login

Author Topic: Volume levels?  (Read 2261 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Volume levels?
« on: June 20, 2016, 11:42:54 AM »
Anyone else having volume issues with this one?

I have to crank the volume to hear the movie audio then the Riffs are blasting for me!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
Re: Volume levels?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 05:12:18 PM »
I don't know if it's because the movie audio is too low, but one of the first things I noticed is that it's awfully hard to understand what people are saying.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 06:18:55 PM »
I'll have to try it on a different system and see...
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 07:05:57 PM »
Yes...and I am also having issues where the movie can be loud and the riffers are too far back, making it difficult to hear what they are saying. Sometimes they whisper things, or speak in lower hushed voices.  I can provide examples, if needed.

I had a similar experience with the Hillbillys VOD.  :-\

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 06:03:21 AM »
No need for examples, I'll take a look.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »
 I'm working on this but in the meantime try the ISO - that file doesn't get touched by the other process.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:39:11 PM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 04:33:15 PM »
It seems to me the movie's audio is muddy and rough. Not to surprising for this level of production; but it made most of the movie hard to understand and to "grasp" the characters and their motivations. (What there were of them.)  The riffing audio was fine; the movie itself was just murky. It sounded like listening to your neighbor's moderately-volumed stereo through the shared wall in an apartment.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 04:41:01 PM »
Upon reviewing for most of the day and getting multiple ears on it, there isn't anything wrong with what we have up and that it very much depends on how you're listening/watching. The ISO file is normalized lower and may be more friendly to some audio setups.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 05:05:10 AM »
Is there a recommended way to listen & watch them?

Offline Wolfwhosings

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 04:45:18 PM »
As another data point, streaming it from my library through my Chromecast has the same problem. Streaming it to my desktop computer from my library is also pretty unbalanced. I don't have this problem with any other film thus far.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 06:18:27 PM »
I wish I could get my hands on the MP3 commentary and original soundtrack files.  :-\

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 308
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 11:33:05 AM »
Watched last night and thought, man, my headphones or my ears are getting bad. I guess it's not just me.