Author Topic: Reunion Show Thoughts and Impressions  (Read 5413 times)

Offline Rowsdower34

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 4
Re: Reunion Show Thoughts and Impressions
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 08:28:18 PM »
Hey everyone!

First post on the forums. This was my first time seeing Riffrax Live and basically Rifftrax at all (only have seen them during the Nat Geo specials). Anyway, loved the MST3K reunion. It was hilarious throughout. Watched it at the theater in Knoxville, TN.

I'm definitely going to see the next Rifftrax Live and will be checking out some of the movies on the site.

Peace.

Offline DrKlahn

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 02:15:14 PM »
The wife and I have attended every Rifftrax Live from Reefer Madness to present except Sharknado 1 (we've seen all of them on video though). This was our first show being there in person and my what a fantastic one to be present for. The energy and sheer happiness of the crowd was amazing. Like others have said it was very emotional to see these folks in person. I didn't really think there was a weak link the whole night. Frank deserves a special mention. He was just great and really seemed to love us. So anyone on staff reading this please pass along a very heartfelt thanks for a truly special evening.

Prince of Space were you towards the front by the camera boom? We saw someone waving a Servo from where we sat. Also I can't believe they didn't make a "murder of crows" joke with Bill and Trace riffing beside one another.
Building my fighting force of extraordinary magnitude

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 08:45:14 PM »
This is the second of only two shows I didn't see 'Live' live originally (but of those two, this was because I waited for friends; Time Chasers I flat out missed the day to go), but while I was chuckling the whole night, Trace and Frank stole the show.  Our whole theater was cackling and bent over at the More Dates with Kay.  Not only was it an incredibly goofy short to begin with (which certainly helped), I thought their pacing, their timing, and most of all, their gags, were almost all right on target.  It was a beautiful thing to watch.

I do think the Joel and Jonah segment was the least funny of the night.  I can tell he has enthusiasm and his voice sounds like it'll be fine to hear in the theater, but Jonah sounded like he was trying too hard (I assume he had major jitters, being onstage with all the veterans).  Still, the actual short itself had one of the best lines of the line-up, where it said something (paraphrasing here) about attractive people being those we select to govern us.  What the heck was THAT all about?  And the Joel hair line (pun not intended originally, but I'll take it now) was pretty good.  And the weird, Edward Scissorhands-like hairdresser (why didn't they make a joke about that?  It seemed really obvious and they went with Frankenstein the whole way).

Still, the whole two and a half hour extravaganza was worth it, top to bottom.  All my nitpicks are small compared to a fine, fine evening all around.  The ladies taking on extra angry Darren McGavin, the Talking Car, the reduxs, the 'Best of' clip (Your Pal Friendatine is still making me laugh)...all brilliant.  Oh, and buy stamps.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 11:41:59 PM »
Some griping from me- Went to see the rebroadcast at a different theater and theater chain (this one is marginally closer to me than my usual place.) This place has been fine in the past on their Fathom stuff. This time? Started the broadcast at about 7:40. Annoying, but not major. But they also started with the start of the pre-show at that time, so by the time that the event started, it was 8:06. Given that the Reunion was a bit long to begin with, I ended up spending close to 3 hours in the damn theater.  I was not terribly pleased.

Offline Bahana

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 02:48:33 PM »
Saw it last night. Enjoyed most of the shorts but Superman Stamp Collecting could have been cut without hurting the show. It started to drag for me at about the 2 hour mark. My favorite was the dating short with Frank and Trace and the "grass weaving crafts" has to be seen to be believed.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 237
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »
Just watched the press conference that took place the day before the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjHXXX288zQ
I enjoyed it more than the actual event. 

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3615
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »
Just watched the press conference that took place the day before the show:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IjHXXX288zQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IjHXXX288zQ</a>
I enjoyed it more than the actual event.
:o