login

Author Topic: I Invite You to Tell Us What You Learned  (Read 638 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 443
I Invite You to Tell Us What You Learned
« on: June 09, 2017, 06:08:02 PM »
It's possible for the "star power" in your movie to consist of Clu Gulager and George Kennedy and absolutely not capitalize on it at all.

That, seemingly, two weeks passed during the course of this movie. 

People are surprisingly relaxed during a maritime crisis involving a killer cat.

I did not learn the relationship these characters had with one another beyond Evil Business Guy and George Kennedy.

I'll give the movie a pass on the gore effects.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 325
Re: I Invite You to Tell Us What You Learned
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 06:02:05 PM »
The best way to take out a possible blackmailer: Take him to the middle of the ocean, draw a gun on him, don't shoot him or throw him overboard, but drown him in a hot tub. Which you now have to clean for your imminent party.

Offline CJones

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 06:37:07 PM »
That cat has amazing box opening abilities. How does he keep getting in them?

Offline CJones

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 07:30:39 PM »
That, seemingly, two weeks passed during the course of this movie.

Yeah, how did they run out of fresh water so fast? They were going to the Cayman's from Miami. That's a 5 day trip at least, considering you have to go around Cuba. They had to have had at least enough for that. Much more assuming the Captain isn't an idiot.

Also...

You can totally rupture the hull of a yacht with a tiny hand gun.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »
I was more referencing that the number of day/night transitions seemed to be more plentiful than the time they supposedly had, weren't they only on Spring Break?

But, yeah, they went through the water fast.  Maybe it was also contaminated?  But on ships that travel on the ocean wouldn't you have with you desalinization methods?  Either with equipment or just by simply building a cistern?

Offline fodder650

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 07:29:59 AM »
 I learned that Clu Gallagher is really bad in a movie with false teeth. I thought he was bad in movies with his real teeth.
I learned that I miss bears in Riffrax movies.
I learned that having a numb arm is a turn on for women, who knew?
I learned that I was disgusted watching the cat having an alien furball several times. I thought this was going to be like maniac with the eye popping thing. Instead here it was so fake it was just kinda meh. Where with Manic it was a case of "Dear lord this was the thirties and might be real". See that's real horror.
I learned that George Kennedy is supposed to look like he can kick someone one third his ages ass? Wait, what?
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 06:01:34 PM »
I learned that someone can have a numb arm and first of all not be seriously concerned about their arm's "life" and whether or not it's getting adequate blood supply to remain usable not need be amputated.

That their first thought isn't to do "The Stranger."

Offline talulah gosh

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
    • thriftscores
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 01:55:58 PM »
I learned that my brother was most likely lead consultant on the script for this movie, as he sees every cat as a psychotic radioactive ball of fur with another, more evil, ball of fur that can be ejected from said cat's mouth when you least likely expect it.
Oddly specific, but 100% true, my friends; one hundred percent.

I also learned that as an owner of 7 cats, I actually own 14, if I inject them with radioactivity at my job at the vet.   Actually, I131 is used to cure hyperthyroidism in cats, so we may have an epidemic of radioactive cats on our hands. 

And I, for one, welcome our radioactive cat overlords, and would like to remind them as a trusted vet assistant, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their fields of catnip.

Offline talulah gosh

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • thriftscores
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 02:08:34 PM »
That cat has amazing box opening abilities. How does he keep getting in them?

Schrodinger's cat, obviously.  Does that make Schrodinger's law moot? Call the President of Physics, I have solved their problem!!!

/kinda stole that one from xkcd

Offline thomastrioxin

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 11:47:50 PM »
i learned that you can meet all the classy women at the marina  ;)
just when you thought it was safe to be dead

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 10
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 07:06:22 AM »
Only just started watching, but so far I learned that if you are doing experiments on cats which turns them into dangerous monsters, you should make sure to leave all the doors wide open.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.