Author Topic: General MST3k News  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4544
  • Mr. Robot
General MST3k News
« on: March 15, 2018, 04:26:04 PM »
For news not big enough for it's own thread.  Here's some: Netflix swapped out it's classic MST3k episodes.

https://www.avclub.com/netflix-just-added-to-its-mst3k-library-1823815183

I wonder if that's just in the US or internationally.  I'll find out tonight, as I tend to watch classic MST3k piecemeal before bed with a late night snack.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 180
Re: General MST3k News
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »
Nice to see a change, but the "new" Netflix episodes are all episodes that repeat often on Pluto TV. While Netflix has the advantage over Pluto TV of not having commercials, I watch a lot of MST3K and Rifftrax on Pluto TV (and also Rifftrax on Twitch) just because I sometimes like having episodes picked for me and being somewhat surprised by what comes on next (and the commercials are actually kind of nice if you're doing other things around the house while watching because they give you a break and don't require 100% of your attention for an hour and half straight to catch an entire show) Glad for folks that maybe just got into MST3K due to Season 11 and Netflix though.

Offline begoodrascal

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 05:56:05 PM »
For news not big enough for it's own thread.  Here's some: Netflix swapped out it's classic MST3k episodes.

I wonder if that's just in the US or internationally.  I'll find out tonight, as I tend to watch classic MST3k piecemeal before bed with a late night snack.

I've watched a few of these classic MST3k eps just added to Netflix as "season 2". Based on how Netflix rolled out MST3k season 11 last year, I'm optimistic season 12 is due out soon. Last year, Netflix added the first batch of classics ("season 1") around mid march, about a month before the new season was released. So maybe we're just a few weeks from more MST3k.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2456
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 05:59:36 PM »

I've watched a few of these classic MST3k eps just added to Netflix as "season 2". Based on how Netflix rolled out MST3k season 11 last year, I'm optimistic season 12 is due out soon. Last year, Netflix added the first batch of classics ("season 1") around mid march, about a month before the new season was released. So maybe we're just a few weeks from more MST3k.

They've already announced the line up for April, and it's not there: https://news.avclub.com/heres-whats-coming-to-and-leaving-from-netflix-in-apr-1823918850

But maybe May?

I knew the writing was underway (done?) but I hadn't heard they'd been filming?
FINE

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 354
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 07:00:32 PM »
Yeah Season 12 is a long way off yet, maybe late this year.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 93
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 06:46:34 AM »
I think if there were an announce date for Season 12, we'd know by now.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5401
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 07:21:54 AM »
I think if there were an announce date for Season 12, we'd know by now.
Or even an announcement that it's filming.

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 06:48:36 PM »
Yeah, in a recent podcast Jonah said they haven’t started filming yet. Then there’s the long editing process and the month of quality approval Netflix has.

I’d be shocked if we had it sooner than Turkey day.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 93
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 07:24:41 PM »
Fortunately, I have saintly patience when it comes to these things. It took 17 years for a new season of MST3K to come back, so I guess waiting another year or so won't be bad…

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 348
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 07:52:59 PM »
Don't rush them. They really need to take their time.
They made a five-minute song seventeen times longer. We're cutting it down to size. The QuipTrack for The Christmas Shoes is AVAILABLE NOW at QuipTracks.com.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5401
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 06:54:28 AM »
Don't rush them. They really need to take their time.
I agree. While I did really enjoy Season 11, they need to get their pacing a little better.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 05:46:44 PM »
Well, besides pacing they need to have some character development. Tough to do when everything except the riffing was shot in a day. But I'm guessing Season 12 will have a similar abbreviated shooting schedule, Hopefully some more thought will be put into host segments this time around though and "cameos" kept to a minimum or eliminated.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 03:46:28 PM »
Got a totally unexpected email announcing that Season 11 is going to be sold here on the Rifftrax site starting April 11. As a backer who already has HD downloads and a DVD set, it's not something I'm interested in other than the fact I'm glad to see the relationship between Shout! and Rifftrax to continue on obviously good terms. Wish it would lead to more Film Crew episodes, but understand that ship has likely sailed.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4544
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 04:03:56 PM »
Film Crew was more or less a dry run for Rifftrax anyway, so spiritually you basically got it.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2806
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 10:37:34 PM »
So MST3K Season 11 is now available for sale through Rifftrax.com. AND They're selling the "We Brought Back MST3K" documentary that was previously exclusive to kickstarter backers.