Author Topic: Looks like we lost the wizards.  (Read 10317 times)

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Looks like we lost the wizards.
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 05:14:12 PM »
Wonder if they had to use a different version (with a different soundtrack) or if they just had to pay someone else for rights?
FINE

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2016, 05:27:26 PM »
It's Back! Just bought it :o
http://www.rifftrax.com/node/4008031/play

And now gone again?  I don't see it anywhere. Sucks. I didn't have a chance to grab it.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3900
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2016, 05:48:07 PM »
It's Back! Just bought it :o
http://www.rifftrax.com/node/4008031/play

And now gone again?  I don't see it anywhere. Sucks. I didn't have a chance to grab it.
You sure ??? I just double checked and it's still there :-\

Nope.. Now it's gone from my library as well.. WTF is going on with this one ???
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:50:31 PM by RVR II »

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2016, 07:46:32 PM »
It also looks like When A Stranger Calls Back is gone. I just tried to search for it and it brought up a bunch of random riffs and not that one. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2016, 07:57:26 PM »
It also looks like When A Stranger Calls Back is gone. I just tried to search for it and it brought up a bunch of random riffs and not that one. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

http://www.rifftrax.com/when-a-stranger-calls-back

If you are logged in, I think it hides the ones you own?
FINE

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2016, 09:09:25 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/when-a-stranger-calls-back

What do you know. I've never had that happen before. Glad to be proven wrong in this instance.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 309
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2016, 03:47:25 PM »
This sucks. I didn't pick up Wizard.
 I'm for sure downloading Samurai Cop on the day it's released. Just in case.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 08:17:26 AM »
Let us know how the quality of the DVD is. My guess is its a first generation VHS transfer upconverted to DVD.

So yeah, it's a DVD-R of the VHS transfer, not a bad labeling job on the disc itself and the cover art is fantastic. No menu(s), chapters are spaced out exactly 5 minutes apart, but at least the audio is in good shape.

Offline Sajiky

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2016, 12:59:11 PM »
Some don't always show up correctly in the libraries.  I bought the 3 in one package deal for star wars 1-3 and now it no longer shows up in my regular library list, and it also won't show up in the global catalog of all RiffTrax offerings.  Nor do they show up individually.

The only place I can find them is if I look at my purchase library (the list that shows your purchases in order you made each purchases).  I forget it every time I want to watch them and I have to go hunting all overt the place before I figure it out again (in fairness thats more on me,  narcotics not so good for the memory).

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2016, 08:29:22 PM »
Some don't always show up correctly in the libraries.  I bought the 3 in one package deal for star wars 1-3 and now it no longer shows up in my regular library list, and it also won't show up in the global catalog of all RiffTrax offerings.  Nor do they show up individually.

They have a new filter option that filters out things you already own from the catalog so you only see items you don't own, and for some reason, at least for me, it was activated even though I wasn't notified of it, thus the embarrassment of not being able to find When A Stranger Calls Back. I have no idea where to find the check box to deactivate it is though.

Offline Keighvin

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2016, 07:18:59 AM »
If you click on your account name, then go to edit preferences, and scroll all the awy to the bottom, it should be second from last.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2016, 02:55:33 PM »
Will this be released again? Or has the doors been shut for good?

Offline twotone8

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2017, 12:06:58 AM »
I googled this movie while watching the new MST3K season and found that this was included on Rifftrax as well, but has since been pulled.  Weird.  Anyone know why Rifftrax lost the rights while MST3K has access?  Could its inclusion in the new season have contributed to Rifftrax losing it?  Very weird.

Online wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 263
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2017, 05:58:58 PM »
I googled this movie while watching the new MST3K season and found that this was included on Rifftrax as well, but has since been pulled.  Weird.  Anyone know why Rifftrax lost the rights while MST3K has access?  Could its inclusion in the new season have contributed to Rifftrax losing it?  Very weird.

Lots of speculation, but no defenitive answers on why it was pulled. As someone who bought it the day it was released (which I do with most releases), watching it again after watching the MST3K version does really highlight the issues I had with the MST3K return. I'll preface this with stating that I did really like the MST3K return and hope it continues, but through 14 episodes I was never able to get a feel for who was riffing when both due to the voices sounding too similar and not many of the riffs being written specifically for the the personalities of the riffers (or characters the riffers play). I enjoyed the new MST3K episode of this movie, but the Rifftrax of it was far and away better.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 376
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2017, 07:09:02 AM »
So what exactly are the ethics of torrenting this one?  I found a torrent out there.  I'd gladly pay for it if Rifftrax were still selling it.  But they aren't.  So, ethically, should I donate the ten bucks?
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.