Author Topic: Now Available: Psychotronic Man!  (Read 520 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 713
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Now Available: Psychotronic Man!
« on: September 23, 2017, 07:42:20 AM »
https://www.rifftrax.com/psychotronic-man

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IqLTyi-C5Wc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IqLTyi-C5Wc</a>

A surreal journey into the trippy world of, uh, being a barber, it’s Psychotronic Man!

What does “psychotronic” mean, exactly? Well, we’re not sure, and neither is the movie. But it seems to be the result of being a barber, and drinking too much of your liquid barber products, which leads to weird dreams, which leads to telling people about your weird dreams. And then killing them with your mind, as if telling them about your dream wasn’t bad enough. Also, to be truly psychotronic, it’s important that all this take place in a Chicago suburb rich with some of the thickest accents you’ve ever heard. Make sense yet? No, no it doesn’t.

Floating cars, shampoo drinking, endless stretches of silent sweaty driving, they’re all part of the eerie psychotronic-ness that have made this movie a cult favorite. Strap in for a buzz cut of the mind, and join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Psychotronic Man!

https://www.rifftrax.com/psychotronic-man
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 418
Re: Now Available: Psychotronic Man!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 04:33:39 PM »
What the hell did I just watch!? Is the take away from this supposed to be that drinking hair products gives you super powers? Or makes you insane? Or both?

Online The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3744
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 04:38:32 PM »
What the hell did I just watch!? Is the take away from this supposed to be that drinking hair products gives you super powers? Or makes you insane? Or both?
Or maybe the whole thing is a near-death hallucination brought on by drinking haircare products.

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 114
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:43:42 PM »
Or maybe the whole thing is a near-death hallucination brought on by drinking haircare products.

After these reactions, I can't wait to watch this and see this in context.

So uh.... what is that thing in your forum avatar GIF?  It looks like some cross between a dandelion and a miscellaneous auto part.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 418
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 04:37:43 PM »

So uh.... what is that thing in your forum avatar GIF?  It looks like some cross between a dandelion and a miscellaneous auto part.

I can't speak for The Lurker, but I will say I like you Username :)

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 114
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 07:24:13 AM »

I can't speak for The Lurker, but I will say I like you Username :)

Thanks.  I used it once on a forum dedicated to 419 Scambaiting, but discovered quickly that there was an active and established user named "Master of Puppets".  Some of the members thought our names could lead to confusion and the moderators asked me to change it.  I wasn't attached to the name so I agreed, but the moderator didn't believe me when I told him that it was just a coincidence.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline dbsommer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »
What the hell did I just watch!?

Proof that Chicago was a city full of Tommy Wiseau's during this time period. No one had any idea how to make, or act in a movie, but they did it anyway.