Author Topic: What are the odds Joel makes a Season 12 announcement on Turkey Day?  (Read 959 times)

Offline linszoid

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 14
We all know he loves the holiday and I assume there will be a Turkey Day Marathon. It seems to me that it would be the perfect time to announce Season 12.

Any thoughts?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2218
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: What are the odds Joel makes a Season 12 announcement on Turkey Day?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 07:04:37 PM »
My thought it - I can't believe it hasn't happened yet
FINE

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3102
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 07:18:40 PM »
Yeah It's getting late in the year and no news yet is a bit odd :-\

Offline linszoid

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 07:32:07 PM »
My thought it - I can't believe it hasn't happened yet

Me neither, if an announcement isn't made by Thanksgiving I'm going to start losing hope.

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 106
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 05:19:50 AM »
Didn't the last season end with

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hope that if they do season 12, it's better than season 11, which was a real chore to watch. 
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 06:21:01 AM »
I loved season 11. For me it was pretty well perfect.
FINE

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 4066
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
I remember (on a podcast, maybe, or one of the missives) that he's been wanting to say something about how things are going but lawyers are telling him to hold off.  It's definitely going to happen, but it probably means negotiations and deals still need to go through.  It all sounds positive, though.

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 106
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 09:41:33 AM »

Just to clarify, we're talking about season 11 of Mystery Science Theater 3000, right?  Not Supernatural or The Simpsons, or Frasier?
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5117
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 09:51:49 AM »

Just to clarify, we're talking about season 11 of Mystery Science Theater 3000, right?  Not Supernatural or The Simpsons, or Frasier?
No, he's talking about Season 11 of The Chevy Chase Show.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5117
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 09:52:56 AM »
I would think Netflix would want to make the announcement of Season 12 themselves.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 10:54:00 AM »
Planning to watch the Turkeyday marathon as it's become a tradition, but not expecting any new announcements. My hope is that we get real host segments in between episodes and not Joel (and/or Jonah) in an office with a special appearance from the bots. New host segments would lead me to believe season 12 is a go even without an announcement because they cost a lot more to film then the segments we've gotten since the marathon returned and that money has to come from somewhere.

And my take on Season 11 now that I've watched all but the Xmas episode at least twice and had time to reflect on it is that it got a lot of things right but left a lot of room for improvement. I view it basically a lot like season 1- I enjoy it on occasion, but most of the time I pick episodes from seasons 2 thru 10 to rewatch. I really want a season 12 though because I thought the live show I got to see fixed a lot of what needed fixing and would expect that to carry forward to a new season.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 05:37:50 PM »
I remember (on a podcast, maybe, or one of the missives) that he's been wanting to say something about how things are going but lawyers are telling him to hold off.  It's definitely going to happen, but it probably means negotiations and deals still need to go through.  It all sounds positive, though.

It's not definite until it's definite though - If they haven't ironed it out yet, that means there's something they can't agree on.
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 05:38:08 PM »

Correct.
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 05:38:58 PM »
I would think Netflix would want to make the announcement of Season 12 themselves.

They'll want to announce it to the most eyes possible - It seems like a good place to do it.
FINE

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 28
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 09:18:23 PM »
Planning to watch the Turkeyday marathon as it's become a tradition, but not expecting any new announcements. My hope is that we get real host segments in between episodes and not Joel (and/or Jonah) in an office with a special appearance from the bots. New host segments would lead me to believe season 12 is a go even without an announcement because they cost a lot more to film then the segments we've gotten since the marathon returned and that money has to come from somewhere.

And my take on Season 11 now that I've watched all but the Xmas episode at least twice and had time to reflect on it is that it got a lot of things right but left a lot of room for improvement. I view it basically a lot like season 1- I enjoy it on occasion, but most of the time I pick episodes from seasons 2 thru 10 to rewatch. I really want a season 12 though because I thought the live show I got to see fixed a lot of what needed fixing and would expect that to carry forward to a new season.

I completely agree. Season 11 definitely had its faults but in the Watch Out For Snakes! tour you can definitely see that they reverted to what made Seasons 2-10 so great and kept the good things from Season 11 (like the brilliant door intro and the movies with a high riffability factor). I expect Baron Vaughn to make a comeback as Tom Servo but I think by Season 12 we'll be used to his voice.