login

Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers thread*  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2658
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers thread*
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 12:56:24 AM »
What about the other deaths? Are all those permanent? Loki, Heimdall, Valkyrie, Korg, Gamora, Vision? Most of those I dont think can be taken back without cheapening things. They will already cheapen things by taking back all the dissolves.

I'd argue Gamora's resurrection could be completely justified, but it's the only one.

She was sacrificed to obtain the soul gem, so let's say her intact soul is stored inside it.  You can get her back by destroying ("sacrificing") the gem for good.  I'd accept that.
See, to me Gamora's the only one that can't come back. Asgardians seem to have a habit of staying alive. Seems like Vision could be rebuilt without the stone (They even indicated that most of his best parts would still be in-tact.) Gamora's soul might be stored safely away, but her body was chucked off a cliff.

My obligatory review: I loved every minute of it. Thanos was a great villain. I loved how the tone and even the color pallet changed to match whatever superhero franchise was being represented. The Guardians scenes felt like Guardians movies, the Iron Man scenes felt like Iron Man. etc.

I think a lot of kids are going to be having frank talks with their parents about life and death in fiction this weekend. We adults have internalized the formulas and know that the superheroes that went poof probably won't stay poofed unless they're intent on nuking some of their most profitable franchises. Kids just watched Spider-Man die while begging for his life, and the bad guy won. A lot of them in the audience didn't seem to be handling it well.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 153
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 01:14:51 AM »
Adam Warlock is still out there.  He was shown in that post credits sequence in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and they still haven't made use of him.  I seem to recall reading that he had the gauntlet at some point in the comics.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3388
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 07:42:35 AM »
Why did Fury have to page Captain Marvel? Certainly she would know what was going on? Was he paging her in the past? In a time when pagers are still in use?

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 214
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 11:51:49 AM »
Who knows man, I think that was kind of just put in there as the one ray of hope or something to kind of counter the bleak ending.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2337
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2018, 02:36:33 PM »
Why did Fury have to page Captain Marvel? Certainly she would know what was going on? Was he paging her in the past? In a time when pagers are still in use?

Possibly, but I suspect she’s off in space somewhere
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 05:53:11 PM »
I'm really hoping we get those Avengers Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavors they mention.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 08:15:26 PM »
Is there a version of Hulk where he's just not able to follow along with any conversations?

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2018, 08:48:42 PM »
Did anyone else notice in the end credits they said something about a character from Arrested Development being in the movie? I mean they already did a nod to Arrested Development by having the truck with the stairs on it from the show in Civil War, but I'm wondering what they're referring to because it was probably such a fleeting cameo I may never have noticed.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2337
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 08:53:13 PM »
Did anyone else notice in the end credits they said something about a character from Arrested Development being in the movie? I mean they already did a nod to Arrested Development by having the truck with the stairs on it from the show in Civil War, but I'm wondering what they're referring to because it was probably such a fleeting cameo I may never have noticed.

https://news.avclub.com/yep-theres-an-arrested-development-character-hidden-in-1825618581
FINE

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2018, 06:04:15 AM »

https://news.avclub.com/yep-theres-an-arrested-development-character-hidden-in-1825618581

Ha!

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2018, 10:25:12 AM »
Wow... mind=Blown. I know Andrea would have gotten a big kick out of seeing that.   :(

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2018, 01:43:10 PM »
This is one of the saddest articles I've ever seen:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46310631/5-of-the-most-exciting-actual-and-possible-upcoming-marvel-movies
Wow. It takes some serious laziness to fail at a clickbait article, but there you go.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 153
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2018, 04:01:16 PM »
Some things not related to the movie, just my theater experience.

The theater I was in was completely packed.  Every normal seat taken.  There were some handicap seats that were open.  These are just like the regular seats, except there is no open seat in front of them so it is easier to maneuver around them.  I think they might actually be for companions of handicapped people, since a handicapped person would just sit next to it in his wheelchair?

All other seating is reserved.  I took my seat, and a family of 4 sat next to me.  Directly next to me was a woman and her baby..  This worried me for the first hour because babies are essentially ticking time bombs of noise.  The movie is 2 and a half hours long, and is a baby even capable of staying silent that long?  Fortunately the baby stayed quiet form about the first hour.  Around that point I went to the bathroom (because I had been drinking massive amounts of Coke Zero) and when I came back, I just sat in one of the handicap companion seats.  Movie was halfway over, so I didn't think anyone was going to come sit there.

They really do give you an absurd amount of popcorn, even if you only buy the smallest size.  I couldn't finish it all because after a while it just felt like I was eating packing peanuts.

When Black Panther vanished, people in the theater gasped.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2018, 04:09:09 PM »
Yeah Black Panther vanishing had me inside screaming "HOLY SHIT!"