Author Topic: Krull-Live  (Read 4679 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 260
Krull-Live
« on: August 23, 2018, 07:36:06 PM »
Thought it started a bit slow, but picked up quite a bit as the movie dragged on. And as it movie, it did really drag. Last time I'd seen it was on VHS many years ago and had forgotten most of it.  Every single scene even with the riffs felt like it was 20 times as long as it needed to be.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 55
Re: Krull-Live
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 08:33:10 PM »
Agree with the above. Started out slow and picked up steam. Had some really funny bits here and there, but I'd rate this more of a solid riffing than something awesome, like Samurai Cop or Miami Connection. Also I saw this in the theater as a kid, then on VHS. My memory told me it wasn't that bad.

My memories were wrong. Though I did like that it wasn't a Lucusworld with only one single environment, and instead had tons of them. Location shots were the one redeeming thing about this. That and the McGuffin turns out to be a real dud.

It's definitely worth watching, and I'm glad I got the blu ray so I can run the backer audio riff as I'll want to rewatch it at some point.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:38:54 PM by dbsommer »

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 10:01:05 PM »
Never saw the movie before and only knew it as a cult-favorite fantasy hero film. I was expecting Cannon Films but was very surprised the movie had an actually huge (for its time) budget with big sfx and a solid score from James Horner. But, boy, what a mess. Yeah, the pacing was terrible. The plot struggled. It was either too much exposition or not enough. Characters were somehow both well-defined and completely vague. Reminded me a LOT of the Dune movie which came out a year after.

The riffs certainly made it enjoyable. Biggest groan was great: "This movie sees more caves than a Thai soccer team."  ;D ;D ;D Loved every Taken jab too. And the movie's incoherency really lends itself so well to riffing. I think the cave scene with the floating emerald was my favorite beginning-to-end scene ("Shhh... I'm gonna squash it!").

Offline pstokely

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 12:01:35 AM »
did your theaters ever lose feed for at least few seconds like mine? I complained and a got pass from AMC

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 301
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 03:57:53 AM »
First live show I'll probably never see due to having moved to another planet...I mean country.

Was there a short?

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 05:44:56 AM »
did your theaters ever lose feed for at least few seconds like mine? I complained and a got pass from AMC

Yep, ours did too several times, only once for a long period, where the "comic relief" turned into a tiger and...did something? 

Polish sausage...Ditka...da Bears!  I loved it.  And no, there wasn't any short.  I forgot how long the movie was.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:48:07 AM by Parker_Hylton »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 05:47:08 AM »

Was there a short?
No. They went straight into riffing the movie after a short intro.

The intro had one of the best jokes, too.
Bill: "So how many of you have seen Krull before?"
*audience cheers*
Mike: "Why?!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 05:49:01 AM »
I knew that Krull was slow, but I hadn't seen it in years. WOW, that was bad! The movie is aggressively lazy.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 07:18:51 AM »
I loved the running gag about what or who is named Krull. I remembered that Krull is the name of the planet they are on, but it might as well have been Earth anyway. And the title is more often one of the character names or something more important in the movie, it was easy to forget.

Offline Messy Depends

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 08:11:04 AM »
Overall it was ok. Existence was almost bearable. It would have been better to not go alone like I did because I don't have any friends. I almost got in a fistfight on the way out of the theater.

Tony the corpse-eating horse was funny.

What else.
Don't bring a sword to a sword-that-shoots-lasers fight.
Who did your perm?!?
Wait, I didn't tell you about your grandchild...I killed him too!

They called everyone and everything Krull. The land itself was Krull I think which is weird

What did Kevin say when Cromwyn was climbing up the mountain? It was "he discovered stroth claw!" or something like that. It got a big laugh in my theater but I missed it.

Offline Messy Depends

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 08:13:27 AM »
I loved the running gag about what or who is named Krull. I remembered that Krull is the name of the planet they are on, but it might as well have been Earth anyway. And the title is more often one of the character names or something more important in the movie, it was easy to forget.

Yeah haha. They didn't even care enough to get it right.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 08:14:16 AM »

What did Kevin say when Cromwyn was climbing up the mountain? It was "he discovered stroth claw!" or something like that. It got a big laugh in my theater but I missed it.
I think the line was "He discovered the Mystical Cooter!" Because the crack in the rock looked like a vagina.

Offline Messy Depends

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 08:15:41 AM »

Yep, ours did too several times, only once for a long period, where the "comic relief" turned into a tiger and...did something? 

Polish sausage...Ditka...da Bears!  I loved it.  And no, there wasn't any short.  I forgot how long the movie was.

We glitched during that part too. Forgot about that Bears joke-haha.

Offline Messy Depends

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 08:17:32 AM »

I think the line was "He discovered the Mystical Cooter!" Because the crack in the rock looked like a vagina.

Oh ok haha. I thought the shape of the rock had something to do with it but I didn't want to bring it up if it didn't. :)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 10:39:57 AM »

We glitched during that part too. Forgot about that Bears joke-haha.
So did we in King of Prussia, PA. I heard the "da Bears" riff right when it came back, but wasn't sure what in the movie it was referencing, or if there was more to it.