Top 50 Giants
1 (9.1%)
Top 50 MST3K Costumes
0 (0%)
Top 50 Post-Apocalyptic or Utopian Futures
0 (0%)
Top 50 Movies Featuring Santa Claus
5 (45.5%)
Top 50 Wizards, Magicians, Witches, etc. (Magic Users)
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 10, 2016, 12:40:35 AM

Author Topic: Vote for the 98th List of Crap!  (Read 1308 times)

Johnny Unusual

Vote for the 98th List of Crap!
« on: November 06, 2016, 01:40:35 AM »
Time to vote for the topic you want to see!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Vote for the 98th List of Crap!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 06:42:55 AM »
Go Magicians.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 07:40:55 AM »
Also, fictional magicians (using that term since it just means magic worker) or ones in the real world, like my dear old Uncle Al?

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 07:52:32 AM »

And to answer your question, ALL of the above.  Any form of magic user whether he use sleight of hand or harnessing infinite cosmic powers.

So illusionists, wizards, sorcerers, witches, warlocks, necromancers, mages, alchemists, bards, scryers, and mindfreaks.

Also, magic worker makes it sounds like they work at a depressing wand factory for minimum mana.  Also, they really DO owe their souls to the company store.  But hey, that's what you expect when your foreman is Thulsa Doom.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 08:23:55 AM »
Also, magic worker makes it sounds like they work at a depressing wand factory for minimum mana. 
Not if you legitimately are an occultist....

So Stage also counts then, this is going to be supes varied...

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 03:51:17 AM »
This could be a tie.  If that's the case, I think we should A) do both and B) have a little bit of schedule overlap for the sake of seasonal appropriateness.  Assuming the vote isn't tipped (which it may well be), is that cool with everyone?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6506
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 05:55:39 AM »
Ironically there is a little overlap, since Santa would be considered a magic user.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 01:19:39 AM »
OK, so it looks like we'll be doing both.  I'll talk to Stethacantus to decide when he wants to start the Santa topic.

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 217
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 07:00:13 AM »
Since this is an unusual split vote, how about the Santa topic not being a numbered LoC but a "Special Holiday Edition". Unless the idea is to get to the #100 LoC before the Trumpageddon begins.

I'm thinking of opening the topic on or around Thanksgiving with a hard deadline around December 15th and the entire LoC published on December the 25th. The unusually long deadline will be to take into account that people will be working on and submitting more than one LoC list at the same time, that the Holiday season may be hectic and busy for some members, that at the moment we are all still a bit shocked and upset at the election results and not in much of a mood to be thinking about an LoC, let alone two, and that while I already have a come up with 25-26 spell casters for the 98th LoC, I discovered that the Santa list will be unusually hard. Not that there are not enough movies with Santa in them. There are plenty. But there are not that many memorable films with Santa, and two thirds are memorable for the wrong reasons. So the Santa LoC is going to be one you would need a longer time to come up with a list.

One question on the Magician/Wizard/Spell Caster LoC. Do Aliens who do magic count? Or is that and all telepathy considered  science fiction and not magic?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:13:23 AM by stethacantus »

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »
That sounds good to me.  Except you can go ahead and number your topic.  When we hit 100 the odometer flips over, so we can do topics we haven't done in a almost a decade.  I mean, I guess we could have done that before, no one stopping you, but I sure as heck want to do some of these topics again.

As for magic aliens, I'll cover that when I post the deal.