login

Author Topic: Gotham  (Read 5378 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2498
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Gotham
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »
I thought Jada was awesome, and the war brewing between her and Penguin is probably the element I'm most looking forward to from here.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1007
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »

What cracked me up was seeing the dude from the Fresh Beat Band in it

See, the thing that annoyed me about that scene was his joke. It's one of Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts" from SNL.

And I'm in the "okay, but it'd be better if they weren't giving winks to continuity every few moments" camp. Although I've heard that they went overboard with it in the first episode on purpose to keep the studio exec's interest and plan to tone it down in future episodes. Cobblepot was great though.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 05:27:22 PM »
I knew I recognized that joke from somewhere but didn't place it. They could have come up with something original, but then again I guess he was supposed to be playing a nervous hack.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 06:50:12 PM »
Didn't watch the pilot yet, so I don't know what joke he stole but I hope it is this one.

"I've always been afraid of clowns. I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad."

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 06:57:44 PM »
I knew I recognized that joke from somewhere but didn't place it. They could have come up with something original, but then again I guess he was supposed to be playing a nervous hack.

That was my thought as well.

Soguru

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »
I haven't even had so much as the teensiest little desire to watch this yet for fear of it feeling like another Smallville. Please tell me this is far and away much better without all the dumbass teenage angst.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 03:47:24 PM »
I haven't even had so much as the teensiest little desire to watch this yet for fear of it feeling like another Smallville. Please tell me this is far and away much better without all the dumbass teenage angst.

Haven't watched the second episode yet, but so far it focuses on the detectives rather than the kids.  So far no Smallville/Arrow love triangle drama.

jonalame

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 04:37:24 PM »
I'm starting to like this show. I like Jim Gordon, I really like Harvey Bullock, I like little Bruce, I like Alfred's firey personality(Perhaps this version of Alfred was also in MI6, like the animated series version, or some such?)I really like the Penguin and how no one takes him seriously and how frustrating this is for him. Jada Pinkett Smith is surprisingly good. The girl who plays Selena is a little to campy with her "cat-like" mannerisms, but that is just a nitpick.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 04:09:23 AM »
I'm starting to like this show. I like Jim Gordon, I really like Harvey Bullock, I like little Bruce, I like Alfred's firey personality(Perhaps this version of Alfred was also in MI6, like the animated series version, or some such?)I really like the Penguin and how no one takes him seriously and how frustrating this is for him. Jada Pinkett Smith is surprisingly good. The girl who plays Selena is a little to campy with her "cat-like" mannerisms, but that is just a nitpick.

It might be simplistic, but I love seeing every horrible act put Oswald in just a slightly higher position.  From limping down the street penniless to a new job with a few hundred dollars all from slashing a few throats, seeing his confidence grow more and more.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6492
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 09:24:15 PM »

Russell AKA Soguru

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 11:36:45 AM »
Is it just me or does he look like a deflated Ronald Reagan?
...Well...

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 214
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2019, 09:22:17 PM »
So, the series finally aired...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My only hope is someone with brains at FOX, or some other network, brings back the entire cast five years from now for a proper Batman series.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2019, 06:37:56 PM »
I agree. The finale was a steaming turd. I enjoyed the series all along the way til that one. (Flaws and all)

What my wife & I were saying was that we would love to see a Penguin And Riddler spin off. That would be fun.