Author Topic: List of Crap #114: Top 50 Star Wars Characters countdown  (Read 8834 times)

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5136
  • Mr. Robot
Re: List of Crap #114: Top 50 Star Wars Characters countdown
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2019, 11:48:58 AM »
"The Jedi other Jedis go to for weed." - Mike (I think)

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2019, 11:57:33 AM »
You know, Qui-Gonn seems like a really nice Jedi, and yet he's morally ambiguous, picking and choosing when it's okay or when it's not okay to use the force to effect the story. The problem is the key to understanding his strange behavior completely escapes me.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »
they interviewed the kid
oh, training they forbid
because yoda sensed in him much fear
and qui-gon said "now listen here"
"just stick it in your pointy ear"
"i still will teach this boy"
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 282
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2019, 03:30:22 PM »
#28: Greedo

27 points
3 of 10 lists. Highest Rank: #12 RVR II

From wookiepedia:

Greedo, son of Greedo the Elder, was a male Rodian bounty hunter. He lived in Mos Espa alongside the young Anakin Skywalker and W. Wald circa 32 BBY. Although his father had been an esteemed hunter, and the chief rival of Navik the Red, the younger Greedo had little of his father's prowess and was easily killed by Han Solo in Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina on Tatooine.

My thoughts:
A part of the menagerie of aliens in the Cantina. He may not have been a good bounty hunter but he is at the center of the greatest controversy in film history. Also a rodian dressed exactly like him can be spotted walking around in the backgrounds of Mos Eisley. So he either has a grieving twin or he survived!

"Wait, you told me it was Greedo's kid"
"Nope, you shot first!"

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2019, 05:31:48 PM »
#27: Admiral Ackbar

32 points
5 of 10 lists. Highest Rank: #10 stethacantus

From wookiepedia:

Gial Ackbar was a veteran male Mon Calamari soldier and strong revolutionary leader during the Clone Wars, the Galactic Civil War, the cold war, and the war between the Resistance and the First Order. Throughout his sixty years of service, Ackbar was regarded as a brilliant tactician.

Ackbar was captain of the Mon Calamari Guard during the Clone Wars and fought in the Battle of Mon Cala, in which he helped to secure Prince Lee-Char's ascent as King of Mon Cala and repel the Confederacy of Independent Systems. After the rise of the Galactic Empire, Ackbar became the foremost military commander in the Alliance to Restore the Republic, emerging as a symbol of defiance against the Empire's subjugation of non-humans. His presence attracted Mon Calamari support for the Alliance, thus supplying the Mon Calamari star cruisers that made up a bulk of the Alliance Fleet.

From his command ship of Home One, Ackbar acted as the fleet commander during the Battle of Endor, in which the Alliance successfully mounted an attack that led to the destruction of the Empire's second Death Star and the death of Emperor Palpatine. After the Battle of Endor, the Alliance formed the New Republic. Ackbar became a fleet admiral of the New Republic Defense Fleet and led the Republic to its victory over the Empire during the Battle of Jakku. After the battle on Jakku ended, the Empire retreated into the Unknown Regions and Ackbar retired to Mon Cala.

By 34 ABY, the emerging threat of the First Order, which arose from the ashes of the Empire, led Princess Leia Organa to form the Resistance without the support of the Republic that had turned a blind eye to the First Order. Organa, the general of the Resistance, coaxed Ackbar out of his retirement to serve in the Resistance. After reclaiming his commission as an Admiral Ackbar served in the Resistance base on D'Qar, where he helped oversee the battle to destroy the First Order superweapon known as Starkiller Base.

Ackbar was later present on the bridge of the Resistance's flagship the Raddus when the Resistance evacuated from D'Qar, but was blown up and killed when the First Order attacked the ship after it exited hyperspace.

My thoughts:
Everyone's favorite rebel fish Admiral. I like that they went with an alien officer instead of another boring human. But with so many different species on spaceship, how do they control what the thermostat is set to. Wouldn't different aliens like different temperatures?

"This is no time to be quoting tired internet memes sir!" - Bill Corbett

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2019, 06:09:56 PM »
#26: Salacious Crumb

36 points
3 of 10 lists. Highest Rank: #8 Pak-Man

From wookiepedia:

Salacious B. Crumb was a Kowakian monkey-lizard employed as a court jester for Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure. Known for his shrill laugh and sadistic sense of humor, Crumb started out as little more than vermin on Kwenn Space Station during the days of the Galactic Republic, eventually escaping onto a ship belonging to Jabba the Hutt.

When Jabba found Crumb eating from his food bowl, he attempted to digest him, though the Kowakian monkey-lizard escaped, covering Jabba's two henchmen with goo in the process. Jabba found this extremely amusing, and offered Crumb a role as his court jester; if Salacious managed to amuse Jabba at least once a day, he would be allowed to eat and drink as much as he wished. However, if he failed to do so, he would be killed. For over a dozen years he lived in Jabba's Palace, playing many tricks and practical jokes on some of the palace's regulars, and becoming one of the most disliked members of Jabba's court.

He died in 4 ABY, when Jabba's sail barge exploded over the Great Pit of Carkoon.

My thoughts:
Definitely a sadistic little muppet with a laugh that makes you want to squeeze him. Still though he adds variety to the characters in the SW universe.

"I live in Jabba's fat!"

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2019, 08:14:15 PM »
... I have to say that I can't wait to see Pak's full list because then I'm going to feel sorry for all the poor characters who didn't make the list and as a consequence lost to Salacious Crumb of all characters.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2019, 10:21:01 PM »
I have a particular fondness for the denizens of Jabba's palace. Most of the aliens peppered throughout the Star Wars universe amount to "Humanoid with weird skin and a strange face." Lucas let his imagination go wild with Jabba's Palace.

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 518
  • I crap bigger than this movie.
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2019, 10:33:02 PM »
Salacious Crumb is like one of the top 18 most quotable characters in all of Star Wars. He made my list as well.
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 132
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2019, 10:42:30 PM »
I too love Salacious Crumb! Also good to see Admiral Ackbar.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2019, 03:08:09 AM »
#32: The Millenium Falcon

23 points
1 of 10 lists. Highest Rank: #3 CJones

Ok, this entry is kind of in violation of the rules. But it's the fricken Falcon so I let it slide. This ship made light freighters look cool. Which adolescent (or adult) among us did not imagine we had a Falcon in our youth, travelling the galaxy with friends and looking for adventure.

I actually did have a rational for including the Falcon. One, in Empire, C-3P0 says "I don't know where your ship learned to communicate, but it has a most peculiar dialect." And Han mentions that he needs C-3P0 to "Talk to the Falcon, find out what's wrong with the hyperdrive." Second, in Solo, L3's "consciousness" is transferred to the Falcon. This would certainly seem to suggest that C-3P0 is talking to L3, or what's left of her anyway

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2019, 03:17:54 AM »
y thoughts:
Everyone's favorite rebel fish Admiral. I like that they went with an alien officer instead of another boring human. But with so many different species on spaceship, how do they control what the thermostat is set to. Wouldn't different aliens like different temperatures?

"Crap, I forgot that I breathe water!"

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2019, 10:19:51 AM »
Alright, we're halfway through this thing.

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2019, 10:20:38 AM »
I have a particular fondness for the denizens of Jabba's palace. Most of the aliens peppered throughout the Star Wars universe amount to "Humanoid with weird skin and a strange face." Lucas let his imagination go wild with Jabba's Palace.

Speaking of strange creatures at Jabba's Palace...

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2019, 10:27:53 AM »
#25: Max Rebo

46 points
6 of 10 lists. Highest Rank: #10 PyschoGoatee

From wookiepedia:

Max Rebo, whose real name was Siiruulian Phantele, was a male Ortolan who was known as a popular musician and head member of the Max Rebo Band. He was a skinny Ortolan, the youngest of five children.

My thoughts:
I liked the music during the Jabba Palace sequence. I think I'm the only person that doesn't mind that little song was added in the special edition. Let's face it, Max Rebo is a top notch jizz wailer. Nobody can wail jizz like the Max Rebo band.

"Ah jizz" - Kevin Murphy
"Don't!" - Mike Nelson