Author Topic: looking to play riff or iriff for mental health group..  (Read 294 times)

Offline the amazing zero

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 3
looking to play riff or iriff for mental health group..
« on: March 19, 2019, 03:39:03 PM »
I swear I go to a mental health support group. Every now and then we watch movies. I was thinking about letting them watch an riff trax or two. I have a problem of how I would set that up and how to get the iriff as well as the dvd to play. they have a dvd player and big screen t.v.. it's just getting the riff or iriff to play as well. they have a cd player but getting a 2 hour riff onto a cd. any help would be appreciated.
i'll survive... even if it kills me... lol

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3213
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: looking to play riff or iriff for mental health group..
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 04:05:06 PM »
The simplest answer would be to purchase any of the on-demand riffs that already have the DVD and Riff in one place. You even get a .iso file whenever you purchase one that you can use to easily create a DVD. There are also DVDs that can be purchased on the Rifftrax site and on Amazon that contain DVDs that are ready-to-go.

If you're looking for a way to play an MP3 Riff, it gets tricky if you're not using a phone or MP3 player. If you can use a cell phone for a couple hours, the Rifftrax app and a couple of wired PC speakers is the easiest way to sync up. You sign into your account, select the movie you're watching, and start playing the DVD. The app "listens" to the movie and starts playing the riffs already synced-up. It takes some time, so you miss the first minute or so of riffing, but after it gets going it's a breeze.

If a CD is the ONLY way to play a riff and it HAS to be an MP3, your only safe bet would be to pick a shorter movie so that the entire riff would fit on the CD. That gives you an hour and 14 minutes to work with, which I think eliminates almost all of the movies except for the TV episode riffs and maybe Missile to the Moon. Oh, and the Star Wars Holiday Special, if you hate everyone in your support group.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 04:15:25 PM »
Check if the TV or disc player has a USB port and if so is it able to play a video file off a drive?  Then you just need to put a VOD download on a USB stick.

Offline the amazing zero

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 04:36:20 PM »
ty.. making a dvd it is then. I will be looking up how to do that after while. will be looking into other things first. again. ty.
i'll survive... even if it kills me... lol

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »
Not distinctly what you were asking for, but I might also suggest starting with some shorts.  Good way to gauge how much they like the rifftrax sense of humour.