login

Author Topic: Marvel Shared Film Universe: MCU Theatrical & TV (discussion, crossovers, etc.)  (Read 42279 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3176
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
If one knows they'll subscribe to Disney+, and can afford the upfront charge ($70), this is a great deal.
You Can Preorder Disney Plus For Less Than $4 A Month
What? So on November 12th I have to pay $70 up front to get Disney plus?!

Only if  you want the discount, and pay up front for 3 years, and first you have to join the Disney fan club D23 (apparently you can join the free version of the club and still get an invite for the discount).  Also you have to pre-order by September 2 to get the discount.

Basically do all that and get 3 years of D+ for the cost of one year, or about $2 a month off the regular price.

AND live in the US, I assume?

Looks like that is the case, from the fine print below the banner announcing the offer:
Valid for US residents with US payment method only

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3410
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Always the way.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1132
As long as I can watch the Mandalorian, I will happily pay the whatever amount a month... as long as that whatever amount doesn't make me poor... I mean poorer. As it is I'll probably have to cancel my subscription to Amazon Prime so I can afford Disney+.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"
“I have no issues calling you a fucking moron. That's not dehumanizing you.”

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5065
We're into the "holy shit this is amazing!" realm of MCU TV/Disney+ production [blue text are links]:

Marvel Studios Reportedly Developing A Dozen More Properties for Disney+.  Yes, these are beyond the ones already announced!

According to other stories [main page here, since many have individual articles and I just don't feel like including that many links, or summarizing that much: https://mcuexchange.com/] these series apparently may include an animated Power Pack series, and a Young Avengers series.

In addition, we have a Hellstrom series coming on Hulu, to go with their Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes as played by Gabriel Luna) series there.  With a couple other horror-type series that are in the works, they will collectively be called Adventures Into Fear.

[Now I'm off to modify the 'upcoming' section of my MCU Index post.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5693
We're also getting a lot of old Marvel shows, including the 90s X-Men and Spider-Man shows.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Well... this sucks....

'New Warriors' Fails To Find Network And Has Been Dropped

After years of waiting, news has finally broke from Geeks WorldWide that some may have been dreading. Since New Warriors has been unable to find a network, it has officially been dropped. Despite high-level executives apparently loving the un-aired pilot for the show, it couldn’t find a network to call home. They even shopped it at Disney+ and Hulu, but were turned away. We don’t have any idea then why it couldn’t secure a network, since it seemed to be so well received.

Couldn’t have been for budgetary reasons, since the show was described as a half-hour docu-comedy in the vein of The Office. Regardless, it’s a sad situation all around for the cast and showrunner, Kevin Biegel, who seemed quite passionate about the prospective show. Whatever the future may hold for these characters, I’m sure it’s not the last we’ll hear from them.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6634
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Well... this sucks....

'New Warriors' Fails To Find Network And Has Been Dropped

After years of waiting, news has finally broke from Geeks WorldWide that some may have been dreading. Since New Warriors has been unable to find a network, it has officially been dropped. Despite high-level executives apparently loving the un-aired pilot for the show, it couldn’t find a network to call home. They even shopped it at Disney+ and Hulu, but were turned away. We don’t have any idea then why it couldn’t secure a network, since it seemed to be so well received.

Couldn’t have been for budgetary reasons, since the show was described as a half-hour docu-comedy in the vein of The Office. Regardless, it’s a sad situation all around for the cast and showrunner, Kevin Biegel, who seemed quite passionate about the prospective show. Whatever the future may hold for these characters, I’m sure it’s not the last we’ll hear from them.
I'll probably have to check that out on a bootleg from a convention.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3932
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Man, I would have thought that would be the EXACT kind of show that Disney+ would want to jump on.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3410
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Man, I would have thought that would be the EXACT kind of show that Disney+ would want to jump on.

Yeah, it seems like a weird thing for D+ to pass on. Maybe it was going to be too expensive or something?
FINE

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 185
I want to see my favorite Marvel graphic novel Triumph and Torment translated to the big screen; Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom battle Mephisto in hell to save Doom's mother's soul.

Either that or Emperor Doom where Dr Doom succeeds in taking over the world. 

Or Secret Wars!  Doom becomes god.

Ok, anything with Dr Doom...done right of course.  They have NOT done Doom right.  Don't get me started.  He's the ultimate apex comic book villain with no inherent super powers other than what he achieves with raw intellect and willpower.  How cool is THAT. 

Johnny Unusual

On the plus side (if I may cross-post)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6634
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
I'm not surprised. It seemed inevitable they would work something out.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1132
I was thinking the same exact thing, there's billions of dollars at stake, the fact that they would reach a deal was kind of inevitable.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"
“I have no issues calling you a fucking moron. That's not dehumanizing you.”

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
I'm not surprised. It seemed inevitable they would work something out.
I don't get anything at all from that GIF by itself that Spider-Man is in the MCU again.  Heck, the GIF might've been for Spider-Man: Far from Home, or could be just a clip from one of the films, period (i.e. with no 'ulterior motive' behind it existing).