Author Topic: Now Available - Oblivion 2: Backlash  (Read 667 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2976
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Now Available - Oblivion 2: Backlash
« on: March 09, 2018, 08:05:45 PM »

https://www.rifftrax.com/oblivion-2-backlash

Oblivion 2: Backlash! No, it’s not just a compilation of all the backlash the first Oblivion received, it’s the title of a direct-to-video sequel to Oblivion. What did we do to deserve this? No, seriously, what did we do to deserve this.

Remember how the first one ended? If you do, you’re ahead of us. But the important thing is, all our favorite sci-fi space western characters are back! Like Lizardface Jim Carrey type guy, or maybe it’s his brother! The Librarian-ish Cowboy! Bondage whip lady! Just-here-for-the-paycheck Isaac Hayes! Laura Ingalls Wilder! Cat Prostitute! And, last but also absolutely definitely least, Snarling Drunken Embarrassment George Takei!

This time around the gang is after a rare valuable space mineral in them thar space hills, while on the run from a new character, the Vaguely Dickensian Assassin. And, naturally, they wind up facing off against a giant space turtle. Throw it all together and you got yourself some Oblivion, baby!

Saddle up with Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Oblivion 2: Backlash, the movie that’ll have you saying “Maybe I should’ve given Cowboys & Aliens more of a chance.”

Head writer
Mike Nelson

Additional contributors:
Conor Lastowka - Senior Writer
Sean Thomason - Senior Writer

Contributing Writers: Molly Hodgdon, Jason Miller, and Mike Schuster

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 240
Re: Now Available - Oblivion 2: Backlash
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 08:59:03 PM »
Ugggg!
Hated the first one...but really didn't remember much about it other than hating it.
And for some reason I was thinking this was the sequel to the recent terrible (but great) Mario Lopez movie (Absolution) and not a sequel to a bad space western, so I bought it. Despite the intentionally hammy acting and the 80s TV show level writing which I usually hate in a riffed movie (and hated in the first one) I thought this one was Dr. Who-like in it's terribleness (at least from what Dr. Who I've seen) and the riffing made for some entertainment. No where near my favorite, but worth the purchase.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 283
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 10:06:28 PM »
I'm so pissed off. This movie totally lacked the spirit of Faludi's book.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2550
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 10:33:32 PM »
I LOVED the first one (well, the riff).

Can't wait to get to this one.
FINE

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 283
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 09:17:35 AM »
I thought the first one was really funny too. Looking forward to this.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 07:13:25 PM »
This sequel is not as good as the original.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think it's safe to assume that an "OBLIVION 3" was planned, but after the split from Paramount, any further development was sadly put to rest. The director has expressed interest in making a third, but given Full Moon's financial woes these days, they could never afford it, much less do it justice. I'm sorry to say this is another franchise best left alone.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/