login

Author Topic: Marvel Shared Film Universe: MCU Theatrical & TV (discussion, crossovers, etc.)  (Read 38407 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2911
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
I wonder if the pilot for Most Wanted will ever see the light of day? An extra on an Agents of SHIELD set maybe?

I hope so! I really wanted to see that show get picked up.

Ditto. I am shocked they couldn't make it work. :/
FINE

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1516
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
And now we have a 4 week wait until the next SHIELD episode... :(

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4928
I wonder if the pilot for Most Wanted will ever see the light of day? An extra on an Agents of SHIELD set maybe?

And to top that off, because they anticipated them being occupied with their own series, they burned bridges so thoroughly that the two couldn't come back to Agents of SHIELD without their leaving being trivialized. :(
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty

And to top that off, because they anticipated them being occupied with their own series, they burned bridges so thoroughly that the two couldn't come back to Agents of SHIELD without their leaving being trivialized. :(

While everyone was campaigning for Agent Carter to be picked up by Netflix, I was hoping Mockingbird would be. If nothing else, she'd fit in great with the Defenders Universe they have going.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes

I am actually grateful for this.  Because the Darkholde is apparently a big deal in the Doctor Strange film, and what happens there will in turn affect Agents of SHIELD, it means that I have a few weeks in which I can hopefully build up the capacity to go and see Doctor Strange soon.  [I've read that the 3D in it is far better than in Marvel's previous films, and that it adds a lot to the storytelling, so I plan to see it in IMAX 3D.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty

I am actually grateful for this.  Because the Darkholde is apparently a big deal in the Doctor Strange film, and what happens there will in turn affect Agents of SHIELD, it means that I have a few weeks in which I can hopefully build up the capacity to go and see Doctor Strange soon.  [I've read that the 3D in it is far better than in Marvel's previous films, and that it adds a lot to the storytelling, so I plan to see it in IMAX 3D.]

There is no mention of the Darkhold in Dr Strange.

As yet, I have seen no connection.
FINE

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4852
Any nods to Shuma Gorath?

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
None that I caught.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes

There is no mention of the Darkhold in Dr Strange.

As yet, I have seen no connection.

Cool.  It was Jed Whedon in THIS article that said that AoS and DrS were tied closely together with the 'boxes' (all that was revealed at that point, though I believe 'the book' was also mentioned in another article I read) connecting with Doctor Strange, and that the film would then affect Agents of SHIELD.  [The latter is almost a given anyway, with film-to-TV history for the MCU consistently demonstrating that.]

When re-reading the article, it wasn't as clear-cut as I'd remembered.  Jed said:
We are introducing a different supernatural element of the MCU, which happens to coincide with the release of Doctor Strange. So that’s what’s in the box — we can’t tell you, but something along those lines…I think you will be rewarded for [watching both Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Doctor Strange]. Some of the questions that we’re asking right at the top will be answered by the film and directly after the film. We’re starting to explore some of the same worlds.
That does NOT say the box contents themselves cross with Doctor Strange, just that, "some of the questions that we’re asking right at the top will be answered by the film and directly after the film".  So the ideas from SHIELD cross over and are "answered" in the film, more so than items themselves... or at least that's the way I'm now reading that.

I must have been more out of it than I thought when I read that originally, as generally if I remember something at all it is more accurate than what I thought.  [Unless the other article, which I can't yet find, where they mentioned 'the book' specifically, said something that retroactively altered my memory of what Jed Whedon had said.]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:26:57 AM by LucasM »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes

Two things: they should have added an extra 's' to make it 'Assguardian'.  And the person posting it should have written, "And here it is for posteriority".

EDIT: OK, three things: Charmin also could have (but wouldn't have) said, "With our otherworldly softness, we make thure you don't have a Thore ass after wiping."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:26:09 AM by LucasM »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Wondering where that Inhumans movie has gone? Well.....

LOS ANGELES — One of Marvel Entertainment’s most sprawling superhero mythologies, the Inhumans, is headed to the small screen in a major way.

But the Inhuman likes of Black Bolt, Crystal and Lockjaw, the teleporting dog, will first appear on big screens. As in the biggest.

Imax Corporation, Marvel and the ABC broadcast network announced a partnership on Monday to introduce — and finance — a lavish new television series that will focus on the Inhuman royal family. Under the agreement, a version that combines the initial two episodes of “Marvel’s The Inhumans,” shot entirely with Imax cameras, will play exclusively for two weeks next September on Imax screens worldwide.

Shortly thereafter, the episodes — edited to include additional scenes — will run on ABC, with new installments unspooling in typical prime-time fashion. (The look of the series on TV will be enhanced due to Imax technology.)

So TV episodes shown on IMAX and then back to TV.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
Huh.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Wondering where that Inhumans movie has gone? Well.....

LOS ANGELES — One of Marvel Entertainment’s most sprawling superhero mythologies, the Inhumans, is headed to the small screen in a major way.

But the Inhuman likes of Black Bolt, Crystal and Lockjaw, the teleporting dog, will first appear on big screens. As in the biggest.

Imax Corporation, Marvel and the ABC broadcast network announced a partnership on Monday to introduce — and finance — a lavish new television series that will focus on the Inhuman royal family. Under the agreement, a version that combines the initial two episodes of “Marvel’s The Inhumans,” shot entirely with Imax cameras, will play exclusively for two weeks next September on Imax screens worldwide.

Shortly thereafter, the episodes — edited to include additional scenes — will run on ABC, with new installments unspooling in typical prime-time fashion. (The look of the series on TV will be enhanced due to Imax technology.)

So TV episodes shown on IMAX and then back to TV.

Good news, I think.  But if they turn it into a 'King of Queens'-type show ;D, I'll be very upset.  [Y'know: cuz Black Bolt is King, and Medusa is Queen.... (<crickets>)]

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1516
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Could be cool. I think the Inhumans lends itself better to a series rather than a single movie.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Could be cool. I think the Inhumans lends itself better to a series rather than a single movie.

Agree.

In thinking about it (for all of maybe 2-3 minutes) my personal preference would be for a less broadcast/prime-timey venue.  Though CBS is too 'gentle' (i.e. needing to be a bit too mainstream for the unusual kinds of stories I think the Inhumans demand), I think Netflix's Marvel would be too dark for it, and Freeform [Cloak and Dagger] is aimed too young... we need a Goldilocks zone for serialized Marvel TV properties to be adult-complex without being soul-wrenchingly dark.