3 (15.8%)
Freddie Steps Out
0 (0%)
Rescue Me
2 (10.5%)
Sherlock Holmes Dressed to Kill
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Top 3 MJ and B Riffs (so far)  (Read 492 times)

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
Top 3 MJ and B Riffs (so far)
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:55:49 AM »
Mary Jo and Bridget's riffs just get better and better.

Vote for and discuss your favorites (so far) here.

Offline spinlock

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: Top 3 MJ and B Riffs (so far)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 05:40:20 AM »
Dang, that's a real tough one. There are so many great ones already, but I've gotta give it to Gravity! I was in stitches by the end and Mary Jo and Bridget have such a great chemestry. I find that their riffs have a really chummy vibe which I like.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 238
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 06:46:49 AM »
Poll only set up to let me vote for 1 instead of 3.

Top 3:
1) Rescue Me
2) Freddie Steps Out
3) Junior Prom

Rescue Me was just a great all around choice for a riff and while similar to movies that the guys have riffed, it was different than a lot of the MST3K type movies (with the exception of Gravity) that Mary Jo and Bridget have taken on. Not sure I would have liked the other 2 if riffed by the guys, but they were great targets handled perfectly by the ladies. 

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 10:40:31 PM »
I must have forgotten to click the allow 3 votes when I set up the poll. Now, when I click edit poll, I don't see it as an option. Anyway to change it?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2521
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 11:25:04 PM »
I've edited the poll to allow three votes.
FINE

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 03:00:10 AM »
I voted for Rescue Me and Deadly Instincts and Devil Girl (that robot, that costume)--these are not to be missed.

I'm a little surprised to see Junior Prom doing so well. I thought that was a little too campy already to work with the riffing. Or maybe the camp factor is why people like it.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 623
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 06:28:02 PM »
I really liked Dressed to Kill. I particularly liked all the Watson jokes. Watson wasn't really this stupid in the books was he?

I'll go with Devil Girl from Mars and Gravity as #2 and #3

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2521
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 03:25:50 PM »
I really liked Dressed to Kill. I particularly liked all the Watson jokes. Watson wasn't really this stupid in the books was he?

Those are the only three on the list I haven't watched yet!
FINE

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 623
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 01:32:17 PM »

Devil Girl from Mars is one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen. And that's saying a LOT.

"I've come to this podunk backwater to breed with your males. Anybody have a problem with that?" Surprisingly yes.

Offline George-2.0

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 201
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 04:42:11 PM »
I recent got back into Rifftrax and with this weekend sale, picked up a bunch. Bridget and MJ are the bees knees! Not that I hate the guys, but variety is the spice of life (speaking of which; Cole, Janet, it'd be great to get another from you two as well. And I'll have to pick up those I've missed from Matthew and Ian)

I haven't seen enough to vote just yet, but I really got a kick out of She, and am enjoying Dressed to Kill (which is playing now)

The shorts have been great. A few highlights include... What Mary Jo Wanted, Oh, Boy! Babies! and especially the uproarious Girls Are Better Than Ever.

Once I get through the majority I'll come back and vote. Great thread BTW.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:47:42 PM by George-2.0 »

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 02:31:22 AM »

Devil Girl from Mars is one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen. And that's saying a LOT.

"I've come to this podunk backwater to breed with your males. Anybody have a problem with that?" Surprisingly yes.

Did you notice it was based on a stage play? Can you imagine going to see a production of this in the early fifties on, I'm imagining, some seaside town stage--the same kind of regional theaters that Bela Lugosi--to his great disappointment--toured in a revival of Dracula about the same time? Was the audience able to take this nonsense seriously even then? I wonder if Devil Girl had the same costume. Her dramatic entrances through the door are hilarious. They riff themselves.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:33:38 AM by losingmydignity »

Offline George-2.0

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 201
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 05:49:48 PM »
The Robot in Devil Girl was hilarious too. I wonder if they used that (or the same design) on stage. Bet that thing took a tumble or two (or three)

Devil Girl was a lot of fun. But I have admit, I'm struggling with Rescue Me. I've tried twice and still can't finish it (not laughing at the riffs, the movie is like a trip to the dentist... I know, many of these riffed flicks are terrible, but this one is especially grating for me). I'll try it again another day.

I popped in Jr. Prom right after and my laughter resumed (quipping on the cartoon credits was a hoot).

The Amazing Mr. X I wasn't sure of because I actually liked that movie (I'd seen it before), and thought I might focus on it instead of the jokes. But B&MJ made it work. I was often in stitches, "I love you Paul but you have a small dinghy." (And there's a Trixie Belden reference, to boot)

That leaves me Freddie Steps Out and that'll be it for this recent purchase.

Oh, and The Maturing Woman short... hysterical. I love how they put themselves in the film.

I still have to pick up Sherlock Holmes The Woman in Green, Angels Revenge, Deadly Instincts, Beyond Christmas and Gravity... which I'll have to listen to the old fashioned way. My phone is just a phone (a tracfone... I rarely call or receive calls), cant do apps on it. I attempted to download an Android emulator on my laptop, but that keeps failing. And the guy who use to send me authored DVDs (when I bought the trax first of course) has disappeared. He's no longer on the forum and his email addy doesn't work anymore. So it'll be, disc in the player, trax on the laptop and the chore of keeping it synched. 

Anyway... can we change choices in this poll? If not I'll hold off on voting. But to date my top 3 are

#1. Amazing Mr. X
#2. She
#3. Junior Prom

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:07:57 PM by George-2.0 »