Author Topic: Justice League Action on Cartoon Network  (Read 83 times)

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
Justice League Action on Cartoon Network
« on: September 05, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »
Anyone else still watching this? I completely forgot about it until recently and I think I'm currently caught up. For those who haven't it combines elements of both the Justice League animated series and Batman the Brave and the Bold. I don't think it's as good as either of those but the stories are fun and for the most part it's pretty watchable although it's aimed at a younger audience. I think the earlier episodes aren't as strong as some of the more recent. Some of the jokes don't work as well as others but for the most part the humor works well enough. For me the most impressive thing about the series is the collection of voice talent. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill return to their roles as Batman and the Joker respectively. Gilbert Gottfried even reprises his role as Mister Mxyzptlk. I like Patton Oswald as Space Cabbie, James Woods as Lex Luthor and Thomas Lennon was funny as the voice of the Amazo android. There are a ton of similar cameos through out the series. One of my favorites in a recent episode Jon Lovitz voiced Sid Sharp and Cloris Leachman voiced Granny Goodness.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison