Author Topic: Has this episode been taken down? And why?  (Read 160 times)

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
Has this episode been taken down? And why?
« on: June 13, 2017, 10:13:29 PM »
I was watching the following Youtube video...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oFx0t6mqI6c" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oFx0t6mqI6c</a>

...which lists Megaforce among the "0% on RT movies you should watch anyway". I was going to recommend this riff, but when I typed in rifftrax.com/megaforce, the link led to a message saying it was "currently unavailable". Likewise a search for Megaforce turns up nothing. Which is a real shame, because I thought it was one of their better episodes.

Anyone know why it was taken down?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Has this episode been taken down? And why?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 07:52:58 PM »
Almost certainly their rights expired.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 06:45:28 AM »
It seems odd that they would riff a movie that they only had the rights to for a year or so. But maybe they've just been chomping at the bit to riff this for a while.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 01:39:43 PM »
It seems odd that they would riff a movie that they only had the rights to for a year or so. But maybe they've just been chomping at the bit to riff this for a while.

Well, who knows? Maybe the majority of their sales on any riff occur in the first year, so it's worth it? Or maybe they just rely on the rights to these garbage films being easy to re-up, but the rights holder turned them down this time?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 01:53:29 PM »

Well, who knows? Maybe the majority of their sales on any riff occur in the first year, so it's worth it? Or maybe they just rely on the rights to these garbage films being easy to re-up, but the rights holder turned them down this time?
Yeah, I can see that.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »

I suppose that makes sense. Shame though. Like I said, I was trying to recommend the riff. But that's hard to do when there's no way to get it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 08:01:30 AM »

I suppose that makes sense. Shame though. Like I said, I was trying to recommend the riff. But that's hard to do when there's no way to get it.
If you gave them a copy, they could donate the cost of it on Rofftrax.com/donate