login

Author Topic: Submit lists for List Of Crap #122: Best of Rifftrax  (Read 1081 times)

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 548
Submit lists for List Of Crap #122: Best of Rifftrax
« on: December 21, 2019, 02:01:35 PM »
BONESAW IS READY

Hi folks, my name is Linszoid and I have a confession to make. If some big blockbuster movie such as Star Wars or a Marvel Universe released, I hardly care anymore. Some acclaimed movie by a multiple Academy Award winning director gets released? Meh. However if you release a movie with a crappy monster costume or a cheezy martial arts movie, I start drooling! This is the effect that the crazy brilliant people at Rifftrax has had on me.

You've heard of Rifftrax right?

The Rules (These are important):
-Submit a list of 25 Rifftrax entries ranked 1-25. Using the usual point scoring system.
-Entries can be Movies, Shorts, or Just the Riffs
-Rifftrax Presents are eligible.
-Now this is a big (and controversial) rule. I am counting each movie as its own entry. For example a movie may a have a single riffer edition, 3-riffer edition, live edition, George Lucas special edition etc...  These will be rolled up into a single entry so you need to vote for it only once. I know live editions contain a central movie and multiple shorts. These will have to be voted for seperately.

Here's a list of Rifftrax (Thank you to whoever put this together):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RiffTrax

I'm going to set a soft deadline of 2 weeks from now and a minimum of ten lists. This should give everyone to finish their meal at Golden Corral, hit the tombstone, and vote for Ron Paul.
*******EDIT: I'll make that deadline Sunday January 5th as I'll be out of town on the 4th, this should give you enough time to duck your relatives for a few hours and get a list together*******

Given the subject of this LOC I'm hoping to get a LOT of entries.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Also I pledge that I will buy any of the top 5 entries that I do not currently have*

*Certain terms and conditions apply.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 07:57:33 AM by linszoid »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3693
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Submit lists for List Of Crap #122: Best of Rifftrax
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 05:35:10 PM »
So if I'm following the rules right, if I like a particular short from the Christmas Shorts-Stravaganza (Or any shorts that are similarly bundled), I'd vote for that short. Not the live show, right?

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 373
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 05:51:09 PM »
Okay, I'm done!

Of course, I have 100 movies and shorts listed, but that shouldn't be a problem, right? (oh, this is gonna be tough, so many painful cuts to make)

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 08:08:45 PM »
So if I'm following the rules right, if I like a particular short from the Christmas Shorts-Stravaganza (Or any shorts that are similarly bundled), I'd vote for that short. Not the live show, right?

Correct, I know that this is kind of unfortunate for some certain live shorts but after thinking about it for several months since I suggested doing this idea again I feel this is the best way to go. I know my method may not be popular with some people but it was the best I could come up with.

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 08:11:23 PM »
Okay, I'm done!

Of course, I have 100 movies and shorts listed, but that shouldn't be a problem, right? (oh, this is gonna be tough, so many painful cuts to make)

I have about the same problem. I have about 5 riffs I consider tier 1 but consolidating the rest into a list of 25 is going to require some painful cuts.

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 184
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 11:29:06 PM »
What about movie series?  Can I just say the Star Wars trilogy instead of each one separately?

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 05:21:48 AM »
What about movie series?  Can I just say the Star Wars trilogy instead of each one separately?

Movies like Star Wars are separate..

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2908
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 06:18:35 PM »
My list is in (not much going on at work today)

Was sort of surprised about what got pushed off the list, but like any of these lists, it would probably be different if I put it together next week.
FINE

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2019, 06:35:22 PM »
My list is in (not much going on at work today)

Was sort of surprised about what got pushed off the list, but like any of these lists, it would probably be different if I put it together next week.

The same thing is happening to myself.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2915
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2019, 06:45:42 PM »
This will be a hard one to sort down to 25, but I can tell it's going to be mostly shorts, I have not been buying all the features the last few years but have been getting all the shorts that come out. 

Glad "presents" is included, some great stuff by Mary Jo and Bridget that will certainly make my list.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2908
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2019, 07:01:05 PM »
This will be a hard one to sort down to 25, but I can tell it's going to be mostly shorts, I have not been buying all the features the last few years but have been getting all the shorts that come out. 

Glad "presents" is included, some great stuff by Mary Jo and Bridget that will certainly make my list.

I love B+MJ, but I ended up keeping my list 'pure' Rifftraxes. Would love to do a Rifftrax Presents list some time.

Also 0 shorts on my list. I enjoy a short sometimes, but vastly prefer a movie.
FINE

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 373
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2019, 10:26:19 PM »
Yeah the subject could definitely be broken down into 3 separate Craps (Rifftrax Prime, Rifftrax Shorts, Rifftrax Presents)

But for this one - I limited shorts because there was just so many that they were melting together in my mind - the feature-length stuff was more clear in my memory, there was a clearer line between what I liked, what was fair to middling, and what didn't make me laugh.

Still, I wanted to have a couple of my fave shorts, as well as a couple of my favorite Rifftrax presents, represented.

A little bit of this, a dash of that...

My list is sent.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 10:35:40 PM by George-2.0 »

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2019, 02:13:13 PM »
Thank you to everyone who has sent in a list so far.

And to everyone else:

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2019, 06:32:27 AM »
5 lists so far, thanks to everyone who has sent in a list. And Merry Xmas to you all!

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 846
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2019, 10:28:10 AM »
I made my list late last night when I was sleepy and in spite of the fact I'm going absolutely nowhere on Christmas day, I had to eventually go to bread.