Author Topic: Submit lists for List Of Crap #122: Best of Rifftrax  (Read 1026 times)

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 533
Re: Submit lists for List Of Crap #122: Best of Rifftrax
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2019, 07:59:55 AM »
I making the soft deadline January 5th as I'll be out of town all day on the 4th. So like Santa Clause, make a list of all the good little riffs and check it twice.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3559
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2019, 12:47:15 AM »
I've learned something about myself in compiling this list. I went through my whole Rifftrax library and the ones that floated to the top could best be summarized as "movies and shorts that went off the rails and spiraled downward into madness." Like I'm pretty sure watching my Top 25 in a row would cause some kind of brain damage. Watching them unriffed would kill you.

Most surprising to me is there isn't a Hollywood hit in the whole lot. Every single one is available as a VOD. There was a time not-so-long-ago where my list would have been almost entirely Just the Jokes. I blame the fact that my parenting duties have finally reached a lull to the point where I could finally start catching up on Rifftrax that came out after my son was born. Like anything after 2012, which is riiight when they started making the switch to VODs. The Rifftrax streaming channel has helped a lot, too.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 751
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2019, 09:33:30 AM »
My list only has 3 or 4 movies that I think would be considered Blockbusters. Most everything on my list is relatively obscure, especially by today's standards, but then again to be fair I think the vast majority of shorts are extremely obscure.

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 02:38:53 PM »
I've learned something about myself in compiling this list. I went through my whole Rifftrax library and the ones that floated to the top could best be summarized as "movies and shorts that went off the rails and spiraled downward into madness." Like I'm pretty sure watching my Top 25 in a row would cause some kind of brain damage. Watching them unriffed would kill you.

Most surprising to me is there isn't a Hollywood hit in the whole lot. Every single one is available as a VOD. There was a time not-so-long-ago where my list would have been almost entirely Just the Jokes. I blame the fact that my parenting duties have finally reached a lull to the point where I could finally start catching up on Rifftrax that came out after my son was born. Like anything after 2012, which is riiight when they started making the switch to VODs. The Rifftrax streaming channel has helped a lot, too.

I don't have a lot of blockbusters on my list either. I think one of the  reasons is that VODs are just so much simpler to download and watch and thus have more of a chance to grow on me. I often have Rifftrax on as background noise and for that it's a pain to properly synch up a video to the riffs. Much easier to open a playlist. Riffplayer generally works if I have a DVD for something but lately I've been getting Blu-Rays.

Offline CJones

• Liked: 840
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 04:57:52 PM »
I have quite a few mp3 riffs on my list (a work in progress). Mostly from early in the life of Rifftrax. While there are plenty of good VoD riffs, most of them tend to run together in my memory. The movies I know well, and the standout bat-shit-insane movies, tend to have the riffs I remember, and enjoy.   

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2019, 04:36:36 AM »
I have many of the mp3s authored (or is that re-authored) on DVD, so no more synching issues with them.

These days, I just put them all on a flash drive, but I've kept those old mp3/VOD burned to disc, and I'll still pop one into the player when I'm in the mood for one. So there are several 'just the jokes' Trax on my 25
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:45:25 PM by George-2.0 »

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2020, 04:28:16 PM »
Ok, I know I have a lot of people here interested in Rifftrax but I need more lists. If you submit a list now I'll give you a 50% discount. My final offer.

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 162
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2020, 07:28:29 PM »
For sure :D, I'll get a list in within a few days. I have one, but I'm gonna see if I can watch a couple more just to be sure before I send it in.

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 183
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2020, 06:17:08 AM »
what happened to Mac & Me?  I thought they did that recently and I loved it.  I can't find it.  Was I wrong on the title?  It was definitely an E.T. ripoff released within the last year or so.

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2020, 06:18:15 AM »
I can get in my and my roommate's lists as soon as I figure out the Mac & Me mystery.

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2020, 06:37:06 AM »
what happened to Mac & Me?  I thought they did that recently and I loved it.  I can't find it.  Was I wrong on the title?  It was definitely an E.T. ripoff released within the last year or so.

MST3K did it, in their last season

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2848
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2020, 06:44:53 AM »
That reminds me I have not finished season 12...

Hopefully I'll have my list done by Sunday.....

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2020, 06:59:15 AM »

MST3K did it, in their last season

ohhh yeah thats right.  thx.

Offline Russoguru

• Liked: 751
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2020, 10:51:49 AM »
God Mac and Me is so bad. Yeah, it's so bad its good, and I'm sure I am by no means the first person to say this, but it's as if they made the movie on a $1200 budget($1200 got you a LOT more alien costumes back in 1988). When I was a kid I was hoping it would be about my dangerous addiction to Mac and Cheese.

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2020, 01:23:26 PM »
God Mac and Me is so bad. Yeah, it's so bad its good, and I'm sure I am by no means the first person to say this, but it's as if they made the movie on a $1200 budget($1200 got you a LOT more alien costumes back in 1988). When I was a kid I was hoping it would be about my dangerous addiction to Mac and Cheese.

Yet it turns out the movie wanted to get you addicted to Big Macs.