Author Topic: MST3K Summer Tour  (Read 8243 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 262
Re: MST3K Summer Tour
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2017, 07:11:36 AM »
Thanks for the non-spoiler review. Now I'm starting to get excited about the show here in August.
While expensive, was there any merch outside of the obvious shirts and did you buy any?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5900
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2017, 07:12:43 AM »
I'm going to the show tonight in Philly. I wasn't planning on getting merchandise anyway, but I'm glad you mentioned it.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2017, 10:20:38 AM »
A few different tshirts, the Zazzle water bottle & coffee mug, winter hat, a $10 small poster, a $30 11x17ish foil (or something) poster, $10 pins (3 different ones), $90 spring snake, $200 laser cut wood standee of the bots on the bridge, $5 for a sticker the size of an iPhone 4...

Some Jonah Ray vinyl too

The $10 poster is the same style (but slightly bigger) than the one in the VIP tote bag.

I picked up 2 pins (a boneheads and a moon logo). I also have the bag, a VIP laminate, & a spring snake that made its way from the stage into the crowd. (MrTorso got it for me. He had one as well but Joel came by during intermission and took them back from the people in the front row. I escaped with mine since I was a few rows back)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 262
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2017, 11:09:24 AM »
$90 for a spring snake-ouch.
The wife is into pins, but I'll likely pass on the merch other than the bag and the poster that came with the ticket package. Might think about a t-shirt, but I still haven't worn my backer t-shirt.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2017, 08:32:18 PM »
No one has spilled the beans on the secret film?  Come on internet!!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5900
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »
I went to the first show last night, EEGAH. It was a great show. I really hope they use the new riff for Eegah in the next season. They had host segments and everything for it. The new riff was really good, about on par with the original. I still wish they would reriff episodes that need improvement, rather than classics. I noticed a lot of extended singing riffs in this, which was nice. I didn't notice any issue with Tom's voice, although that could be that I haven't settled in to Baron being a definitive Tom Servo yet.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2017, 02:41:05 PM »
No one has spilled the beans on the secret film?  Come on internet!!

Apparently it's
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 174
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2017, 10:11:36 PM »
So I just came back from the secret MST3K Live! show, and I have to say I LOVE it! They seemingly fixed every legitimate thing people have been complaining about Season 11 (e.g. Riffs too fast, Riffs seeming unnatural and manufactured, Host Segments too short, Kinga not seeming evil enough, Tom Servo sounding too much like Crow and Jonah, etc. etc.). If anything, it really felt like I was, to paraphrase the thimbleweed park kickstarter, "like opening up a drawer and discovering a never-before-seen, uncirculated, classic MST3K tape".

That wasn't even the best part. Joel passed by my seat and I said hi and I showed him the lock screen from my iPhone, which is this:

Even so, he said that he doesn't remember me. I forgive him, even though it is the third time we ever met…

Also, Frank Conniff was in the audience and we talked for a bit. Also, Eliot Kalan, the head writer was there as was Opus Moreschi, a writer for the show who also wrote for the Colbert Réport and then the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. It was great getting to go over some concerns I had over the new episodes with them (such as one I had in "The Beast of Hollow Mountain").

I had such a great time that it really made me wish I saw the Eegah show too. :(
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 10:23:32 PM by Iron Curtain »

Offline myothernamewastaken2

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »
Lost my password and couldn't figure out which email address I used so not technically a new user.  Anyway, for those that have gone to the live shows, have any of the cast members done any kind of signing afterwards (or beforehand)?  It took me years to complete my MST3K autograph project, and then they had to go and do a new season!  I know in the past the Rifftrax gang has come out before shows and signed, and the Cinematic Titanic members sat down in the lobby and signed for anyone that wanted it, but with the various ticket packages and stuff, and the mention of the merch table with no cast members present, I've got a bad feeling about this. . .

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2017, 10:02:49 PM »
The VIP meet and greets don't offer any chance for autographs. It was like an assembly line. Quick handshakes and very fast small talk, they take your pic and then move on to the next.   at my show in Boston, Jonah came out to the merch table after the meet and greet and was signing copies of his vinyl release and I was able to talk more to him then. Don't know if he is doing that at all the stops.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2017, 11:32:14 PM »
The VIP meet and greets don't offer any chance for autographs. It was like an assembly line. Quick handshakes and very fast small talk, they take your pic and then move on to the next.   at my show in Boston, Jonah came out to the merch table after the meet and greet and was signing copies of his vinyl release and I was able to talk more to him then. Don't know if he is doing that at all the stops.

Ugh.  That doesn't sound very good.  Thanks for the info.  I was kind of hoping for the old days where they'd come out and sign afterwards.  I'll keep an eye on the merch table though.  Hopefully I don't have to buy an LP in order to get him to sign some photos as I have nothing on which to play vinyl!

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2017, 07:51:50 PM »
Both shows were great!  I have to say the Super Secret Surprise Show was fantastic and wouldn't mind seeing it again.  If anyone from here was at the second show last night in Chicago, I'm the guy who asked, "When can we look forward to seeing the next season?" 

As for the autographs, it was a 100% success!  I would be done with my new MST3K project if Felicia and Baron were there (already got Patton not too long ago when he was in town).  Got everyone else last night coming out of the theater except Jonah and Joel who slipped out.  But I ended up lucking out and running into them both on the street at separate times.  They were all super cool and nice!

But seriously, bring on season 12!!!!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2017, 10:26:51 PM »
...If anyone from here was at the second show last night in Chicago, I'm the guy who asked, "When can we look forward to seeing the next season?"...

What was the answer?

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2017, 09:45:43 PM »
...If anyone from here was at the second show last night in Chicago, I'm the guy who asked, "When can we look forward to seeing the next season?"...

What was the answer?

He basically said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "yes, you can look forward to a new season, you can look forward as much as you want, but we haven't started one."  That's a very bad paraphrase.  He joked about saying sure you can look forward to it, but nothing's in the works yet.  He did go on to say that they currently have a 100% rotten tomatoes rating, and that currently they're the number one show on Netflix, so all of that bodes well for another season.  Someone followed up by asking what we can do to help make sure there's another one, and Joel said we should leave positive reviews on Netflix as he believes they keep track of that (but to be honest I'm not sure how one does that).  I wish he simply said, "Yes!  As soon as we're done with the tour we're going to start filming," but I'm guessing it's more likely than not that there will be more. 

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 174
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2017, 02:09:31 AM »

What was the answer?

He basically said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "yes, you can look forward to a new season, you can look forward as much as you want, but we haven't started one."  That's a very bad paraphrase.  He joked about saying sure you can look forward to it, but nothing's in the works yet.  He did go on to say that they currently have a 100% rotten tomatoes rating, and that currently they're the number one show on Netflix, so all of that bodes well for another season.  Someone followed up by asking what we can do to help make sure there's another one, and Joel said we should leave positive reviews on Netflix as he believes they keep track of that (but to be honest I'm not sure how one does that).  I wish he simply said, "Yes!  As soon as we're done with the tour we're going to start filming," but I'm guessing it's more likely than not that there will be more.

I predict they will announce Season 12 at San Diego Comic Con. There is far more evidence that there's going to be a Season 12 than not. I'd say a greater than 75% chance, even! Why would Netflix go through all the trouble of promoting the show at San Diego Comic Con if they were going to cancel it?