Author Topic: Now Available - Terror in the Wax Museum  (Read 430 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Now Available - Terror in the Wax Museum
« on: October 27, 2018, 11:43:40 PM »

https://www.rifftrax.com/terror-in-the-wax-museum

Terror in the Wax Museum is a redundant title. Obviously, there has never been a movie wax museum that wasn’t swarming with unimaginable terrors, just as there has never been a John Carradine movie where he didn’t dodder around a secret laboratory full of Bunsen burners and dry ice. (Many people forget that during the famous “I’ll be there” speech in Grapes of Wrath, John’s in the background getting his tongue caught in a beaker.)

When bodies start turning up in London, there’s only possible explanation: the various wax dummies have gained sentience and started murdering people. It’s actually a lot more plausible than the actual twist the movie serves up. Along the way you’ll get to watch people gawk at history’s greatest monsters: Jack the Ripper, Genghis Khan, Lizzie Borden, and the local lounge singer who, though she technically never killed anybody, really needs to improve her vocal range or at the very least learn another damn song!

Mike, Kevin, and Bill all hope to one day be enshrined in Madame Tussauds. Until then, they’ll be setting for this riff.

Written by: Mike Nelson, Conor Lastowka, Sean Thomason
Contributing Writers: Jason Miller, Zachary Shatzer

Offline PontifexPrimus

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 14
Re: Now Available - Terror in the Wax Museum
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 12:00:42 PM »
Can anyone who has watched and understood this one please explain to me what the deal with the dream sequences was? Were those actually nightmares, or did the killer influence them somehow? And after the fake-wake-ups each time, was that then actual reality or just another dream?

Oh, and how did the detective wrap up the treasure hunt the way he did in the end? I mean, what the F gave him that idea???

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 301
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 09:15:00 AM »
I'm lost as you are. I didn't even get the ending.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 12:53:44 PM »
That was a fantasist riff.  Possibly my favorite this year . 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 01:16:39 PM »
It looks like Bill in that poster. I don't think it is, they don't do the head swap thing anymore.