Author Topic: Sit your sister down and tell us what you learned  (Read 581 times)

Offline fodder650

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
Sit your sister down and tell us what you learned
« on: March 10, 2017, 06:47:07 PM »
I guess we learned that Ator and the Flash TV show have a lot in common with the whole marrying your not sister thing.
At minute 55 we learn that this is movie one of three. Which was news to me. So apparently we have one more of these to go. I'm guessing it's the middle movie. Since Ator has a lot to learn before getting to Cave Dwellers. He's an idiot in here. Where's he is supposed to be a genius in that one. Which is debatable.
We learn that spiders make awesome pets. Really go get some tarantulas. They are better than house cats apparently.
We learned the jail and the shield make a reappearance in both Ator movies. You did notice this right?
I noticed this one had a much lower budget. It had a much more early eighties feel to it. Kind of like it wanted to Conan /shrug
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:48:56 PM by fodder650 »
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
Re: Sit your sister down and tell us what you learned
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 02:14:38 PM »
I learned Miles O'Keeffe is the actor to go to when you plan to shoot half your scenes in caves.

Bear cubs are unbelievably loyal.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 07:19:16 AM »
Looking up Wikipedia, it actually looks like Cave Dwellers (A.K.A. The Blademaster, A.K.A. Ator 2, l'invincible) is next in this series, and then there were two competeing third movies. A new director made "Iron Warrior" which flat out contradicted the entire Ator backstory, then the first director made another one ignoring Iron Warrior called many different titles (Ator III: The Hobgoblin, The Hobgoblin, and Quest for the Mighty Sword). This actually featured the son of Ator, and is the only O'Keefe-less Ator movie.

Also, the hobgoblin in question reused a costume from Troll 2...so wow. It was even called Troll 3 in Germany.

From the movie itself, I learned that romance with your not-sister seems exciting, but short-lived, since she's gone by the next movie and replaced by a guy named Thong.

I also learned that caves are mostly just cave entrances and greenhouses.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline fodder650

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 11:38:05 AM »
Wait one dang minute Roninfox. Are you saying there is a movie out there that combines Ator and Troll 2 and we haven't gotten it yet!?
Oh please tell me this is public domain or why it wasn't added to the kickstarter.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 11:49:35 AM »
Wait one dang minute Roninfox. Are you saying there is a movie out there that combines Ator and Troll 2 and we haven't gotten it yet!?
Oh please tell me this is public domain or why it wasn't added to the kickstarter.

Cinema Snob reviewed it a few years ago:
http://www.thecinemasnob.com/the-cinema-snob/troll-3-part-2

Offline emperorcupcake522

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 11:58:55 AM »
Quest for the Mighty Sword, AKA Troll 3, is the final Ator movie, though sadly there's no Keeffe in it at all. Cinema Snob and Phelous both reviewed it, I hope Rifftrax does it too.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 02:21:06 PM »
Not even one mile o'Keefe?
<a href="http://tinyurl.com/5nx4dh" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://tinyurl.com/5nx4dh</a>

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 04:07:39 PM »
Not even an inch o'Keefe.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 04:43:13 PM »
I learned that Ator the Fighting Eagle is the Unabridged version of the Old Guy's Flashback from Cave Dwellers. Oh and that spider bleed Kool aid.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 09:17:54 PM »

Cinema Snob reviewed it a few years ago:
http://www.thecinemasnob.com/the-cinema-snob/troll-3-part-2

OMG, Please PLEASE, for the love of all that is unholy, make this Riff happen!

Offline dbsommer

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »
That blind warriors are more difficult to kill than one that can see.

That magic shields have the same effect on spider gods that a magnifying glass does.

That I will root for the attractive female side kick much harder than the actual hero.

That some shots can be so out of focus that that hot naked chick might be a sasquatch for all you know, and Mike can go either way with it.