Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 1742 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 03:18:47 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Friend codes make a return on the Switch.

http://nintendotoday.com/switch-friend-codes/

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »
News about the Switch just gets worse and worse. Turns out the Joy Cons' connection to the system is really easily interrupted and in general aren't comfortable to use. Since the pro controller is an extra $70, that's a pretty big deal.
Travel back to a time when wenches were simple, ones were dark, and kings greeted you with a smile. IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 NOW AVAILABLE from QuipTracks!

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 04:20:37 PM »
News about the Switch just gets worse and worse. Turns out the Joy Cons' connection to the system is really easily interrupted and in general aren't comfortable to use. Since the pro controller is an extra $70, that's a pretty big deal.

The opinion on the comfort of the controllers seems to vary wildly - I've seen both love and hate for them.
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »
Well I settled up at Gamestop and got #2. Now all I have to do is head over there near Midnight, get in line, and I'll be out with my Switch and Zelda in  no time. :^)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 07:44:47 PM »
the Zelda reviews are certainly ridiculously high.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2017, 01:14:59 AM »
Well, I've breathed in a tiny bit of the wild. It's an awesome Zelda game. It evokes a little of the old magic. "You're link. This is Hyrule. Grab the first weapon you can get your hands on and start saving it. Figure it out."

As for the switch itself, I like it. I've played mostly through my TV and didn't run into any of the reported controller connection problems, so far.  Docking and undocking the system is fairly easy and the controllers slip into their spots firmly. Everything is super light weight and comfortable to hold.

I feel a tiny bit underwhelmed because I'm used to having something besides the games to mess around with in my Nintendo systems. There's no plaza to greet me with random Miis squeaking and intermingling. No fun little built-in metagames to toy with. No weather apps or news feeds. It plays games. And I guess that's all I need it to do, but I've grown accustomed to having little diversions and curiosities to fiddle with in my Nintendo systems. It helps me get attached to them. Of course, the system is young and who knows what the interface will be like by the time it reaches the end of its life.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2017, 11:35:25 PM »
Definitely rushed out to get sales for the quarter.