (That sounds so much cooler than grocery shopping!) and was able to find most of the things that have been scarce on the shelves. Not always much variety (It was either Scott tissue or the Walmart generic brand. No 2-ply.) but I was able to get some pasta and bread and some fixings for the Turkey we're going to cook up this weekend.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2020, 04:09:37 PM »
Went to Walmart and they got a barricade of carts blocking the enterance for some odd reason..

No idea what this was supposed to accomplish as people were just going in the Exit doors and avoiding walking all the way around to the 'new' entrance way ???